Favorite Wyoming games?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

List of favorite Wyo games...

Favorite home game you have been to?
Favorite road game you have been to?
Favorite game you have seen on TV?
Favorite game you listened to on the radio? (The Score! Oh, the score!)
Overall favorite?

My favorite home game was BYU @ Wyo in 2003. Wyo went up 13-0 in the 2nd quarter and held off BYU the rest of the game and a late pick on BYU's final drive sealed the win for Wyo. I was a kid and it was an amazing win to see.
Favorite road game was the Halloween Blackout game in SLC in 2009, unfortunately Wyo lost.
Favorite game I saw on TV was the 2004 Las Vegas Bowl against UCLA.
Favorite game that I listened to was the 2004 game against UNLV in Vegas that went to triple overtime.
Favorite overall game has to be the 2004 Vegas Bowl. I thought Wyo scored too early and left UCLA enough time to score and come back. What a freakin' game!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Favorite home game you have been to? San Diego State @ Wyoming, 1990 (52-51, UW)
Favorite road game you have been to? Wyo @ Texas Tech (1992, even though we lost it was a fun trip)
Favorite game you have seen on TV? BYU @ Wyoming (1988, 24-14, UW) the score was misleading since we kicked their asses!!!!
Favorite game you listened to on the radio? (The Score! Oh, the score!) UTEP @ Wyoming (1988; 51-6 for the WAC Title)
Overall favorite? Hawaii @ WYOMING (1996, 66-0, UW) I drive my buddies in Hawaii insane about this one. A very close 2nd: BYU @ Wyoming, 1988

Favorite game I couldn't see on T.V or in person but wanted to? Okie State @ Wyo (1995, 45-25, UW) it was on ESPN2 and at the time I didn't get ESPN2 on my cable T.V. while in college in Ada, Oklahoma. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Man I wish I could have seen some of those games. I've heard many stories about how awesome they were.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

there's so many!!!!

Fave game i've been too....UW-SDSU win 17-6 Nov 7, 1992, when we shut down Marshall Faulk and stormed the field, chanting Yarbourgh for Heisman
Favorite Roadie... UW-UNLV Nov 6, 2004 triple OT 53-45, what a game and it's Vegas baby
Favorite game on TV...the infamous roundup UW on the Sheep's field when we beeet them or the Vegas bowl win
Game on radio.....when we went down to ABQ in 1987 and destroyed the Lobos to win the conference champ, I knew then i wanted to be a Pokes fan and go to school there.
Overall fave: my 1st true game...after a Biology lab, the night game against BYU when we won 24-14, what a start to my UW career.

Again there are so many but as I've taken care (or lack thereof) so many brain cells they start running together....but I do have the memories.
GO POKES...looking forward to the Nebraska game in 3 weeks!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

When we beat BYU in Joe Glenn's first year. We had 3 solid years of suck under Vic Koenning. After the game, fans were tearing down the goal posts...it even brought a tear to my eye. Finally we are on our way back.......boy was I wrong.

But that win was sweet considering.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Favorite home game: I was in my teens, musta been around 95-96... not sure, but it was the game ryan christopherson ran for like 240. Harris on the team. I just remember thinking... why is everybody trying to tackle christopherson up high; he just pummeled people.
favorite away game: This was epic... the boarder war fog bowl in fort Collins. they had that receiver Dallas somebody. watching the players run through the fog, the chill in the air. the snow balls! and we won on a last minute drive. great game!
tv game: the new mexico bowl against Fresno... I was deployed to Kandahar, my best friend in the army was from Fresno... it aired at like 600 in the morning over there. My 1sg was a football fan... so he said the tv could be utilized to watch any bowls. Everybody else did work, we watched the game. And I got really stupid in overtime! my coworkers had to listen to me sing ragtime cowboy with the team after the game. my friend couldn't believe we had that goalline stand. he was a broken man after that.
game on radio: Wyoming vrs Tennessee
overall game: I was also at the game where Yarborough caught that pass in the endzone and crunched into the back fence with all the snow. Ryan Yarborough was the reason I became such an avid fan.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

BeaverPoke wrote:List of favorite Wyo games...

Favorite home game you have been to?
Favorite road game you have been to?
Favorite game you have seen on TV?
Favorite game you listened to on the radio? (The Score! Oh, the score!)
Overall favorite?
Good Thread Beav...

Favorite Home: September 1st, 1988. The first ever night game at the WAR vs. bWHYu. WYO 24 - bWHYu 14. Thank you Randy Welniak!

Favorite Roadie: November 8th, 2008. UW vs. Tennessee. Tennessee homecoming, Neyland Stadium, close to 100K in attendance. WYO 13 - Tennessee 7. Thank you Ward Dobbs & Mike Neuhaus!

Favorite TV Game: December 23rd, 2004. Yep, couldn't make it, donated my tickets. Damnit. Las Vegas Bowl, WYO 24 - UCLA 21. Thank you Jovon Bouknight!

Overall Favorite: I have a bunch. September 25, 2005 at Oxford Mississippi - a great UW win in front of a bunch of douchey Ole Miss fans (despite what anyone says). October 2nd, 1976 vs. ASU - another great UW win, one of my first - most memorable games at the War. WAC championship game vs. UTEP November 5th, 1988 for the WAC championship (and second consecutive undefeated season in conference). And a plethora of games vs. CSU of course - the 1988 game was an absolute blast.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Favorite home game: WAC Championship vs UTEP, Ole Miss, many BYU and CSU games

Favorite away game: 1987 at Air Force. Great comeback win for the ranked Pokes

Favorite game on TV: Vegas Bowl against UCLA. Would have said the 1996 WAC Championship game, but we lost.

Favorite game on radio: Too many to count. I could pick up Dave and Kevin as far away as Nevada. Would sit in my car and listen to games all the time as a kid.

Go Pokes!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Favorite Home Game- vs. BYU 1988 under the lights...

Favorite Away Game-at AFA in 1988. One of the greatest football games ever played.

Favorite neutral site game- 2004 Las Vegas Bowl. The looks on the smarmy, smug, sh-t-talking UCLA fans just in front of me was priceless, especially since they were the only UCLA fans in the vicinity, two rows up from Wyoming's bench right on the 50.

Overall favorite was the '88 AFA game though. That was just amazing football.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Favorite home game you have been to? Arizona State in 1972 - a classic
Favorite road game you have been to? Tennessee game in 2008
Favorite game you have seen on TV? Las Vegas Bowl in 2004 - Beating UCLA!
Favorite game you listened to on the radio? (The Score! Oh, the score!) Listening to Larry Birleffi call any game as a kid.
Overall favorite? Tennessee game in 2008. Such an amazing thing to be among 105,000 disappointed fans...and survive.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:Favorite Home Game- vs. BYU 1988 under the lights...

Favorite Away Game-at AFA in 1988. One of the greatest football games ever played.

Favorite neutral site game- 2004 Las Vegas Bowl. The looks on the smarmy, smug, sh-t-talking UCLA fans just in front of me was priceless, especially since they were the only UCLA fans in the vicinity, two rows up from Wyoming's bench right on the 50.

Overall favorite was the '88 AFA game though. That was just amazing football.
The AFA game was awesome. I put it down as being in 1987, but that is beside the point. My buddies brother was stationed at Fort Carson after West Point. We started tailgaiting EARLY. Everyone was poop before they put us on the local radio. A friend of mine and a cadet traded outfits...and my buddy tried to walk in before they noticed his hair was too long. Walking into the stadium, I was knocked down by the flyovers. They dropped their tails in the stadium and blew the doors off the place. Then the game and the great 4th quarter comeback. Best game ever.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

can't forget when the fan snuck into Hughes Stadium and with roundup burned UW in the field...lol