Shout out to the UW Football Players

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

In all of the drama mayhem, and complete bs this season has been...

I have to give props to the guys we pay to see play. Sure there have been missed tackles, bonehead plays and dropped passes. But dang it, these guys have been through hell this year. Losing isn't easy to take. And it is getting (and will get worse ) I'm afraid.

Thanks guys for sticking it out.

We have some top notch guys on this team. Football aside, I am hoping for their success. Especially this senior class. What a way to end.

Go Cowboys. "You gotta be tough as nails to play here"....on and off the field.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 251 times

Great Post!!!

While this season sucks, I haven't seen any quit in the players. I hope every player returns, because the talent is there for a successful team.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

I'm proud that these kids are representing the state and the University. They'll pull it together. Hell, they're almost there. Keep your heads up, guys. Good things happen when you bust your ass!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Kaligus....time to rally these guys.

I admire the crap out of the players. I would have quit long ago.

My fear is that this little video shenanigan reflects the team, university, etc. Which is NOT true.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Good post, djm, these guys are amateur college students. The coaches, refs and the administration are the paid professionals and they're the ones that are screwing up. These young men bust their ass all week in practice and in the classroom. You can throw the NCAA 20 hours maximum a week rule out the window. When you add in all the "voluntary" time this is a minimum of 40 hours a week during the season starting with the Fall Camp and ending with the last game, which can go all the way to Winter Break. I've known many people who work a full time job and take night classes, but not many that take a full load.

Good luck to Coach K and the boys this weekend and the rest of the season!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Good luck to them! They need to step it up and kick some donkey ass this Saturday. Period. Do they want to be remembered as the "Give Up Cowboys" or the "Upset Cowboys"? Prove it to the rest of the country that they will not lay down and take any crap. Get fired up and prove their worth to the nation.
kahunapoke
Buckaroo

What happens if Pokes beat BSU - wonder if the OC and DC say screw it with the oppression and open up the game plans a little
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Poke Football Players: Play loose. Have fun. Take lots of chances. Nothing to loose now anyway. Open it up. Laugh off the season and enjoy yourself preparing for next year, which will be better (how can it be worse?). Hey Dave -- do the same.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

[quote="kahunapoke"]What happens if Pokes beat BSU - wonder if the OC and DC say screw it with the oppression and open up the game plans a little[/quote

hell they needed to open it up 3 games ago when it was really starting to slip!

I agree though, no quit and regardless I still love em the same, it's just losing gets old and fast
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It's possible the DC suspension will fire up this team. Get them motivated to represent their "coach" while he is away. I have been in this situation as a player and I know how much the team wanted to win for our absent coach.
I'm good for 3!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

i'd be for that, just hope it doesn't snow too much to close the summit this weekend, i have dirt roads i can take if need be..lol BEAT THE BRONCOS
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

kahunapoke wrote:What happens if Pokes beat BSU - wonder if the OC and DC say screw it with the oppression and open up the game plans a little
Hell freezes over, and the Mayans were right about Dec. 21?