Contract extension and/or raise

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wylrae
Buckaroo

Have been out of touch quite a bit in Apr/May but have not seen nor heard anything regarding a contract extension and/or raise for Shyatt for the fantastic job this past season. Did I miss the information somewhere? Or was his performance not considered up to that which earned HS his two-year extension and a raise? To me Shyatt took over a far worse situation than HS did and did a far better job than HS did. (Actually won some conference road games and won a post season game and saw some increased attendance at some home games.)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 127 times

Ouch! Well, the mistake that should have cost Tom Burman his job...probably is the reason there has been no action on the Shyatt contract. Oh, that, and Shyatt signed a longer deal, and there is a budget cut looming ahead for UW athletics.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Schroyer didn't deserve his contract extension. I don't believe that Shyatt will earn one unless he shows continuous improvement over the next 2-3 seasons. If he starts taking us to NCAA tournament berths then we'll talk extension.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

I agree McPeachy and Wyo1016. That fopar DOES NOT want to be repeated! :lol: Though it wasn't funny at all. Shyatt had a decent first year and I have a lot of faith that he'll continue to build on that. His contract is pretty attractive, as is, for the time being.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming- ... f887a.html
Here you go. 1 year, no raise. I think this is a good thing.
wylrae
Buckaroo

Thanks for updating me. Appreciate it.

Cannot say I disagree with any of the comments made in reply to my question.

Most certainly agree that Heath did not deserve his extension and raise; IMHO his record was not impressive enough that his buddy should even have hired him here (doubt that Heath's name was on a list of names presented by a search firm/committee if one was involved at the time of his hiring).

Also agree that Burman's giving Heath a contract extension and raise ("mistake") should have cost him his job; combining that with his involvment in (again IMHO) destroying our men's BB program (granted it was struggling but did have some slight increases in attendance in McClains last couple of years) I think more than likely anyone but a home town boy's head would have been on the chopping block. I do expect to see the attendance slowly come back under Shyatt (knows how to coach and probably will see to it that our powder puff OOC schedules under Heath are strengthened); however, it will take time as a good number of fans have been turned off over the past several years.

As for budget cuts being a reason no increase in salary was included along with Shyatt's extension, I don't know as I buy into that. Didn't Burman some months back pat himself on the back about having a million dollar reserve available? Would seem to me if you have a million dollar reserve a $400k cut would not be earth shattering unless those cuts are expected to continue for a couple/few years.

Oh well, again thanks for the comments, and I will continue to wait for those Mountain West championships that Burman saw in our future.