Impressions from the game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

This was my first basketball game this season, so I can't compare to the other games but I can to the team of last year. I was very impressed with the defense of this team. We had a few too many fouls in the first half but still I think we played great on defense. I love the full court press we got a whole lot of turnovers from it. I also thought the defense tonight was probably the best defense I have seen in our basketball team since Shroyer was hired.

I thought the offense looked real fluid and smooth the last 10 minutes of the game. It seemed a little streaky the first 30 minutes. We would have sections of 8-10 points but then go cold for 5 minutes. I think after some more games of playing together this should improve though and it seemed to improve throughout the game. We have lots of talent in hitting the boards, I think we had 6 or 7 different players slam the ball tonight, it was very impressive. I think we are lacking a little in the perimeter shooting. Moujeke hit several huge 3's, but we didn't really have any other perimeter shooters today. Hopefully some more will emerge before conference play.

I came away very impressed I think we will suprise some teams in the conference this year.

Maybe some others who made the first two games can shed some light on how this game compared to those.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

you say that we didnt look fluid the first 30 minutes i think we take awhile toget going once we get going a whole game we can really make some noise in the confrence
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Agreed. I thought our offense got more and more fluid as the game went on. I also think come January after this starting line-up has played a lot more together we will look much more fluid on offense. Like I said before I think we will suprise some teams in the conference, especially with so many teams losing key players, to me the conference looks wide open. I also think this team is full of potential scorers they just have to get smarter on a few of their passes and then our offense will probably look tons more fluid.
The Juice
Buckaroo

WyomingAg wrote:Agreed. I thought our offense got more and more fluid as the game went on. I also think come January after this starting line-up has played a lot more together we will look much more fluid on offense. Like I said before I think we will suprise some teams in the conference, especially with so many teams losing key players, to me the conference looks wide open. I also think this team is full of potential scorers they just have to get smarter on a few of their passes and then our offense will probably look tons more fluid.
You really like the word "fluid" don't you? :D
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Except for that last minute or two of the half, I thought that the Poke offense was a little to stand-aroundish. I would like to see more motion rather than just look for an opening to drive in to the hoop.