Roll call and prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I'll be there with a couple of sheep fans. I'd love to spend the drive back to Fort Fun rubbing a Poke victory in their faces...but...

A baaaaaaa d CSewe team...37
A young and improving Cowboy team 31...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Hayduke wrote:I'll be there with a couple of sheep fans. I'd love to spend the drive back to Fort Fun rubbing a Poke victory in their faces...but...

A baaaaaaa d CSewe team...37
A young and improving Cowboy team 31...
watch the cops as i've heard they have a task force along 287 tomorrow!!! drive the speed limit!!! Dont' drive buzzed!!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Thanks.

Myself, I never speed. And I save the drinking for the game.

I always see greenie plates getting pulled over on that route...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
wyopig
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote:After analyzing this game, it doesn't look good. If you compare the records of the teams they lost to with the records of the teams we lost to, CSU is way better. They lost to teams with better records than teams we lost to. This strongly indicates and common sense tells you that CSU will blow us out.
We were a hell of a lot more competitive with Boise on the road than CSU was at home. That doesn't mean much, but it's a fact. CSU isn't good. Neither are we, but we're good enough to beat CSU. Wyoming is going to put it all together this week and win by 16.

WYO 33, CSU 17
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

wyopig wrote: We were a hell of a lot more competitive with Boise on the road than CSU was at home. That doesn't mean much, but it's a fact. CSU isn't good. Neither are we, but we're good enough to beat CSU. Wyoming is going to put it all together this week and win by 16.

WYO 33, CSU 17
I love the optimism and hope you are right. However, when you look at the records of the teams we lost to and the records of the teams they lost to, they lost to better teams.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
wyopig wrote: We were a hell of a lot more competitive with Boise on the road than CSU was at home. That doesn't mean much, but it's a fact. CSU isn't good. Neither are we, but we're good enough to beat CSU. Wyoming is going to put it all together this week and win by 16.

WYO 33, CSU 17
I love the optimism and hope you are right. However, when you look at the records of the teams we lost to and the records of the teams they lost to, they lost to better teams.
THey got their butts kick by Boise st home, @USU + SDSU at home. We got killed by USU & Boise. They beat AFA. We lost, but it was close til the end. I think we can hang with em.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

If we can get pressure on Stevens early in the game we can hang with them, if we let him sit back there their downfield passing game will slice us to pieces. You know they're stacking the box on us, and I figure we'll look more like an option team. I'm not feeling overly confident but I think we're more than capable of winning.

CSU-37
WYO- 24
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

PokeOLoco wrote:If we can get pressure on Stevens early in the game we can hang with them, if we let him sit back there their downfield passing game will slice us to pieces. You know they're stacking the box on us, and I figure we'll look more like an option team. I'm not feeling overly confident but I think we're more than capable of winning.

CSU-37
WYO- 24
I don't see this happening. Have we gotten pressure on anyone this year?
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

We have not. I'm hoping our DE's, especially Eddie play outside their minds. But hope is all I have.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

WYO 33, CSU 17
THey got their butts kick by Boise st home, @USU + SDSU at home. We got killed by USU & Boise. They beat AFA. We lost, but it was close til the end. I think we can hang with em.
You are grossly underestimating the importance of the records of opponents you lost to. It is the best indicator of the strength of a team.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

I like ESPN's prediction:

Wyoming Cowboys (+11) versus Colorado State Rams

Colorado State is struggling under first-year head coach Mike Bobo. The Rams are not making big plays and they are giving them up, especially in the run game. Wyoming makes a lot of those, and Brian Hill -- the nation's second-leading rusher -- will be ripping off 10- and 20-yard gainers all day.

Wyoming is sporting seven freshmen and a sophomore in the secondary two-deep, so All-American wideout Rashard Higgins is going to tally some yards. But the Rams have had trouble getting Higgins the ball, and right now the offense is more focused on reducing turnovers than increasing aggression. Hill, meanwhile, might threaten BTN analyst Howard Griffith's NCAA record of eight rushing touchdowns in a game. We love Wyoming boss Craig Bohl's approach to the Border War rivalry and expect him to dominate the series going forward.

ATS pick: Wyoming
Score: Wyoming 49, Colorado State 24
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

If that happens I will donate a month's salary to the CJC
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:Not sure we will make this game - the Misses is not doing too well right now.
Hope she starts feeling better soon, WY.

Pokes win 34-24, Rams mail it in on a disappointing season.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

PokeOLoco wrote:If that happens I will donate a month's salary to the CJC
As will I.
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Drove 7 hours from Lincoln, NE. Brought a friend this time.

Pokes 28
Csu 24
GO POKES!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

44-0
W-Y, Until I Die!
knhendon
Buckaroo

Got a good feeling about today's game.

Last year's game was little rough, embarrassing and Bohl was pissed at McElwain. Mc pulled his starters in the 3rd, the pokes came back, and Mc had to put the starters back in....

Pokes win today.

24-17 Pokes
knhendon
Buckaroo

Maybe that feeling was heartburn.

Glad to see Eddie back in.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Jesus...making this bad team look like Alabama.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Jesus we look awful.....I was really excited hearing all the talk from the team this week. They all said this is their bowl game, I dont think they know what that means.... This is ugly already