UNLV GAME THREAD/SCORE PREDICTIONS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

WyomingAg wrote:Terrible decision to use the timeout trying to ice the kicker with a minute left in the half. We could have used that on our drive to maybe get in field goal range.

I totally agree. But right now I am just happy that they tried to do a 2 minute offense instead of like last game where they simply tried to run the ball. That is an improvement. But, the offense needs to get their poop together. This, so far, is a very winable game.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Absolutly, the poor tackling is making me cringe. When I see that, I think "you guys deserve to loose", but of course, I want a win. And, there just dosen't seem to be a spark in the team. It just looks like most of them are going through the motions? Lack of a crowd perhaps?
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Could be that they are spent emotionally from the Tennssee game. Glenn went off on Stutz when they missed the fourth down conversion. Maybe he will get them fired up at half time. I certainly hope so.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Cowboys come out of halftime with a quick strike, Stutzreim to Johnson. 14-9, Cowboys.
ImageImageImageImage
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Where in the HELL has this offense been all year? And I dont want to hear any poop over the QB controversy. If Sween was given these options and able to set up the play action pass like that, then we would be in a whole different position. Stutz is doing great. But why the hell didnt Cole call this kind of offense at the begining of the year? (I honestly doubt that Crum(my) could run this offense no matter what)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

UNLV driving.. on the 1 yard line trying to score. Defense has held so far, end of the 3rd quarter.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Touchdown UNLV, failed 2 pt conversion. 15-14, UNLV.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Tipped pass results in a Stutzreim INT.
UNLV now driving.
Penalties and poor tackling are definitely hurting the Cowboys.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Touchdown UNLV.
14-22, mid-4th.
ImageImageImageImage
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

poop. There went the play calling. WTF is Cole doing? So he threw an INT. He was beating them by throwing. Freakin UNLV loaded the box with 8 or 9. End result: PUNT
LitPoke
Buckaroo

Let's see if we can make one unique call on this drive to try to move the ball. I am soooo tired of watching this incredibly predictable play calling. Let's go Pokes! Move it down the field and put it in the end zone!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Great tip-toe catch by Bolling. Instant replay, don't fail us!!
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

....and a tipped pass in the endzone results in another Stutzriem INT.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Pokes are -21 in turnovers this season. -2 tonight. Very telling.
ImageImageImageImage
LitPoke
Buckaroo

Turnovers killing us again. Last week, we win the turnover battle, and we win the game. This week, we're once again on the wrong side, and we're staring a loss in the face. PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!
LitPoke
Buckaroo

Another turnover, and that's ballgame. Different song, same freakin' chorus...
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

OK. I WAS SOOOOOOOOO WRONG. THIS TEAM HAS CASHED IT IN. SHOOOT CRAP DAM. Well, hell. Trying to do to much with to little talent. No bowl game. Was certainly hoping for a bowl game for the players. Guess we wont have to worry about that. On a positive note, a coaching change is coming in 10 days.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

On bright side, Glenn will be gone after the CSU game in 9 days.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Well, I think we've seen the clock run out on the Glenn era. Too bad, he is a great guy. But he just couldnt get it done. I hope we can get a win over the sheep, get the boot back, salvage something from the season, and send Joe out with a win. What a disappointment!
LitPoke
Buckaroo

I feel bad for guys like Ward Dobbs and Devin Moore. Would have like to have seen them finish their careers on a better note. Hopefully they will at least bring home the Boot. I will never root against the Pokes, but part of me really wanted to see a change. I wish Joe would have worked out, as he's a great ambassador for the state, but his ability to instill an offense (and a competent offensive coordinator), as well as his loyalty to his staff, will prove to be his downfall.