After talkin to some Husker fans.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

They say there is no way Wyoming will be able to pass the ball on them...
And Wyo needs to force 8 turnovers to stay in the game.

Lol...
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LOL 8 turnovers? Don't know about that.

They are lucky they have massive advantages in the trenches....or Smith would definitely pick them apart.

But hey....its still silly season. Everyone is confident. I was reading the Idaho board the other day, and they're convinced they'll beat Wyoming and get their next "grand era" started. Everyone's confident in July.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Rod wrote:LOL 8 turnovers? Don't know about that.

They are lucky they have massive advantages in the trenches....or Smith would definitely pick them apart.

But hey....its still silly season. Everyone is confident. I was reading the Idaho board the other day, and they're convinced they'll beat Wyoming and get their next "grand era" started. Everyone's confident in July.
That's about as likely as me marrying a busty Playboy Playmate anytime soon. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

No poop he said 8 turnovers. And that wasn't even that Wyo will win, but will be IN IT at the end.

I do not understand how some fan bases are so full of themselves. Lol, Nebraska fans have no respect for Wyo it seems.
They were even talking about how they were the best offense in the Big 10. Forgetting that Wisconsin dropped 70 on them. And the fact that Urban Meyer has a great QB @ tOSU.

I hope the first play of the game Smith throws a 75 yard TD to Herron.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That's funny though....I seriously want to know if Wyoming's ever forced 8 turnovers.....5 is considered a ton.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:That's funny though....I seriously want to know if Wyoming's ever forced 8 turnovers.....5 is considered a ton.
If Wyo forces 8 turnovers, Wyo is going to blow Nebraska out. Something like 49-10.
Ooooh even better, Wyo can score right away, go up 7-0. Then get 8 straight pick-6's. All in the first quarter. And be up 63-0 at the end of the first. Then to save Smith from any unnecessary revenge hits later in the game, Colby Kirkgaard comes in and throws for 400 yards and 7 TDs as Wyo re-sets the most points in a game record. Final score in Lincoln: 112-0.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I woke up and did my daily reading of the Wyonation Forum. Beav...I literally Lol'd at that and woke up my smokin hot wife. Thanks for that. Hahahah go Pokes.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:They say there is no way Wyoming will be able to pass the ball on them...
And Wyo needs to force 8 turnovers to stay in the game.

Lol...
First of all, never converse with Husker fans (either in-person or online). The mere association has the potential to lower your IQ several notches.

Second of all, they should be extremely confident. They kicked our ass in our own stadium at 7200 feet. Why would it be any different in Lincoln? Respect is earned and consistent losing (including FCS schools in a new low even for us) does not earn respect in College Football.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Do i detect a bit of nervousness, 8 to's WOW, 1st game of the year for both teams, there's going to be a year that our Pokes get one done, why not this year!!! 1994 all over again and this time we get it done... Can't wait to make this roadie!!! should be fun
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

NowherePoke wrote:First of all, never converse with Husker fans (either in-person or online). The mere association has the potential to lower your IQ several notches.

Second of all, they should be extremely confident. They kicked our ass in our own stadium at 7200 feet. Why would it be any different in Lincoln? Respect is earned and consistent losing (including FCS schools in a new low even for us) does not earn respect in College Football.
Agree on all accounts. Wyoming football is in such a hole...and has been since the mid-90's. We are about as feared as a stuffed animal. Makes me appreciate that much more, all the games I attended in the late 80's - early 90's.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

After talking with them their version of "J-Rod" who comes in and brings realistic talk to the board showed up. He said he would be surprised if Wyo DIDN'T pass the ball on them a lot. He understands what coach DC does. He ended all their talk about Nebraska having the best offense in the Big10, and pointed out that they commit a lot of turnovers and that is what is holding them back from being elite.

If they turn the ball over a lot, Wyo has a chance.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoming will be able to pass the ball on them and score some points. The problem is their offense is every bit as potent as Wyoming's is and our defense is a lot worse than Nebraska's so I can see them putting up no less than 49 points on us and possibly in the mid 50's.

I would love nothing more than for Wyoming to go into Lincoln like it was 1994 again and have a chance to win but I just don't see it unless there has been a miracle done with the defense.

I do think Wyoming will get at least into the mid 20's against them. Nebraska does have some new faces on defense this year but the one bright spot they have is everyone in their secondary returns. The place where they could possibly be weak to start the year would be against the run but if Wyoming's running game is like last year then we pose no threat. I think it will be a high scoring game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

I think Nebraska's offense will be darned good. Beck is a great play caller, and they will have us guessing.

In terms of their defense, from what I hear (from family and friends in Lincoln and Omaha), they don't have a clue what they will see this year. IF you watch the Ohio State and Wisky games, having any returning players may not be a good thing. This said, none of us know what our line will look like...so we shall see.

I don't know that we will win, but I don't think that we get smoked as bad as the Chucker fans think we will. First games are notoriously rough for the favorite (see our recent experiences with the likes of Weber State). The reason is that depth is not a factor yet - you have the full arsenal at your disposal and you aren't reliant on second and third stringers, which is where the real drop-off occurs with the D-1 "haves and have nots" and especially between D-1 and D-2 schools. Offenses sputter where they shouldn't. Defenses have inexplicable lapses. Everyone is fresh. Schemes matter - and so does trickery and luck.

I will say, if Nebraska has 8 turnovers, we win.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I want to be upset about the arrogance of Husker fans, but if you look at our message board and the way we talk about Idaho, Texas State, Weber, CAL POLY, etc....we sound exactly the same way.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote:I want to be upset about the arrogance of Husker fans, but if you look at our message board and the way we talk about Idaho, Texas State, Weber, CAL POLY, etc....we sound exactly the same way.
That is a very good point.

But... those teams don't have Brett Smith.