Thankful for the Robert Sternberg Presidency

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

May it be successfully argued that Robert Sternberg's truncated Presidency will turn out to be the most effective and brief Presidency in the history of UW?

Pro or con on RS -- may it be contended that his limited run atop the UW power structure resulted in a shift in philosophy and culture - with the after effects that may be felt for years to come?

May it be postured that the RS Presidency, albeit it only a twinkle of time spent in Laramie...that he served as an agent of change that caused ripple effects that will positively impact Wyoming Football and Basketball into the foreseeable future?

May it be...

I think you're catching my drift here.

If not, go back up to the top and re-read this missive.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Sternberg for greatest UW president in the schools history? Maybe!
Maybe his shake up was just enough for the good Ole Boys club to realize they needed change but wanted to act like they were the ones who came up with it, not some guys from Oklahoma State.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

Drinking your own Pee again? I guess it is the season - so enjoy.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

There's some truth to this.

As awkwardly and (sometimes) as badly as Sternberg went about his business at UW, enough changes were made and issues dragged out into the open to remind everyone that not everything falls apart when things are shaken up and assumptions are questioned.

It's a weird legacy he has, but it's not as bad as 92.5% of the UW community seems to think.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

it did sure stir things up over there, and imo that's was truly needed for quite some time!!!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Did you got to the University of Wyoming? Wyoming fans are the best - I hope you did!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

+1 Doc.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

If he would have stayed a few more months, there may have been a 100% turnover in campus deans... How many resigned? Was it 5?

I kind of like the emails he sent out. I also like the Poke Pride Fridays. I think the new admittance policy with the "lower scores, but let's have them write an essay!" might have been the last straw. Lord knows Wyoming has plenty of options for lower achieving HS students to attend a community college and work their way into UW. I don't think access to the university was every a real issue for Wyoming residents.

For guys like me in Colorado, different story. UW is such a bargain, it's easy to laugh at CSU folks and ask them how deep in debt they are...even with instate tuition vs. the 150% paid by Colorado residents. It seemed to have went from a "Let's get the out of staters here!" to a "Hey, let's keep those greenies out and get more kids from Thermopolis!" Kind of a wild swing in philosophy...

BTW, Wyoming wins again:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-sta ... eid=yhoof2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
ragtimeJOE
Buckaroo

Sternberg was obviously trying to mimic OKState's (really T Boone's) philosophy of the importance of athletics. The Poke Pride Friday is a copy of Orange Pride at OKState. Both of those are good.

However, the benefits of Sternberg at WYO might end there. He is just not the right fit. Change is not a bad thing unless it is a change in the wrong direction.