Dave is....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

....rubbing Troy's nose in it like he'll never have to face him again.

hmmmm...................................................................

I hope it's not the case

Peace
roozy
Ranch Hand

actually he went conservative for a 3 and out until AFA scored again
Jesus First, then football
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Piss poor second half. I wanted them to run it up to 70. And they could have done it. I've seen teams on the losing end sort of give up, but not very often those on the winning side.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

We definitely let up in the second half...
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

This thread cracks me up. We win 56-23 at AFA and within the first 3 posts of this thread DC is criticized for running up the score and then by another poster for not running up the score. Talk about a tough crowd.

I am not DC's biggest fan, but he had his team well prepared tonight. I don't think he ran up the score(maybe the trick play, but there was a lot of time left at that point), and I think part of the 2nd half slowdown was the players themselves. Hard to keep full intensity in that kind of blowout.

It doesn't matter for future meetings. DC and Calhoun clearly dislike each other and I expect AFA's best shot every year.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

NowherePoke wrote:This thread cracks me up. We win 56-23 at AFA and within the first 3 posts of this thread DC is criticized for running up the score and then by another poster for not running up the score. Talk about a tough crowd.

I am not DC's biggest fan, but he had his team well prepared tonight. I don't think he ran up the score(maybe the trick play, but there was a lot of time left at that point), and I think part of the 2nd half slowdown was the players themselves. Hard to keep full intensity in that kind of blowout.

It doesn't matter for future meetings. DC and Calhoun clearly dislike each other and I expect AFA's best shot every year.
I don't think the trick play was there to run up the score at all. We had not been stopped a single time at that point - aside from the fumble. We could've kept it simple and kept the ball moving instead. It was probably just trying something out in a game situation.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

jcintherock wrote:....rubbing Troy's nose in it like he'll never have to face him again.

I hope it's not the case

Peace
Christ. I appreciate that you do (at times) bring good inside information to the board, but this insinuation is ridiculous.

Enjoy the victory, enjoy the throttling, and leave it at that. 3 & 1 does not equal a MWC championship.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

jcintherock wrote:....rubbing Troy's nose in it like he'll never have to face him again.

I hope it's not the case

Peace
Maybe cuz Troy might not have a job after this season?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Piss poor second half. I wanted them to run it up to 70. And they could have done it. I've seen teams on the losing end sort of give up, but not very often those on the winning side.
We beat Air Force by the largest margin compared to any Wyoming team ever. Nothing to bitch about in my book.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Yeah Calhoun is much more likely to get fired than DC leaving for a BCS team.
Unless USC or Texas come calling this off season, DC is not leaving.
And I doubt he goes to either one this year.
The years we have to worry about DC leaving for a BCS school is after Smith graduates, then after Thompson graduates. Then hopefully after Cade Smith graduates.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Mcpeach, I am with you on appreciating JCintheRocks opinions and enjoy his posts. He seems to be in the know with UW athletics (he was right on with his opinion of the schroyer hire). I also agree we should be enjoying our current success and not having the fear of a coach leaving (this seems to be an unreasonable phobia of UW fans).

However, like all of us he isn't perfect with his observations and insights. In example here is his opinion of Super hero Brett Smith.
...will he be a 4 year starter???? My money says HELL NO!!!!. In actuality he will be lucky to be a two year starter. Let me esplane. After going back and watching the replay of games played, I believe that there is no more upside for this kid. There is a severe lack of arm strength and accuracy for...
Mistakes happen, and we should always question information and judgments in college athletics.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

As long as this can be found on the internet of DC last year after the Air Force game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NTPPoltKXo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and DC's record is under 500 and he does not have a signature win he is not going anywhere.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I believe we won that game at the right margin. Any more, and we would have been just rubbing it in. If we pulled our starters out early, they won't know how to finish a game.

Dave did the right thing - go out, score hard, and back off when the game is won and AFA has no possibility of coming back. Our guys got some additional stats.

I don't think Troy Calhoun will have problems with his job anytime soon:

2007: 9-4
2008: 8-5
2009: 8-5
2010: 9-4
2011: 7-6
2012: 6-7

He's a strange dude - but he still has a few years before he worries about his job.

Go Pokes!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Odd numbered years are really fun to watch...lol....I can't see DC leaving after this year, he'd want to coach a stud QB break every single UW QB and offensive record ever held. Plus Brett has circled Sept. 6, 2014 on his calendar he wants to beat them Ducks big time
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

I remember that statement very well.......with his hand injury hidden nicely by DC. Given the fact that his fastball topped out at 62 mph during the latter part of the season; I would say it again with the available evidence.

Now, he's in my top 5 of all-time Poke performers.

Bouknight
Hardemann
Smith
Donahue
Moore