Recievers Coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyowilly2015
Buckaroo

Still no word on who the new wide receivers coach will be? Why doesn't Bohl go after Jovon Bouknight? Not only is he forever a Cowboy, although he has been at Utah State ever since Christensen ran him out while he was a GA, but he has proven to be a great coach with the Aggies. I say start a twitter campaign #HireJovonWyo
Larawie
Ranch Hand

I heard he got a raise to stay.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

malcom Floyd
Last edited by Coeur d' Alene on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Oh but keep in mind that my expectations are unrealistic. Is pay a million a year for Dave Logan to be the OC and recruiting coordinator and let him keep doing his radio show and the Broncos. Give him a helicopter ride 5 days a week
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote:Oh but keep in mind that my expectations are unrealistic. Is pay a million a year for Dave Logan to be the OC and recruiting coordinator and let him keep doing his radio show and the Broncos. Give him a helicopter ride 5 days a week
So you want to hire a guy that is in no way qualified to be a FBS OC, allow him to be part-time, and pay him more than almost every OC in the country? For $1 million you could get almost any assistant coach in the country.

I realize your post was maybe TIC, but I don't understand the hard-on some people get on this forum for Dave Logan. For recruiting, ok sure, but as an actual coach, maybe a positional at best. It's like saying we should can Bohl and hire Dave Walsh as the next HC.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:Oh but keep in mind that my expectations are unrealistic. Is pay a million a year for Dave Logan to be the OC and recruiting coordinator and let him keep doing his radio show and the Broncos. Give him a helicopter ride 5 days a week
So you want to hire a guy that is in no way qualified to be a FBS OC, allow him to be part-time, and pay him more than almost every OC in the country? For $1 million you could get almost any assistant coach in the country.

I realize your post was maybe TIC, but I don't understand the hard-on some people get on this forum for Dave Logan. For recruiting, ok sure, but as an actual coach, maybe a positional at best. It's like saying we should can Bohl and hire Dave Walsh as the next HC.
Dave Walsh and Dave Logan = comparable? Knock it off.

CU should have hired Logan as a head coach. Unlv did their version of that and it's working.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

Dave Walsh and Dave Logan = comparable? Knock it off.

CU should have hired Logan as a head coach. Unlv did their version of that and it's working.
My comparison of the two was to say that just because a guy knows a lot about football and can talk about it on TV/radio, doesn't mean they are qualified to be a FBS coordinator. And no team Logan has ever coached would be able to stay within 40 of any of Sanchez's Bishop Gorman teams. $1 million would make him the 10th highest paid assistant in college football and would mean he would make more than Bohl.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Gagliardi wrote to me on Twitter saying that his sources told him a WR coach could be named soon. It's not Bouknight.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Can someone correct the spelling in the title?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

As much as I would love it, Jovon isn't come back to Laramie guys. His name was/is even being swirled around as possible OC at USU. I doubt that will happen, but either way, he has set himself up a nice gig in Logan. And from a connection I have there, he loves where he is at.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I think I will apply!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I've heard we already have a guy in place. The marketing folks decided instead of announcing the hire, they'll just tweet a close up picture of various body parts every day to build up "excitement"
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

cali2wyo wrote:I've heard we already have a guy in place. The marketing folks decided instead of announcing the hire, they'll just tweet a close up picture of various body parts every day to build up "excitement"
:rofl:
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:I've heard we already have a guy in place. The marketing folks decided instead of announcing the hire, they'll just tweet a close up picture of various body parts every day to build up "excitement"
:lol: :thumb:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 127 times

Well Played! HAHAHA!

:rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

I still haven't stopped laughing
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Looks like he was on Nebraska's staff with Bohl back in the day. The connection makes sense.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 35 times

Our article on the new coaching hire: http://www.wyonation.com/2016/01/wyomin ... ers-coach/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I like this hire, at first glance it looks like he knows what it takes to be a winner. Played QB at Nebraska back in the day.
And seems to be smart as he was academic all conference and ended up with 2 degrees.

Position coaches seem like they are always hard to judge how much of an impact they can make, because the best ones always end up moving up to coordinators, but at the same time, they are what makes the successful programs move forward.

17 bowl games in 22 seasons.

He seems to have coached several positions throughout the team including a couple years on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know if that's good because he has so much experience, or bad because through 2 decades of coaching hasn't been able to stick at one spot.

Has spent time at the BCS level, and G5 level. Hopefully it makes a positive difference for the Pokes. We need it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.