If Wyo did drop to the FCS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

For all of you who really believe we should drop to FCS, here is a list of teams that would instantly be better than us.....
Idaho, NM-State, UConn, Memphis, Syracuse, Virginia, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa State, Army, Navy, Old Dominion, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Southern Miss, UTSA, UTEP, Western Michigan, Akron, Kent State....

Well you get my point...anyone who is FBS.

Wyoming doesn't get DC if we are FCS. Wyoming doesn't get ACS. Wyoming doesn't get Burns, Huff, Luke Ruff, Wick, Smith, Alvester Alexander, Purcell, Yarbrough, Rufran...ANYONE.

Wyo just needs to get into some bowl games consistently, and getting into a 3rd in 5 years, then a 4th in 6 with at least a 2-2 (hopefully 3-1) bowl record, then we start getting better recruits.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I could make an argument most of those teams are better than us anyway. And as for your list of players, that isn't exactly a list of NFL all pros. And I couldn't care less if DC never came here. He's just bizzaro world Joe Glenn, all offense and no defense instead of the other way around.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Really? I'm getting sick of revisionist historians telling us how great the Glenn years were and pretending like we didn't get blown out just as often and had plenty of players quit on the coach. Glenn years were my years at UW. 05-09 and we couldn't even get to a poop bowl. I would've killed to have gotten to a poop bowl. You're starting to really piss me off. Head up to Brookings and watch a real FCS winner in front of 13,000 people in a garbage stadium on a garbage campus. I'm from
SD too. Went to both schools, sure as hell wouldn't trade SDSU for WYO but you certainly can, be my guest.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:I could make an argument most of those teams are better than us anyway. And as for your list of players, that isn't exactly a list of NFL all pros. And I couldn't care less if DC never came here. He's just bizzaro world Joe Glenn, all offense and no defense instead of the other way around.
Lol wow....you're so miserable. Go to the BYU or CSU board. No one needs your crap.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:I could make an argument most of those teams are better than us anyway. And as for your list of players, that isn't exactly a list of NFL all pros. And I couldn't care less if DC never came here. He's just bizzaro world Joe Glenn, all offense and no defense instead of the other way around.
Lol wow....you're so miserable. Go to the BYU or CSU board. No one needs your crap.
For ONCE I agree with the Beav.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
YankPoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
+1
castlerocker
Cowpoke

YankPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
+1

He's just sayin it like it is dude!

A lot of those teams are better than us, DC is not an outstanding coach and if that list of players was anything special they would not have assumed the fetal position against CSU or Texas State.

But, if Wyoming drops to FCS I think I would lose interest in the Pokes and college football.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

You just don't get it...we wouldn't ever had ACS (who starts at an SEC school) or Brett Smith.
Or anyone.
We would be a 0-12 team with FCS players.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Wyoming Football hasn't been good since the early 90's we we're a solid program when the BCS didn't exist, Kids weren't forced to choose schools based on money and the conference they we're in. Plain and simple we are nothing but a small school unknown in over 85% of the general population and that is never going to change.

If you're a Wyoming Cowboys fan it's because you live in Wyoming, You we're born into being a Cowboys fan or you went to school in Laramie. I have been a Cowboys fan since I can remember, My first game was in 1987 and my first season as a Cowboys fan was a WAC championship. Not going to lie to you Wyoming football died when Dana Dimel left. sure it was already in a downhill spiral but that really killed it off.

Roach was an amazing coach and Tiller had his up and down years but when Dana Dimel left around the same time that the BCS came about. No one ever talks about Dimel because he never had that signature ( lost to #2 Tennessee ) win but he also had 3 winning seasons for the 3 he was here.

Anyway long winded response, Wyoming football is never going to be a powerhouse.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I would actually like to hear that. Each team. And give facts as to why, not just some emotionally charged bull. You and I could have a nice debate on this one.
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:Wyoming Football hasn't been good since the early 90's we we're a solid program when the BCS didn't exist, Kids weren't forced to choose schools based on money and the conference they we're in. Plain and simple we are nothing but a small school unknown in over 85% of the general population and that is never going to change.

If you're a Wyoming Cowboys fan it's because you live in Wyoming, You we're born into being a Cowboys fan or you went to school in Laramie. I have been a Cowboys fan since I can remember, My first game was in 1987 and my first season as a Cowboys fan was a WAC championship. Not going to lie to you Wyoming football died when Dana Dimel left. sure it was already in a downhill spiral but that really killed it off.

Roach was an amazing coach and Tiller had his up and down years but when Dana Dimel left around the same time that the BCS came about. No one ever talks about Dimel because he never had that signature ( lost to #2 Tennessee ) win but he also had 3 winning seasons for the 3 he was here.

Anyway long winded response, Wyoming football is never going to be a powerhouse.
Lets not also forget that if Bowl eligible was six wins back then Dimels teams would have gone bowling
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Good point, by today's standards, Dimel would be killing it right now. We'd all be hanging from his nutsack
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Any and all FCS talk is straight up poop! There is no polite way to say it other than if you think we need to drop down to FCS, then you're a horrible fan and don't deserve to support the University of Wyoming. Take your stupid opinions and shove them so far up your ass, you'll finally be able to tell how bad of an idea it is by the poop taste in your mouth every time you breathe!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyo2dal wrote:\
I have always spoke highly of Dimel and i still contend he was the best Head coach in recent history. The coaching staff around him was fantastic as well. It was the last time Wyoming had a top notch staff. Dimmel with Manny Matsakes running the triple shoot offense and Koenning running the defense Wyo was a good a team.
I'm good for 3!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cornpoke wrote:
I have always spoke highly of Dimel and i still contend he was the best Head coach in recent history. The coaching staff around him was fantastic as well. It was the last time Wyoming had a top notch staff. Dimmel with Manny Matsakes running the triple shoot offense and Koenning running the defense Wyo was a good a team.
I can sum it all up in one image.

Vic was an amazing DC and proven by his track history it's where he is successful at, But he will never be HC material.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cornpoke wrote:
His recruiting and desire to get the hell out of dodge though, those leave something to be desired.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:
His recruiting and desire to get the hell out of dodge though, those leave something to be desired.
It was obvious Dimel never wanted to stay but the point is he put together a great coaching staff and team so he would be desirable to other teams. His last year he didn't recruit worth a poop but he was planning on leaving anyway. Was it Dimel that recruited Jay Stoner? He was a damn good QB. I know he isn't highly regarded but how many QB's can be successful running 3 different offense in 3 years? He never had a chance.
I'm good for 3!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Really? I'm getting sick of revisionist historians telling us how great the Glenn years were and pretending like we didn't get blown out just as often and had plenty of players quit on the coach. Glenn years were my years at UW. 05-09 and we couldn't even get to a poop bowl. I would've killed to have gotten to a poop bowl. You're starting to really piss me off. Head up to Brookings and watch a real FCS winner in front of 13,000 people in a garbage stadium on a garbage campus. I'm from
SD too. Went to both schools, sure as hell wouldn't trade SDSU for WYO but you certainly can, be my guest.
I never said the Glenn years were great. I said his teams had good defenses and terrible offenses. I think that's pretty accurate. And I'm only saying we should go down in football, not other sports. Remain D1 in wrestling, basketball, track, etc. And don't tell me I'm a "terrible fan" if I think we should move to FCS in football. I'm not the one on here saying I would stop supporting the Pokes if they moved down like many on here are. I'm with them no matter what level they play at. That's more than a lot of you could ever say, from what I'm reading on here.