Scott Duncan in the house. ...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

....Bishop Gorman in Vegas. He was taking a lot of notes when Team Prodigy was playing A train Magic. Prodigy had some athletes. Well coached. They had a bouncy, skilled 6'7" wing. I believe they're from Cali.

Peace... maybe some names tomorrow.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

Interesting, hope you can dig up some more info.
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

...apparently Duncan was there to watch a couple of under classmen at the tourney. That would make a lot of sense because I'm sure that any significant seniors would've already been signed. A point guard from the Colorado Miners 17U team must have been on his radar as he watched that team play 3 times and took plenty of notes and I'm guessing that a swing man from Arizona Elite was another. Kinda funny to watch the coaches try to act cool and not give away who they are truly interested in. All in the game....

The Prodigy team that I mentioned earlier was the real deal...coached by former UCLA great Tracy Murray they played defense at a D1 level. Without mentioning names (which is unlike me to do) there are 4 current Pokes who couldn't start for that team. A guy sitting below me mentioned that 6 of those kids had already signed D1 letters so that would make sense. Roy Williams made a cameo appearance to watch Prodigy play NorCal elite....maybe one of those kids was already signed to UNC.

Basketball heaven for a dude like me.

Peace
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

i like what JD does for us!!!!!
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

.....well here's how Jordan Naughtons recruiting probably went down. Duncan apparently reads this board and saw where jcintherock mentioned all of the high level players on Prodigy Elites spring squad . He of course takes notice because it's jc's stuff. He observes Jordan for the first time after my post....bam! He sees another raw, coachable and athletic big whom has an incredibly talented and passionate network of AAU coaches in Cameron and Tracy Murray. By the time he gets here he should have enough offensive game to help his freshman year. He's pretty limited right now but you there are encouraging signs for the future. Soft hands and he isn't bothered in traffic. The kid will be a physical monster by the time he gets here. It was tough to really stand out on that squad as they were loaded and deep.

Soooooo.....you're probably wondering why JC has this info about him in retrospect?....ahhhhh.....the beauty of video. Prodigy Elite played my sons team in April and my wife was kind enough to record while I watched. I've looked over that video several times....he caught an oop off the opening tap. Made a statement to start that game.

Duncan.....you're welcome. TIC.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

did we get a commit in this Naughton kid?
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

johnywyo wrote:did we get a commit in this Naughton kid?
https://twitter.com/MattyK31/status/497550399038316544
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

Damn....I shoulda got paid for that scout.

Seriously. ..
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

Good stuff JC. Naughton will be a monster as a junior
W-Y, Until I Die!