Boise vs Wyoming Football budget

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Its been a few years since I've done any research on the football budgets/athletic budgets.

From an overall athletics perspective, I remember Boise spending about 3 million more a year than us.

The last I knew, we spent around 7 million on our football budget.

From this article, it appears Boise spends less (this is from memory btw)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ate/1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are we really spending more on football than them?

If we are spending more on football and less on the rest, we really need to figure out where their success is coming from.
roozy
Ranch Hand

It takes a special breed to want to spend 4+ years in Laramie. And there are just a few talented football players that are of that breed.
Jesus First, then football
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

roozy wrote:It takes a special breed to want to spend 4+ years in Laramie. And there are just a few talented football players that are of that breed.
poop. Right now, maybe that's true. But if we can find a few diamonds in the rough, and coach them up (maybe that's not possible with this crew, I don't know anymore), and turn this thing around, players will come.

Players will play where they know they will win and get looks for the next level. That CAN be Laramie. It's not right now unless you're Brett Smith, and we all know that. But it CAN be. We have good facilities, and if we can get some quality wins on the schedule, players will start to take UW seriously.

I just don't buy the fact that weather, night life, etc has a lot to do with recruiting. If it does, we don't want those players anyway. Players will want to go to a consistently winning program that gets them serious looks at the NFL. It's as simple as that.

GO POKES!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I spent quite a bit of time in Boise, and I can tell you, the nightlife and weather there is no better than anywhere else. Hell, if that was the key to recruiting UNLV and SDSU would have their pick of the litter.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

getting playing time and sitting the bench should be enough motivation, Laramie or not
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

CowboyNV wrote:I spent quite a bit of time in Boise, and I can tell you, the nightlife and weather there is no better than anywhere else. Hell, if that was the key to recruiting UNLV and SDSU would have their pick of the litter.
EXACTLY! You'll never get me to buy location. Like Tuscaloosa Alabama is better than Vegas or Hawaii.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

People who pretend Laramie is at no disadvantage to anywhere else really don't know much about other places or they are just in denial.
Look I LOVE Laramie.
I grew up coming to Laramie for games when I was young I think it is awesome. When I was in high school if I could have played college football ANYWHERE it would be Wyoming.
But I am without a doubt in the EXTREME minority.

Most of the recruits are city kids it seems like. If we want to get the hard nose "small town" kids, we have to recruit out of Texas. Get players like Wacha. Not Kody Sutton.

And as for Smith, Thompson, and ACS, they only came here because of Dave Christensen.
DC will get the QB he needs ANYWHERE, because kids know about DC and his success at Mizzou. Then they will heard about Brett Smith.

But we need big nasty O-Lineman. Nebraska style. How can we not find some big ranch kids from Wyo, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, South and North Dakota?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.