Bring on the fly boys. I can't stand AFA lately.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The AFA rivalry used to be one based out of respect. It's not like that anymore.

The AFA rivalry has turned nasty in a real hurry.

The Cowboys better be ready. This is going to be a chippy, physical, hard fought, rivalry game.

I think our defense matches up well with them this year, but we need to control the line of scrimmage again or we'll get trucked.

Go Wyo. Beat AFA.

Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

What time is it?

IT'S HOWDY DOODY TIIIIME!!!!

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Lost Poke wrote:What time is it?

IT'S HOWDY DOODY TIIIIME!!!!

He really does have a striking, uncanny resemblance to Howdy Doody.

If there's one thing I'm thankful for from DC, it's the nastier rivalry with AFA. Their fans are the biggest douches in the MWC if you ask a lot of our season ticket holders.

Nothing would be better than an AFA win this weekend.

We'll need a monster game from Wingard if we want to beat AFA.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

You can appreciate our military and still think afa football is filled with a bunch of cheap shot artists and dirty players. It starts with Calhoun. That guy is a class A butthole. I watched them play usu last week and it was a joke. The fans were awful. The players are dirty. Calhoun is unhinged and a smug tool. This game to me is huge.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

We should sign Vic Koenning to a 1 week contract every year when we play AFA. That dude knows how to defend the option. His defenses (prior to being head coach) always wrecked the flyboys.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=318_1350757268
The greatest rant EVER. Man I miss that guy :rant: Mr f-word Howdy doody. I cant stand the flyboys.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

djm19 wrote:You can appreciate our military and still think afa football is filled with a bunch of cheap shot artists and dirty players. It starts with Calhoun. That guy is a class A butthole. I watched them play usu last week and it was a joke. The fans were awful. The players are dirty. Calhoun is unhinged and a smug tool. This game to me is huge.
I never understood people who put the military (or police, for that matter) on a pedestal. It's full of just as many ass hats as there are among civilians, and a lot of people join just because they don't have any other option.

Do they deserve credit for serving? Hell yes. Are they saints? Heh...

I swear half the guys in my platoon were not only morons, but they also had a reaaaally difficult time accepting when a woman said no... not to mention, maybe she wouldn't have said no/slapped you if you hadn't gone straight for her breasts on the dance floor.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

We opened as 13 1/2 point dogs at home...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

AFA is just below the sheep as far as teams in the MWC that irritate the hell out of me. I hope Bohl has everyone ready to go for the option offense. Gotta have solid play by the ends, outside backers, and corners to keep things from getting outside and around the corner on us.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I don't miss DC at all, but the Howdy Doody reference is such a classic.

Before I did my masters at UW, I had season tix to....CSewe. Hey, it was the only game in town!

Anyway, after watching Air Force antics...late hits...hits out of bounds...crybaby bs... I've never liked them. This was going on with De Berry too.

Screw the flyboys. Let's beat their asses.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

This year AFA can pass well - especially the long bomb. Watch out!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'll admit I have not seen them play this season. What's the word on them? I just can't tell how good they are by who they played so far.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Offensively, this is not their best triple option attack. It's alright, nothing great. Defensively, they're stout...one of the best we'll see all season. This has the feel of a 21-20 type game.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I've watched them play on TV a few times. In person once. Nothing new that hasn't already been said.

Their d is solid. That said, a mediocre usu team moved the ball on them
Their qb can throw decent
Robinette has to be like 29 years old. That wr is still around
Their O line are cheap shot artists, usual afa blocking and hurting knees
Calhoun is a prick
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Here in Utah, DC still gets brought up and they always do the "#### you. Get in your locker room, you ####### fly boy" drop on air.

I actually find it funny now. Military appreciation night and all. The next year we punched them in the mouth good.

What a shame they took the video down.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

We need a threat titled "Troy Calhoun is a cocksucker"

Then every post in reply is nothing but a period.

Just..... "."

Just to throw off the fly boys fans.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, no let downs, let's have a good crowd at the War Saturday!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

Wyovanian wrote:We opened as 13 1/2 point dogs at home...
Holy crap! That is a huge line. I guess we didn't earn much respect by beating the sheep in the Fort.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

take those points and run, it'll be 5 by Friday afternoon
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

14 points is rediculous. I think Wingard is going to channel his inner Al Rich, and we're going to beat AFA at home.

National Champions 1943.

I do.