Tormey Fired

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Chris Tormey has been fired and will be replaced (for now) by DL coach Jamar Cain.

Oh so interesting...
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

Dave Christensen let defensive coordinator Chris Tormey go this Tuesday morning.

http://www.pokepride.com/1/post/2013/10 ... oming.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

And just like that I am back on the DC bandwagon for another season!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Merged everyone into one thread
ImageImageImageImage
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Last ditch effort for DC to save his job.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

HR_Poke wrote:Last ditch effort for DC to save his job.
So? Mack Brown did the same thing, and that turned out pretty well.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Worth a shot, if our defense is worth 2 poop we should be about a 2 loss team
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
It might work. Might not. He needs to win 2 games and we play 3 pretty stout offenses....
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Time to come out rejuvenated on D against Fresno. 2 weeks to prepare. Got to upset Fresno on ESPN. Play spoiler to their BCS run.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

HR_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
It might work. Might not. He needs to win 2 games and we play 3 pretty stout offenses....
Before our Defense started playing real offenses and poop the bed against them, I thought we could manage 2-1 through these three. I still see Utah State as winnable, not predicting a win but we could do it. Fresno, there's always a chance but I'm a lot less optimistic about that one these last couple weeks
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Before our Defense started playing real offenses and poop the bed against them, I thought we could manage 2-1 through these three. I still see Utah State as winnable, not predicting a win but we could do it. Fresno, there's always a chance but I'm a lot less optimistic about that one these last couple weeks
they have 2 weeks to retrain their entire defense. Color me skeptical. Just not seeing that this will make a difference.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

HR_Poke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
they have 2 weeks to retrain their entire defense. Color me skeptical. Just not seeing that this will make a difference.
Yeah I'm not saying we will win, its possible but I wouldn't say I'm confident about it.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Yeah I'm not saying we will win, its possible but I wouldn't say I'm confident about it.
The coaches are off recruiting for half the week too. I just don't see our secondary getting any better. We might blitz more.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

HR_Poke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
The coaches are off recruiting for half the week too. I just don't see our secondary getting any better. We might blitz more.
Which, had we done that last week, we probably would be sitting pretty in our division right now
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Which, had we done that last week, we probably would be sitting pretty in our division right now
Maybe. Worked for a quarter. But the TE's were already killing us and it wouldn't have taken Fales long to us them on a CB or LB blitz.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyokoke wrote:Worth a shot, if our defense is worth 2 poop we should be about a 2 loss team
You understand that despite a few different DC's, our defense under Christensen has always sucked, that he hasn't been able to make half time adjustments on either side of the ball and that special teams coverage has regressed under him, right?

Where, exactly does the buck stop as far as you're concerned? At what point do you hold Christensen accountable for this team?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I wonder who we get to replace him. Hopefully someone that actually knows defense other than "zone defense with 3-4 men rushing attack, ho!" all game long.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote:
wyokoke wrote:Worth a shot, if our defense is worth 2 poop we should be about a 2 loss team
You understand that despite a few different DC's, our defense under Christensen has always sucked, that he hasn't been able to make half time adjustments on either side of the ball and that special teams coverage has regressed under him, right?

Where, exactly does the buck stop as far as you're concerned? At what point do you hold Christensen accountable for this team?
It's almost like you are cheering for us to lose so they can fire DC. Nothing wrong with trying to fight to win out even if he still gets canned at the end of the year. You'd rather he just roll over and forfeit the rest of the games?
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:I wonder who we get to replace him. Hopefully someone that actually knows defense other than "zone defense with 3-4 men rushing attack, ho!" all game long.
Zone defense is killing us when our guys don't have any overlap in their zones. Need to play man coverage for a while I think.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote:

I am one who does hold DC accountable, but it should be pretty obvious at this point that he's here, at least for the rest of the year.