Coach English

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
armchaircoach
Buckaroo

From the Rumor Mill Express--Expect to hear today that Marty English will stay on and will be named the new DC
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

armchaircoach wrote:From the Rumor Mill Express--Expect to hear today that Marty English will stay on and will be named the new DC
Not a rumor any longer...a fact now. He will play the role as "football liason" for the staff, until they gather in Laramie (after Missouri's bowl game presumably). And that is great news, Marty is a great recruiter, and a great coach. IMO, he was the BEST of the Glenn staff hands down.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Does this mean we will be keeping the 3-4? I sure hope so!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wicks wrote:Does this mean we will be keeping the 3-4? I sure hope so!
Wicks, that will ultimately be up to the D Coordinator...............
Dear Karma,

Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
If English is the D-Coordinator I would bet there is a good chance we will keep it as long as the personnel fits the system.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Snowman_55 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
If English is the D-Coordinator I would bet there is a good chance we will keep it as long as the personnel fits the system.
You are smart to read between the lines Snowman. A thought though...maybe it wasn't his choice to run a 3-4, it was Breske's? Maybe Marty would be more comfortable doing something like what he ran at UNC/UW for 15+ years before the switch? We shall see...I do think Marty is good enough, to coach to what fits!
Dear Karma,

Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
You are smart to read between the lines Snowman. A thought though...maybe it wasn't his choice to run a 3-4, it was Breske's? Maybe Marty would be more comfortable doing something like what he ran at UNC/UW for 15+ years before the switch? We shall see...I do think Marty is good enough, to coach to what fits!
Agreed. However I have to give Breske props for realizing that based on personnel and strengths that a 3-4 would work better at the time. I have faith that English will put the D in good positions as well.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Great news, great hire. I'm pleased.
ImageImageImageImage
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

How do we know this is official? From everything I have read DC is coming back after the Big XII title game to interview the current staff.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

thirtyseven wrote:How do we know this is official? From everything I have read DC is coming back after the Big XII title game to interview the current staff.
It is a secret. But everyone thinks they can "keep one". It is official regarding Marty English...you will just have to trust WyoNation and the regular posters on it.
Dear Karma,

zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Does the fact he's the only Wyoming coach walking around with a smile on his face tell you anything? :D