USA Today provides Brett Smith & UW motivation

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

http://therotation.sportsonearthblog.co ... tain-west/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 10 Best Players in the Mountain West

1. David Fales, QB, San Jose State
2. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
3. Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State
4. Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
5. Noel Grigsby, WR, San Jose State
6. Cody Fajardo, QB, Nevada
7. Chuckie Keeton, QB, Utah State
8. Bene Benwikere, CB, San Jose State
9. Derron Smith, S, Fresno State
10. Adam Muema, RB, San Diego State
WHAT? NO BRETT SMITH?

Both Colorado State and Wyoming finished 4-8 last season, and both have a ceiling of about six wins this year.
6 IS THE BEST WE CAN DO? AND THEY LUMP US IN WITH THE RAMS?

Projected Standings

MOUNTAIN
1. Boise State (10-2, 8-0)
2. Utah State (8-4, 6-2)
3. Colorado State (6-6, 4-4) WTF WAS THIS WRITTEN BY A RAM? 4 STRAIGHT SOON TO BE 5!
4. Air Force (5-7, 3-5)
5. Wyoming (5-7, 2-6)
6. New Mexico (4-8, 1-7)

WEST
1. San Diego State (8-4, 6-2)
2. Fresno State (10-2, 6-2)
3. Nevada (6-6, 5-3)
4. San Jose State (7-5, 5-3)
5. UNLV (3-9, 1-7)
6. Hawaii (2-10, 1-7)

USA Today gives Brett Smith & the entire UW team some bulletin board material and added motivation while simultaneously displaying their ignorance.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

This uhh...really pisses me off.
B-Smith will win MWC POY
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

it appears it was written by an east coast douche... but USAT linked it... So it's not like it is anything with any real thought or knowledge behind it. Makes for good bulletin board material.

Go get em Pokes!
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:This uhh...really pisses me off.
B-Smith will win MWC POY
I would put money on that... I think he has just as good a chance as anyone in a League full of good players. If we have the season I think we will, he will for sure be deserving. I think he is going to shred the MWC this year.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LOL 2 SJSU players.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:This uhh...really pisses me off.
B-Smith will win MWC POY
I hope so too, cuz the way everyone is in love with Carr, if Smith wins it it means he's putting up some monster numbers and winning a lot of games.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Until we prove it, I'm not gonna bitch about what USA Today has to say. I think only winning only 4 games last year is motivation enough.

All those players on that list were on Bowl teams last year (SJSU won their bowl, btw. We have no room to mock them or the players on their list yet).
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I can understand not giving Wyoming any love. We haven't excelled on the field for some time, but either has CSU. I cant comprehend how CSU and on some sites Hawaii are getting more love than Wyoming. We just have to do work on the field to gain respect.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Until we prove it, I'm not gonna bitch about what USA Today has to say. I think only winning only 4 games last year is motivation enough.

All those players on that list were on Bowl teams last year (SJSU won their bowl, btw. We have no room to mock them or the players on their list yet).
+1 I agree.

I find it rather funny and amusing that people get so bent out of shape over what some media write. Who cares? Wyoming can go out and either prove them wrong on the field or they can prove them right. Guess we will see.

I don't believe much in bulletin board material from the media anyways. It is one thing if a player or coach on your opponent is talking but something some media guy/gal writes isn't that big of deal. Honestly if they aren't motivated to play better than 4-8 football then they shouldn't be playing.

Let's hope they surprise all of us this year and we have one of those crazy seasons and finish 10-2 and win a bowl game. :thumb:

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
The Virginian
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote: Let's hope they surprise all of us this year and we have one of those crazy seasons and finish 10-2 and win a bowl game. :thumb:
Bowl Game? I could care less about getting just a bowl game. Win the MWC Championship game and a bowl game is just icing on the cake.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:Bowl Game? I could care less about getting just a bowl game. Win the MWC Championship game and a bowl game is just icing on the cake.
Hope is alive for one more week. :cool: Then reality sets in.....all a part of the college football experience.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
The Virginian wrote:Bowl Game? I could care less about getting just a bowl game. Win the MWC Championship game and a bowl game is just icing on the cake.
Hope is alive for one more week. :cool: Then reality sets in.....all a part of the college football experience.
What if Wyo wins J-Rod? Do we still have hope we are good and Nebraska isn't garbage? Or does reality set in that Wyo has a chance to go undefeated? lol
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: What if Wyo wins J-Rod? Do we still have hope we are good and Nebraska isn't garbage? Or does reality set in that Wyo has a chance to go undefeated? lol
Like I said BP....one more week. :cool:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

stay healthy Brett, sure hope he doesn't test the NFL market after this year if he does have a great Junior year, but I can't blame him!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:stay healthy Brett, sure hope he doesn't test the NFL market after this year if he does have a great Junior year, but I can't blame him!!!
He won't. He is only half way into his UW career, not 2/3.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

stymeman wrote:stay healthy Brett, sure hope he doesn't test the NFL market after this year if he does have a great Junior year, but I can't blame him!!!
I love Brett as much as anyone, but in order for him to even draw enough interest to consider the NFL he is going to have to win 10+ games and throw for 5,000+ yards and 40+ TDs this year. There is just no way he will get enough buzz to be anything higher than a 4th round or later pick...after his senior year however...