Boise St. Game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

Im not watching the game, only listening, but for as impressed as I was in the first half, I am as disappointed in the second. Boise has taken almost every shot they've taken in the 2nd half so quickly Dave and Kevin haven't even been able to keep up. Our defense sounds horrible. When are we going to recruit hustlers? This team has talent oozing all over the floor, but as has been the case for nearly the last decade... we consistently have no control over turnovers, defense, rebounding, and momentum.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

We lost to a good team on the road in a tough place to play - we haven't won there since back in the 80s. The Pokes are a young team (usually 2 and sometimes 3 freshmen on the floor at the same time) and alot of new faces. We only have 8 scholly players right now - Dermody should get back in January and Thiam (another new face) becomes elgible on Dec 13. There is no doubt we still need to get better on defense, but we are only 6 games into the season and we are 5 - 1 and had a chance to get the win tonight.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

I've been very harsh on Heath, but even though we lost, I'm pretty happy with the game and this team so far. The Pokes from the last 4 season's would have lost by 10 or 15. Boise is not going to be a great team, but they are a good team and Boise is a tough place to play.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:I've been very harsh on Heath, but even though we lost, I'm pretty happy with the game and this team so far. The Pokes from the last 4 season's would have lost by 10 or 15. Boise is not going to be a great team, but they are a good team and Boise is a tough place to play.
Although a "W" would have been great, to lose by one, on a last second shot...means we had the effort to get it done on the road. Nice job Pokes! Keep up the efforts, it will pay off in conference!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Tough loss. Oh well, we just need to keep moving forward. Every single road game we play this year will be just as tough or tougher. We'll get better.
WyNative
Ranch Hand

We gave up a double digit lead and lost in the last second on an inbound play SOUND FAMILIAR.
Stop settling for showing up and being respectable. We shot 21 for 34 FTs 61%. They gave us the game and we couldn't win it. I can’t tell how many were the front end of a 1 and 1. I guess as long as we get beat by a former Cowboy it is alright (BS) Nice job Ike.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sucks to lose to Boise St. Damnit, That was the one out of conference win I really wanted!
I'm good for 3!
Bloodhound
Buckaroo

I was hoping someone on here would have seen the game and tell me what to expect from BSU tonight when we host them in Provo. Too bad you lost to them; they're as arrogant as....well....as arrogant as folks say BYU fans are.

Good luck in Bball this year.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Ike Okoye (he transferred from Wyoming to BSU when McClain left) was a solid post player in the game against us. They also did pretty good shooting the 3s against us. Getting them in Provo will probably make a big difference.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.