If people are emailing the BOT

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Emphasis has to be made on 1) Burman and 2) The absolute do or die affect the next hire will have on the program, and that now is not the time to pinch pennies considering the debacle with Sternbeg falls on them no matter what side of that fence you're on. "Don't get cheap on me now Dodgson."]
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Do you have the addresses ?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Delete
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Delete
what happened?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9643" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Just accidentally posted twice/ incorrectly. Damn iphone
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Burman is not going anywhere so everyone should just give up on that one now. We do need to emphasize getting DC fired, as well as not pinching pennies and actually spend actual money on the next coach. We need a big name coach in here that can turn this program around and the only way we will do that is to spend money on him.
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Just a question... are the BoT permanently there for life? Can they be replaced or fired?
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I know he's not going to get my fired my point is they need to know people see the real source of the problem instead of just emailing the problem.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

7220Fan wrote:Just a question... are the BoT permanently there for life? Can they be replaced or fired?
Don't hold me to this but the Governor can replace any of them since he's the one who names them to the board.

Basically the bad guys in this mess painted the good guys into a corner.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Ok.... So who on here wants to run for governor???
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Just a question... are the BoT permanently there for life? Can they be replaced or fired?
They are appointed for 6 year terms by the Governor. No, the Governor cannot remove them at will.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

SnowyRange wrote:
They are appointed for 6 year terms by the Governor. No, the Governor cannot remove them at will.
Thanks. I figured I had the wrong answer but at least I tried. LOL
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Too bad... I am sure a lot of eyebrows would have been raised when every BoT Was part of this message board!!! Lol
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SnowyRange wrote:
I think a voter initiative to change the BOT to elected positions might not be a bad thing.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:
I think a voter initiative to change the BOT to elected positions might not be a bad thing.
That's a good idea - how do we go about doing that? While we are at it, why not do the same thing to our governor that he did to Cindy Hill i.e. take away all their powers.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:
That's a good idea - how do we go about doing that? While we are at it, why not do the same thing to our governor that he did to Cindy Hill i.e. take away all their powers.
Here's what the state Constitution's got to say about it-

[Apportionment] (Sec. 52, (b)-

(a) The people may propose and enact laws by the initiative, and approve or reject acts of the legislature by the referendum.

(b) An initiative or referendum is proposed by an application containing the bill to be initiated or the act to be referred. The application shall be signed by not less than one hundred (100) qualified voters as sponsors, and shall be filed with the secretary of state. If he finds it in proper form he shall so certify. Denial of certification shall be subject to judicial review.

(c) After certification of the application, a petition containing a summary of the subject matter shall be prepared by the secretary of state for circulation by the sponsors. The petition may be filed with the secretary of state if it meets both of the following requirements:

(i) It is signed by qualified voters, equal in number to fifteen percent (15%) of those who voted in the preceding general election; and

(ii) It is signed by qualified voters equal in number to fifteen percent (15%) of those resident in at least two-thirds (2/3) of the counties of the state, as determined by those who voted in the preceding general election in that county.

(d) An initiative petition may be filed at any time except that one may not be filed for a measure substantially the same as that defeated by an initiative election within the preceding (5) years. The secretary of state shall prepare a ballot title and proposition summarizing the proposed law, and shall place them on the ballot for the first statewide election held more than one hundred twenty (120) days after adjournment of the legislative session following the filing. If, before the election, substantially the same measure has been enacted, the petition is void.

(f) If votes in an amount in excess of fifty percent (50%) of those voting in the general election are cast in favor of adoption of an initiated measure, the measure is enacted. If votes in an amount in excess of fifty percent (50%) of those voted in the general election are cast in favor of rejection of an act referred, it is rejected. The secretary of state shall certify the election returns. An initiated law becomes effective ninety (90) days after certification, is not subject to veto, and may not be repealed by the legislature within two (2) years of its effective date. It may be amended at any time. An act rejected by referendum is void thirty (30) days after certification. Additional procedures for the initiative and referendum may be prescribed by law.

(g) The initiative shall not be used to dedicate revenues, make or repeal appropriations, create courts, define the jurisdiction of courts or prescribe their rules, enact local or special legislation, or enact that prohibited by the constitution for enactment by the legislature. The referendum shall not be applied to dedications of revenue, to appropriations, to local or special legislation, or to laws necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Thanks for posting that Wyovanian. I am considering this very seriously and will look into the connections & support in all areas of the state to see if it might be feasible to accomplish. This rut our state is in is getting very deep.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

YankPoke wrote:Burman is not going anywhere so everyone should just give up on that one now. We do need to emphasize getting DC fired, as well as not pinching pennies and actually spend actual money on the next coach. We need a big name coach in here that can turn this program around and the only way we will do that is to spend money on him.
Well if Burman is not going anywhere, we may as well keep CDC. Does not make sense to let TB make another coaching hire. May as well see if CDC can turn it around in the next year and maybe we get a new Prez to get rid of TB. I don't like our options at all, but I have zero trust in Tom Burman making us relevant in football again.