• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

24-25 Roster

Wyoming signs sophomore guard AJ Willis from Holy Cross. He was largely a reserve for Holy Cross averaging 15 minutes and 5.5 points a game in the 22 games he played. Seems to add depth and has 3 years of eligibility; it remains to be seen if he is a MWC caliber player.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/5176061/aj-wills

Interesting mix of players. Lots of guys from lower levels who will be seeing a significant increase in competition level coupled with two players who were highly recruited out of high school and played for high major programs but never panned out (Nesbitt and Allen).

Our chances of winning a MWC title next year are close to 0%. Whether we finish middle of conference or toward the bottom will mostly depend on these players ability to mesh together and find a role to fill in the team. Even with that, our ceiling is probably 4th or 5th in the MWC next season.

I just hope we see the energy and effort that Wicks exudes. There were several times last season when the Poke’s effort level was not where it needed to be. Griffin was our best player last year, but it killed me when he would just step aside and allow transition dunks from opposing players. I get that he wasn’t going to come up with some spectacular block, but at least take the foul.

To even put a roster together with where Linder left us is impressive. I was sure we would be basement of the MWC next year; but if these guys can gel, we could be in the 7th place range.

McPeachy said:
WYO1016 said:
And with that the roster is complete.

Good get IMO.

This might be the most impressive signing to me…especially for the time of the year. Former Mr Basketball in Kentucky, part of a top recruiting class at UK, shot 40% from 3 last year for NCAAT Western Kentucky, I expect him to be a major contributor for us like a Drake Jeffries.

TheRealUW said:
. There were several times last season when the Poke’s effort level was not where it needed to be. Griffin was our best player last year, but it killed me when he would just step aside and allow transition dunks from opposing players. I get that he wasn’t going to come up with some spectacular block, but at least take the foul.

You putting your body and pro basketball future on the line for Linder? Can’t say I blame him.

LanderPoke said:
Looks like we have some big, mature bodies. Do we have enough scoring?

I suspect we are going to have to rely on Tainamo to be our go to guy when we need a bucket. If Allen can stay healthy and Nesbitt buys into the program, they can also provide some scoring for us.

One thing is for sure...we aren't going to be an offensive juggernaut. If we hit our ceiling (probably 5th in the conference), that will be because of what we do on the defensive end of the floor. If we can't/won't play defense, then it will be a long season.

Latest posts

Back