Outlook from here...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

Great win! Would have been nice to see Wyoming put TCU away and walk away with a 15-20 point win, but in conference wins are wins. With the exception of special teams, and a coaching staff the continues to play the "conservative, play not to loose" method late in games, we dominated a TCU team that on paper is the best in this league, and the toughest we'll see the rest of the way. The speed of this defense is amazing! Sean Claffey is one of the most consitent players we've had in years. He is always in good position and is a great tackler. He shadowed Aaron Brown several times Saturday to the outside, and each time kept up with his speed to the corner, and then popped him down even after he would attempt his elusive moves.

So, can this team win this conference? Is this the year? Well lets see...
Of our remaining road games(@AFA,@SDSU,@Utah, and@CSU) We would likely be favored at this point in three of them, maybe four depending on where Utah goes from here. None of those games would scare me in Laramie, but I see AFA and Utah being toss ups depending on how this team shakes out on the road. CSU is obviously always tough, no matter where its played. They are down, but the great thing about that game is its week 12. Wyoming could be heading to FOCO 60 minutes away from winning the MWC, and CSU could, and likely will be playing for nothing but next season.
Home games? UMN, UNLV, and of course.... BYU. IMO it would take a let down to loose to UNM or UNLV, although I see UNM as a tough test. I would like to say Wyoming can loose one game and still win the MWC, but I dont think it can be to BYU. They have TCU and Utah at home. We could be their only snag from 8-0. That could mean November 17th in Laramie could be for the championship, and I wouldnt have it any other way!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

New Mexico brings a potent offense into Laramie.. their QB and RB are very solid, and are among MWC leaders in their respective categories. Should be a good matchup this weekend, and hopefully Ferguson doesn't have UWs number like Dontrell Moore did.

Good analysis, WyoCow.
ImageImageImageImage
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

WyoCow85 wrote:Great win! Would have been nice to see Wyoming put TCU away and walk away with a 15-20 point win, but in conference wins are wins. With the exception of special teams, and a coaching staff the continues to play the "conservative, play not to LOSE method late in games, we dominated a TCU team that on paper is the best in this league, and the toughest we'll see the rest of the way. The speed of this defense is amazing! Sean Claffey is one of the most consitent players we've had in years. He is always in good position and is a great tackler. He shadowed Aaron Brown several times Saturday to the outside, and each time kept up with his speed to the corner, and then popped him down even after he would attempt his elusive moves.

So, can this team win this conference? Is this the year? Well lets see...
Of our remaining road games(@AFA,@SDSU,@Utah, and@CSU) We would likely be favored at this point in three of them, maybe four depending on where Utah goes from here. None of those games would scare me in Laramie, but I see AFA and Utah being toss ups depending on how this team shakes out on the road. CSU is obviously always tough, no matter where its played. They are down, but the great thing about that game is its week 12. Wyoming could be heading to FOCO 60 minutes away from winning the MWC, and CSU could, and likely will be playing for nothing but next season.
Home games? UMN, UNLV, and of course.... BYU. IMO it would take a let down to LOSE to UNM or UNLV, although I see UNM as a tough test. I would like to say Wyoming can loose one game and still win the MWC, but I dont think it can be to BYU. They have TCU and Utah at home. We could be their only snag from 8-0. That could mean November 17th in Laramie could be for the championship, and I wouldnt have it any other way!

I agree. Great analysis. I am perhaps a little less optimistic, the only game that we played great form start to finish was UVA. The last two weeks could have EASILY gone either way. UNM scares me this week, but at home, I say we win. I agree that AFA and Utard on the road will be very close tough games for us. I would like to think we have learned how to win on the road in those tough games, facing adversity like at Ohio. We need to continue to focus on turnovers, especially in the passing game. Sween needs to continue to mature and know when to throw it away. He has to keep in mind that he has the best two backs behind him to help him move the chains. I know that we can't just run it, and that we need an effective passing attack to keep the D from putting the team bus in the box to contain Thunder & Lightning. I am flying to WYO if things shape up for the BYU game like you predict. That would be worht my wife cutting me off for a couple weeks. I have tore the goal posts down against BYU before, and would love to try again. It sucks they break them all down now, oh well, I can say I did it once. Hopefully see you all in Laramie in NOV.. If not, I may go to watch us keep the boot another year. kick 'em while they are down..

GO POKES!!
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

There is still a lot that has to be proven. Our toughest games are yet to come. I never imagined seeing Utah blow out UCLA, and then outscore Louisville. And to play them in SLC will be tough. To see what UNLV has done this year has been massive improvement from where they were last year. By making it a game against Wisconsin, and shutting out Utah, they might pose threat to WYO. I don't think nobody expected AFA to start as they have this year. They will be a tough test, especially in AFA. SDSU just scares me to death. They always suck until they play Wyoming. Just like last year. They were Aweful! Even lost to Cal Poly 16-14, and then came to Laramie and almost pulled an upset in a 27-24 shootout. I never know what to expect of them. It really reminds me of 96 when we were a great team, and they were well, not so good, and we played in SD, and they beat us 28-24. BYU has pretty much had our number ever since Level Edwards was coach, and it has yet to change. So , Hopefully we can pull a victory like that awesome 13-10 win a few years back in Laramie. Csu has never mattered whether you're a good team or a bad team. CSU has beat us when they were God Aweful! and we've beat them when we were aswell. It can go either way, and CSU has the advantage in FOCO. And this year could be New Mexico's year. They are a threat everywhere Offensively. A Great RB, a Good QB, and two great WR's. And that D is not bad at all.
I see WYO beating UNLV, New Mexico, AFA, BYU, and CSU. I don't see us making it out of SLC witha victory and I think SDSU will keep it close and frusturate us to the end and get us in the end, like they always's do in SD.
This is how I see it now. I might change later on. But each team has shown me something more than I thought at the beginning of the season.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

You make a great point. There really isn't any team in this conference that you can't make an argument for beating WYO. Utah and BYU scare me the most. I hate to say it, but I almost think a loss to Utah is a lock. AFA on the road scares me to death too. A loss to UNLV or UNM at home will likely cost us the crown before it even has a chance to get interesting, and that puts a lot of pressure on the Pokes. Match up wise I think we will fair the best against teams with weak defenses. Our D can atleast contain anyone IMO, and our offense has shown they can take advantage of defenses weaknesses. But hey, nobody would have believed we'd hang 230 yards rushing and 2 passing TD's on TCU! That said, I think Utah and BYU will come down to our defense cause I think those are teams we can score on. SDSU also fits this category. CSU, UNM, UNLV and AFA actually scare me the most in terms of defense.
Predicted wins:
New Mexico
UNLV
SDSU
BYU
CSU
Predicted losses:
Air Force
Utah
RECORD - 9-3 (6-2)
Bowl record but will that win this conference? If BYU tripped up one other place and AFA and SDSU dont come out of no where we'd win it, since we'd have the tie breakers over BYU and TCU.