WYO @ SMU Stream

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

gbpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Well that was an interesting game and an interesting way to win the game. The lack of Luke Martinez very very obvious man we need him back and very very soon.

That win won't do us any good in the polls lol

No kidding, they'll probably lose votes in the polls because of this game.
RPI rank goes from 25 to 20!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Thank you, wyo2dal! Thoroughly enjoyed that.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 17 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
phxpoke wrote:Damn. I just got home, so I missed the game. I'll have to rely on your comments and the newspaper. Glad we won. 13-0 baby!
I'll rebroadcast the game so you can watch it if ya want.
That would be great. Thanks
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I don't want to watch the whole game but someone needs to get me a clip of Adam's dunk :thumb:
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

phxpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
phxpoke wrote:Damn. I just got home, so I missed the game. I'll have to rely on your comments and the newspaper. Glad we won. 13-0 baby!
Want it now?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2Dal thanks, as always for the stream and for the info on that Apple job. GO POKES
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I'd love to see it again!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 17 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
phxpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Want it now?
Just saw this. Yes. I'll put it on now. Thank you
jaxcowboy93
Buckaroo

Wyo2dal - Thank You for always stepping up!!!

Shyatt has built this team to win ugly games, and win games when you are down a man like Martinez (or with minimal depth). You do that with hard nosed defense, creating turnovers, limiting your own turnovers, and making free throws. Tonight we didn't make free throws but we scored 20 points off of turnovers.

I am a fan of the players on this team, but IMO Shyatt is why we are 13-0!
gbpoke
Cowpoke

jaxcowboy93 wrote:Wyo2dal - Thank You for always stepping up!!!

Shyatt has built this team to win ugly games, and win games when you are down a man like Martinez (or with minimal depth). You do that with hard nosed defense, creating turnovers, limiting your own turnovers, and making free throws. Tonight we didn't make free throws but we scored 20 points off of turnovers.

The Pokes really struggled from the line tonight, i think they were something like 12-21. I thought there were times when their defense wasn't necessarily as good as it had been in games past. It seemed to me that they were just sitting back and waiting for SMU to do something instead of forcing the issue as normal, as a result SMU got a lot of open looks, and they knocked them down. I'm not able to watch all of the Poke's games, but tonight was the first time I've ever seen Wyoming under Shyatt play a zone--am I wrong in that or was I just imagining things?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

gbpoke wrote:

The Pokes really struggled from the line tonight, i think they were something like 12-21. I thought there were times when their defense wasn't necessarily as good as it had been in games past. It seemed to me that they were just sitting back and waiting for SMU to do something instead of forcing the issue as normal, as a result SMU got a lot of open looks, and they knocked them down. I'm not able to watch all of the Poke's games, but tonight was the first time I've ever seen Wyoming under Shyatt play a zone--am I wrong in that or was I just imagining things?
It wasn't the first time we have played zone d - in fact we have played zone quite a bit. Shyatt knows when to use it and when not to.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

gbpoke wrote:

I don't think it was the first time, but it was necessary because of the foul trouble. Thank God SMU didn't hit any 3's.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

gbpoke wrote:

Doesn't shyatt almost exclusively run the zone?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

wyosteelerfan wrote:
gbpoke wrote:

Doesn't shyatt almost exclusively run the zone?
Nope, he also runs a lot of man to man.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

So after all that.....BeaverPoke was right. Wyoming would go 13-0.....just not in football.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

I wish I could have asked the SMU announcers if SMU has ever started a season 13 & 0.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
jaxcowboy93
Buckaroo

He will come out in a zone a couple times a game. Just trying to mix up the look a little bit. He only stays in it for one possession though, and then they go back to man.

I agree with you that they didn't play as well defensively tonight. The "help" defense on drives to the basket seemed a little off to me. My point earlier was that they still created turnovers, and the difference tonight was that we scored 20 points off of to's while SMU only score 12 off of our to's.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

phxpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
phxpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Want it now?
I grabbed food real quick, Going to throw the game on right now.
tweaked
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal, did you throw the game back on? Do you access it through your 2009 champions New Mexico Bowl link? If you are ever in Laramie, I owe you a beer! -
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
phxpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
phxpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Want it now?
I grabbed food real quick, Going to throw the game on right now.
I clicked the ustream link but am not getting the replay. Is that the link you are using?