Boise Staying In Conference

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... erence-all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Well, aside from bigheaded fans, it IS a good thing for the MWC.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Although I am not excited about their fans, I am glad they are staying. I think UW will be much more competitive next year and should be able to humble BSU. But, they are good for the conference.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

one-smooth-poke wrote:I think UW will be much more competitive next year and should be able to humble BSU.
Here we go again.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:I think UW will be much more competitive next year and should be able to humble BSU.
Here we go again.
So J-Rod, you posted in a different post that BSU gets to keep their television rights at home games. Mind sharing a link with that? Also, they are paying a $5 Million exit fee. Where did you come up with 10 Million?

And yes, I think we will be a much better team next year and I think that BSU will lose some starters and will not be nearly as good.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

one-smooth-poke wrote: So J-Rod, you posted in a different post that BSU gets to keep their television rights at home games. Mind sharing a link with that? Also, they are paying a $5 Million exit fee. Where did you come up with 10 Million?

And yes, I think we will be a much better team next year and I think that BSU will lose some starters and will not be nearly as good.
You're right......seems like there are a lot of conflicting reports on BSU's home T.V. deals.

https://twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP/statu ... 3625017344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/TheMWC/status/285863355758039041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I'm sorry, but didn't we just use up the "BSU will lose some starters" excuse and Wyo still got whacked in Laramie? Essentially every good player outside of DT Atkinson returns for BSU. And any "Wyo will be much better in 2013" post is purely speculative homerism.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

J-Rod wrote:And I'm sorry, but didn't we just use up the "BSU will lose some starters" excuse and Wyo still got whacked in Laramie? Essentially every good player outside of DT Atkinson returns for BSU. And any "Wyo will be much better in 2013" post is purely speculative homerism.
In Wyoming's defense, eventually we will beat Boise. Law of averages requires it. For some like Navy-Notre Dame it took, what, 43 tries in a row (1964-2006) but the Midshipmen did finally beat Notre Dame in 2007. And when it does happen, I'll drive a good friend who roots for them completely insane!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm not arguing here.....just pointing out that the cycle continues. I joked weeks ago that despite a poor 2012 season for Wyoming, it won't be long before someone busts out the delusions of grandeur again.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote: So J-Rod, you posted in a different post that BSU gets to keep their television rights at home games. Mind sharing a link with that? Also, they are paying a $5 Million exit fee. Where did you come up with 10 Million?

You're right......seems like there are a lot of conflicting reports on BSU's home T.V. deals.

https://twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP/statu ... 3625017344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/TheMWC/status/285863355758039041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I'm sorry, but didn't we just use up the "BSU will lose some starters" excuse and Wyo still got whacked in Laramie? Essentially every good player outside of DT Atkinson returns for BSU. And any "Wyo will be much better in 2013" post is purely speculative homerism.

I don't know about the much better part of it, but the defense can't help but be some better with the guys we have coming off red-shirt and the highly ranked JC players we have coming in on defense. Not too worried about the offense except we need a little more of a running game.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote: I don't know about the much better part of it, but the defense can't help but be some better with the guys we have coming off red-shirt and the highly ranked JC players we have coming in on defense. Not too worried about the offense except we need a little more of a running game.
Agreed......I'm just not sure about the "much better" part. And not to nit-pick, but a lot of fans also mentioned that "well.....the defense can't get any worse" sentiment last off-season too.

And I'm not even being serious here.....I was joking.....I mentioned weeks ago how despite everyone's doom and gloom....give it a month and someone will claim something crazy about next season. Like clockwork.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

The ONLY hope that I have for next FB season is all of the redshirts we have. But mostly, DC has a lot to do to gain back my support after he decided to drag my cowboys through the mud. I have little hope for the future of cowboy football.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Dutchnation wrote:The ONLY hope that I have for next FB season is all of the redshirts we have. But mostly, DC has a lot to do to gain back my support after he decided to drag my cowboys through the mud. I have little hope for the future of cowboy football.
Dutchnation, are you referring to the Air Force game? If so, as former Army, a former athlete, I support what he did. I do wish he would have used about 10 less F bombs. But I am glad he gave Air Force an ear full. When did they become "privileged" and above reproach over their cheating. I was at the game....and was completely dismayed that they got away with that poop "injury." I have friends who are currently in the Army that called or sent me messages congratulating CDC on ripping Air Fart.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:
Dutchnation wrote:The ONLY hope that I have for next FB season is all of the redshirts we have. But mostly, DC has a lot to do to gain back my support after he decided to drag my cowboys through the mud. I have little hope for the future of cowboy football.
Dutchnation, are you referring to the Air Force game? If so, as former Army, a former athlete, I support what he did. I do wish he would have used about 10 less F bombs. But I am glad he gave Air Force an ear full. When did they become "privileged" and above reproach over their cheating. I was at the game....and was completely dismayed that they got away with that poop "injury." I have friends who are currently in the Army that called or sent me messages congratulating CDC on ripping Air Fart.
I imagine Navy folks did the same.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I'm ex chAir Force and I was ok with it.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Subcanis wrote:I'm ex chAir Force and I was ok with it.
Given Air Fart's inability to show any type of honor or integrity at that school (ya know...rapes, cheating, etc), people should not be surprised that an Air Fart person was ok with it.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

one-smooth-poke wrote:
Subcanis wrote:I'm ex chAir Force and I was ok with it.
Given Air Fart's inability to show any type of honor or integrity at that school (ya know...rapes, cheating, etc), people should not be surprised that an Air Fart person was ok with it.
? I was ok with DC calling Howdy Doody out. Want to take a reading comprehension course and revise that?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Or you could be clear in what your referring to. My reading of your comment "I was ok with it" was referring to the poop fake injury I referred to.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/ ... o-big-east" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Referencing the post directly above mine. I'll be sure to quote next time.

*edit* nevermind, its NYE. Cheers Pokes fans!
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

one-smooth-poke wrote:

Hey Guys,

I WAS in fact referring to the Air Force game, and I appreciate your comments. I feel the same way you do. I didn't do a very good job getting my thoughts across, but I was extremely disappointed in the way CC handled it. I agree...he should have been in his face screaming his head off just like he was. But to point out the coach's lack of integrity as he dropped F-bomb after F-bomb just made us all look silly. I love my Cowboys and I love our football program, and no matter how much that coach deserved it, I just wish Dave would have gone about it a different way. I appreciate his passion though, and him calling out AF. That was complete crap the way that they cheated to win. No way they win that game if they play it straight. No way!

I guess my point was to express that I am not drinking the kool-aid like I was last Fall before the season started. Our defense is AWFUL. I am sitting here watching Nebraska and Georgia and wishing my team was playing in a bowl. But our defense kept us from it. I am also sick of our MWC bretheren who continue to call us bottom feeders and cellar dwellers. Eff those guys! And I want my pokes to dominate them on the gridiron. I just don't see it happening next year and it is frustrating, knowing that if we had a defense that could keep up with our offense we could win the conference and play in a major bowl.