Cornhuskers not looking good

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

How long does their coach last?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:46 pm How long does their coach last?
I was just watching Minnie pound them a bit while studying for my journeyman's test. They're about to go to 4-6 on the season. I don't think Mike Riley survives this year.

Scott Frost is out there, but is a top candidate for Florida.

The Nebraska job scares me. If we can keep Bohl from Nebraska, I think we'll keep him for a very long time.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Ya it scares me too. The fact that Bohl himself has said at coaching functions that it's important to match your style to the culture of the destination. Our programs were built by the same coach. Their culture is our culture.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Exactly.

The one thing I think he has going for him is his lack of experience as the head coach at a higher level. He hasn't won a conference title at Wyoming yet.

Nebraska's current coach was an average coach at Oregon State. I doubt their boosters will want to take a chance on another unproven coach.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

Plus Nebraska would want to see how Bohl does next season WITHOUT Josh Allen.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think he will be considered but if you look at his overall body of work as an fbs coach he would not wow boosters.hes still 7 games under 500 for his tenure at Wyoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Here's a look at Scott Frost's offense. It's a shotgun option, leaning heavy on the run game.

I still think Craig Bohl's pro style scheme is a better fit at Nebraska and something their boosters would prefer over Scott Frost's offense: although Scott Frost's offense is averaging almost twice the points per game as this years Wyoming offense.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... ch-offense

National Champions 1943.

I do.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

What I’ve heard from a fairly accurate source is that Mike Riley is going to step down due to health issues and that they’re looking at Scott Frost for around 5 years 25 million. I’ve also seen a tweet saying Florida’s coaching search has shifted to Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly, and Charlie Strong which tells me Frost doesn’t want it. But that’s my :twocents:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wow. The Husker board is in meltdown mode. Honestly, I haven't been paying attention to them, but wow.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

If you do a twitter search of "Craig Bohl"....he's not the first choice, but he's definitely the second choice behind Scott Frost, at least among fans.

Hopefully, they'll land Frost and he'll retire from Nebraska after a Tom Osborne like career there.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Something else to consider, some are predicting the coach gets canned this week.

If Scott Frost is the guy, who is he going to target for his coaching staff? I have a feeling our d coordinator would be a hot item, as well as vigen. Stanard not so much lol
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:47 pm Something else to consider, some are predicting the coach gets canned this week.

If Scott Frost is the guy, who is he going to target for his coaching staff? I have a feeling our d coordinator would be a hot item, as well as vigen. Stanard not so much lol
Hazelton came from the NDSU tree, not the Nebraska tree. I'm guessing Frost would bring as many of his guys from UCF that he could.

Hazelton failed miserably as the DC at Nevada, although that wasn't really his fault. Still, I think Frost would chose someone he's worked with.

The D.C. at UCF has long time ties with Frost and he's from Iowa, so he's a natural fit for Nebraska.

http://www.ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx? ... h=football

If they hire Frost, I think we're safe as far as coaches go.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

One guy that might make Scott Frost's staff is Matt lubick. They coached at oregon together. Matt is the co offensive coordinator at Washington huskies.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Lubick to Nebraska makes sense to me for regional recruiting, he bring name recognition in Colorado, and he understands Frost's system. Too me it would be a scary offensive paring.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm Here's a look at Scott Frost's offense. It's a shotgun option, leaning heavy on the run game.

I still think Craig Bohl's pro style scheme is a better fit at Nebraska and something their boosters would prefer over Scott Frost's offense: although Scott Frost's offense is averaging almost twice the points per game as this years Wyoming offense.

I would kill to have Scott Frost's offense at Wyoming
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:19 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm Here's a look at Scott Frost's offense. It's a shotgun option, leaning heavy on the run game.

I would kill to have Scott Frost's offense at Wyoming
I'm sure most people would. That's the popular choice in today's football world: some version of the spread.

I don't know if Nebraska fans/boosters would prefer it though. I think they prefer 2 tight ends, a fullback, and a couple of big tailbacks over the spread.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

That was a buttkicking I enjoyed watching!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 pm Exactly.

The one thing I think he has going for him is his lack of experience as the head coach at a higher level. He hasn't won a conference title at Wyoming yet.

Nebraska's current coach was an average coach at Oregon State. I doubt their boosters will want to take a chance on another unproven coach.
How many P5 head coaches are going to jump to Lincoln? I'd wager not many. Because of that, any coach will technically be unproven at that level.

Really, Bohl is arguably one of the more proven options out there. It may not be the option they want, but I don't think being unproven has anything to do with it.

However, I actually believe him when he says he wants to retire here.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Doesn’t Les Miles have a kid going to NU? I wonder if he will be considered or is even interested in coaching.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 pm Exactly.

How many P5 head coaches are going to jump to Lincoln? I'd wager not many. Because of that, any coach will technically be unproven at that level.

Really, Bohl is arguably one of the more proven options out there. It may not be the option they want, but I don't think being unproven has anything to do with it.

However, I actually believe him when he says he wants to retire here.
He's a proven FCS head coach, not a proven FBS coach. His record as a head coach in FBS is less than .500.

I don't think they'll hire another Mike Riley: a guy that struggled to be successful at a lesser school, especially right after they get rid of Mike Riley. I think they'll want someone that's been a part of dominant FBS programs.

National Champions 1943.

I do.