This is for you guys!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Today is a momentous occasion! Not for Coach Bohl and the players....they haven't been around long enough to know what this means. And neither have I (as I've been reminded of several times since I started posting here).

This is for you folks who have bled Brown & Gold since birth! You know the struggles this program has gone through. You know all the times the program has been so close to taking that next step, but could never quite get there.

This is for you guys! #GoWyo
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

I am only 31, but have been a die hard since 1999 or so. Very few "good" seasons in that range!
GO POKES!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Although technically we don't have to win tomorrow, I still want to. Do that. And then beat SDSU for the conference title.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

Thanks. You are correct. Coaches, players (even the great ones), athletic directors (although I really think Burman is one of us), and administrators come and go, but the long-suffering fans remain to carry the torch.

WW
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Anyone that's been a member of that festering hell hole of poop talk known as the MWCboard for the last 15 years deserves extra credit, especially the ones that haven't turned into MWCboard pricks, like I have. ;)

We've still got work to do though. We need to beat the Lobos for home field and we need to beat the Aztecs for a real conference championship.

Go Pokes!!
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Cowboy Junky wrote:Anyone that's been a member of that festering hell hole of poop talk known as the MWCboard for the last 15 years deserves extra credit, especially the ones that haven't turned into MWCboard pricks, like I have. ;)
Haha! Was just on there reading the 5+ page thread of Aztec fans trying to convince everyone that NM could win the Mountain Division by beating the Pokes tomorrow. Someone finally posted the updated rules that made it clear.
Last edited by COS Cowboy on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Today is a momentous occasion! Not for Coach Bohl and the players....they haven't been around long enough to know what this means. And neither have I (as I've been reminded of several times since I started posting here).

This is for you folks who have bled Brown & Gold since birth! You know the struggles this program has gone through. You know all the times the program has been so close to taking that next step, but could never quite get there.

Thanks Josh! I've been watching the Pokes since the late 1950's and this year has been one of the most pleasant surprises in all of that time. I thought the Cowboys would win 4 or 5 games this year, and that next year would be the year they arrived. Man, was I wrong. What a year it has been. Now, the kids need to beat UNM, then SDSU and get the title outright - then win the bowl game to top off the perfect season. Go Cowboys
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I appreciate the kind words Josh. It has been a longer than normal dry spell for Wyoming. When I was growing up and through college, I enjoyed some damn good Cowboy football. Reaching as high as the top 10, winning back to back conference titles without losing a college game, a couple to few top 25 finishes...and at that time our basketball team was rocking too. But, it has been a longer than expected dry spell. Longer than I would have ever thought. I appreciate coach Bohl for getting us back to this point in a year when many thought the ceiling was 5 or 6 wins. And, the best is yet to come considering the youth of this team.

Hopefully the Pokes can bring home the title this year. If not, the wait shouldn't be much longer. But, this year it would be awesome.

Go Pokes!!!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 14 times

COS Cowboy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Anyone that's been a member of that festering hell hole of poop talk known as the MWCboard for the last 15 years deserves extra credit, especially the ones that haven't turned into MWCboard pricks, like I have. ;)
Haha! Was just on there reading the 5+ page thread of Aztec fans trying to convince everyone that NM could win the Mountain Division by beating the Pokes tomorrow. Someone finally posted the updated rules that made it clear.
Just a random SDSU fan hoping that his team doesn't have to come back to Laramie in December. If we can pull off a win tomorrow, my satisfaction will be that their worst nightmare has come true...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Today is a momentous occasion! Not for Coach Bohl and the players....they haven't been around long enough to know what this means. And neither have I (as I've been reminded of several times since I started posting here).

Thanks, man!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

PokeTransplant wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:
Just a random SDSU fan hoping that his team doesn't have to come back to Laramie in December. If we can pull off a win tomorrow, my satisfaction will be that their worst nightmare has come true...
Love that it bothers them so much!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

It's only going to get better from here for "Those who stay."

Now, let's get Bohl's long-term contract extension nailed down ASAP. The Twitter world is filled right now with fans across the country who are very interested in Coach Bohl taking over their floundering P5 programs.

Go Pokes.......
The Virginian
Cowpoke

My first Wyoming game was October 10, 1955. I was 18 months old at the time so I don't remember it. The Pokes lost 14-13 hence my never die hatred for the sheep. Over the time since I've seen really high highs and really low lows. After 17 years of mostly suck I think we're heading into another golden era of Wyoming football.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke