SI Coaching Changes: WYO Mention

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... ?mobile=no" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This article mentions Wyoming as a potential opening after the season. Also says that our fan base has unrealistic expectations.

The average Wyoming fan probably expects and would be happy with 7-5, 8-4, or 9-3 every year.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I sent the same thing to him on Twitter.. we're not unrealistic, we'd just like bowl games more than once a decade.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Make sense. Thamel is a stone cold douche.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Thamel must have talked with Burman before he wrote this piece of tripe....according to Tom, below average is good enough for everyone except Wyoming fans.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

The guy didn't say anything we didn't already know or that isn't true.

We know it's a tough job because of the weather, the lack of talent, and BeaverPoke.

:)
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I love this guy Thamel - has he ever even set foot in Wyoming?

Unrealistic fan base?

So we should simply sit back and accept the gross offerings presented and collectively yawn after yet another train wreck season?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'm sure this Thamel has never set foot in Wyoming. It's twerps like him and others like him in the media that are the biggest problem for Wyoming.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unrealistic expectations? Is it unrealistic to expect to compete for championships in a revenue generating sport? Is it unrealistic to expect my contributions to the booster club to be put towards a winning squad? I'm not paying $45/ticket to go hang out at the park on a Saturday afternoon. I'm paying to watch my alma mater whip the hell out of whoever DARES step on Jonah Field that weekend!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

So we are supposed to just accept being poop year in, year out? Is this guy for real?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Is it unrealistic to expect to at least be competitive with the top of the conference?? Especially when we pay our head coach a similar salary!!!

Accepting blowouts to Boise State, Fresno State, CSU and Texas State is BS!!
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

DC #34 below Gary Patterson at #27 give me a break I'd take him any day of the week over DC
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

thirtyseven wrote:http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

DC #34 below Gary Patterson at #27 give me a break I'd take him any day of the week over DC
Oooooohhhhhh! You may be onto something. Patterson for next coach of UW! I am all for it!

Then again, he is making +/- $3,000,000 per year...

Of course, Tom Burman says that Wyoming will "never pay a head coach a million dollars a year".
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Dont understand how we can't get a coach we pay 1.2 million for 7-8 wins constantly... its not too much to ask for. Whether is bull poop too! Minnesota is starting to build a team, NDSU is a great team and their in fargo (i know FCS), weather is a poor excuse...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

gopokes1399 wrote:Dont understand how we can't get a coach we pay 1.2 million for 7-8 wins constantly... its not too much to ask for. Whether is bull poop too! Minnesota is starting to build a team, NDSU is a great team and their in fargo (i know FCS), weather is a poor excuse...
7-8 wins? HAHAHA we pay 1.2 million for 4-6 wins constantly, To be honest any lazy coach that doesn't care could get us that. 2009 6-6 we only beat the poop teams on the schedule and we should have lost to Weber State to start the season. We finished the season barely beating SDSU and CSU. 2011 almost lost to Weber State again, CSU and SDSU close games again.

Since 2002 that is 11 years our best win and most dominating performance against a winning team was in 2006 vs Utah. 11 years of Football and our best win was against the Utes who finished the season 8-5.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote:The guy didn't say anything we didn't already know or that isn't true.

We know it's a tough job because of the weather, the lack of talent, and BeaverPoke.

:)
So we need a WeatherPoke and TalentPoke now? Looking back, i wish i had taken the name TalentPoke.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I'm not changing my name or anything, but I'm a, no-kidding, meteorologist....so the WeatherPoke name would technically fit. hahahaha...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Wyo2dal wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:Dont understand how we can't get a coach we pay 1.2 million for 7-8 wins constantly... its not too much to ask for. Whether is bull poop too! Minnesota is starting to build a team, NDSU is a great team and their in fargo (i know FCS), weather is a poor excuse...
7-8 wins? HAHAHA we pay 1.2 million for 4-6 wins constantly, To be honest any lazy coach that doesn't care could get us that. 2009 6-6 we only beat the poop teams on the schedule and we should have lost to Weber State to start the season. We finished the season barely beating SDSU and CSU. 2011 almost lost to Weber State again, CSU and SDSU close games again.

Since 2002 that is 11 years our best win and most dominating performance against a winning team was in 2006 vs Utah. 11 years of Football and our best win was against the Utes who finished the season 8-5.

I wasn't referring to DC I was saying we are paying a coach 1.2 and are expecting 7-8 wins consistently... I didm't say we were getting 7-8 wins. The article said we as fans are unrealistic... I am saying we aren't cuz we expect 7-8 wins consistently... obviously were not getting these wins....
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

gopokes1399 wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

I wasn't referring to DC I was saying we are paying a coach 1.2 and are expecting 7-8 wins consistently... I didm't say we were getting 7-8 wins. The article said we as fans are unrealistic... I am saying we aren't cuz we expect 7-8 wins consistently... obviously were not getting these wins....
Yes I know and I was sarcastically saying we expect 4-6 wins and have been getting even less.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

kdwrightuwyo wrote:I'm not changing my name or anything, but I'm a, no-kidding, meteorologist....so the WeatherPoke name would technically fit. hahahaha...
You should so do it.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

Andbody ask that assclown what he meant about us having unrealistic expectations?