Border War

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

So what do we expect to see on Saturday? Do the Pokes come out fired up, to retrieve the boot, smash their rival, send their coach out on a win? Or have they packed it in alread; just come out and go through the motions? I honestly dont know. And the fact that we MIGHT see a Poke team not give its all in the Border War really pisses me off!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

It looks like CSU has a very strong runner. They have a great incentive (a bowl) to win. Things are going to be tought for the Pokes. Since there is so little hope for winning I would like to see them give the ball to Moore every play so he can move into the #1 all-time Wyoming rushing spot. And, this would make for a more entertaining game to watch.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

Gartrell Johnson has had a great year. I remember seeing him 2 years ago and thinking he was really tentative and not a very aggressive runner. But he has really improved. While Kyle Bell has struggled a bit; the injuries really took their toll on him. Normally I'd say that the Poke defense would be up to the challenge. But i'm not sure now.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12 wrote:It looks like CSU has a very strong runner. They have a great incentive (a bowl) to win. Things are going to be tought for the Pokes. Since there is so little hope for winning I would like to see them give the ball to Moore every play so he can move into the #1 all-time Wyoming rushing spot. And, this would make for a more entertaining game to watch.
Its senior day and the border war, so I don't see this as a game with "so little hope for winning". It very rarely matters how poop one or the other of these teams are when it comes to this game. As for D-Mo I agree he should get his looks and every chance to break the Wyoming rushing record. However I want to see us try to win first and go for records second. I think the bigger issue is whether or not the coaches have packed it in. If Bob Cole pulls his head out of his ass and calls an aggresive game plan we can win this game. This is the Pokes Bowl game, so hopefully they come out and play like it and keep the Sheep at home this post season too!
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

I agree Snowman, it really comes down to whether the coaches are going to do everything they can to win this. Will Glenn pull out all the stops; show the half-back pass; some play action; will the defense blitz; can the offense show some creativity on 3rd and long? If the coaches really want to win, the players will respond both in practice this week, and on game day. But its hard to imagine whats going through Glenn's head right now.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

I haven't seen the players pack-it-in for any game yet. I'd like to see a win for these seniors and Glenn to go out on.

--And NO half-back passes or any other garbage Cole has tried. Line up, coach smart, play smart.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:I haven't seen the players pack-it-in for any game yet. I'd like to see a win for these seniors and Glenn to go out on.

--And NO half-back passes or any other garbage Cole has tried. Line up, coach smart, play smart.
CSU isn't that good guys. Plus, we get them at home. I don't care if they are playing for a bowl, our seniors will be up for the challenge and take home the boot. Plus, CSU sucks...even more so on the road.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:I haven't seen the players pack-it-in for any game yet. I'd like to see a win for these seniors and Glenn to go out on.

CSU isn't that good guys. Plus, we get them at home. I don't care if they are playing for a bowl, our seniors will be up for the challenge and take home the boot. Plus, CSU sucks...even more so on the road.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

And most importantly you can't spell CockSUcker withouth CSU!
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

If you can't get up for the Border War, you shouldn't be a Cowboy. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

how many yards does D Mo need to be #1
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I will certainly be there!

Unfortunately, I don't see us bringing home the Boot. CSU has much more speed than us on both sides of the ball. I don't think we win the line of scrimmage either. I sat down with D-Mo in class today and asked about the game plan for Saturday; sounds like they are going to run & run & run & run. They really need to pick up those 3rd downs to keep drives going, that's how our offense has got to work- Control the game, time of possession, no turnovers!

We might even run up the score and win this one 14-10! But that would be very unclassy of Glenn to win one by that much..
I'm good for 3!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

wyopokesfan23 wrote:how many yards does D Mo need to be #1
I think 118 yards will do it.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote:
I think 118 yards will do it.

He only needed 110 yards before the unlv game. I forget how many he got against them but he shouldn't need too many more to break the record.

I'm talking career not season.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

He only needs 20
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

D MO has 1225 Net yards so far this year. I have some real good photos of him running the ball - now if I could just figure out how to get a couple of them on here.

MOORE, Devin 11 231 1256 31 1225 5.3 7 64 111.4
SELDON, Wynel 11 126 574 44 530 4.2 2 21 48.2
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WYO Bandit
Buckaroo

I would be VERY suprised to see the Pokes not going balls out for this game. I expect some great intensity on both sides of the ball, with a lot of hard hits. Should be an entertaining, hard fought game. This team isn't going to disappoint the seniors and coaches by rolling over and playing dead.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

I have no question that the Pokes will come out and play hard at the beginning. I guess the question I have is will they play hard until the final cannon, and more importantly, do they have the skill, the drive, the execution to ACTUALLY WIN the game? We'll see. I don't want to hear a bunch of talk about effort and emotion. I want to see a win.
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Kick his sister in the mouth! :lol:
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:D MO has 1225 Net yards so far this year. I have some real good photos of him running the ball - now if I could just figure out how to get a couple of them on here.

MOORE, Devin 11 231 1256 31 1225 5.3 7 64 111.4
SELDON, Wynel 11 126 574 44 530 4.2 2 21 48.2
Upload those photos through a image host, like Photobucket or ImageShack. Then use the urls(Web Addresses) they provide to post them on here, or use the images url like this.

Code: Select all

[img]www.imagephoto.com/example.png[/img]
Hope that helps

Now....on the topic...

I hope the Pokes come out with pride, not motivated by the soon to be fired coaches, but by themselves. There is an opportunity for good this game, Pokes football may not be at its best right now but I think all Cowboy fans would like to go into this off-season knowing the Bronze Boot is in Laramie and they knocked the Rams out of bowl contention, I mean come on, if your a fan there has to be a great satisfaction in that!

I'm pulling for the Pokes to make one last stand in the Glenn era before things turn for the better(At least I hope)

Colorado State - 10
Wyoming - 13

Final OT