DC suspended & fined

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

https://twitter.com/WyoSports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Not surprised with it hitting the media harder than the school would prefer he had to set an example.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Seems odd to me since Burman had seen the tape or one like it and knew exactly what DC did early last week and chose not to do anything but now that the tape got out he suspends him? Seems kinda poop to me. Should have done it last week if it was going to happen.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

https://twitter.com/Ben_Fred/status/260488657666981888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Discussion: Over.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

What a chicken sh*t move by Burman. He does this over a week after the initial problem and the reprimand from the MWC office?

He grabbed a bucket and got on a bike, rode downstream about 50 miles, filled the bucket with water, rode back upstream 50 miles and dumped the water it in the stream...so it could go under the same bridge again.

If he is truly worried about the youtube video, then I say "Welcome to the internet, Tom. Glad you made it to 1996."

The wheels have officially come off of the football program. They are done, not just this season, but for good. The AD has humiliated his head coach. There is no way this can work.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

This ain't good -- in fact I would now be surprised if Christensen is back next season...this has all the looks of the foundation for a contract buy-out.

But I'm a little bit confused.

Lemme get this right now...last week Burman was aware of the incident (obviously) and chose to take the high road by standing by his head coach, expressing regret, yes, but at the same time making it clear last week that he was firmly behind Christensen.

Now two days after a debacle of a game (a game?) against Fresno State its announced that he's been suspended for a game and docked 50K to boot?

No...there is no way this looks or feels right.

Something happened after the Fresno State game, clearly, and this is Burman's response to whatever it was.

Perhaps someday we get the real goods on what else has taken place recently -- but for now all I can say is that I believe that Dave Christensen has coached more games already in Laramie than he will be coaching going forward.

This thing comes to a concluding head sometime shortly imo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaJDqBNo4cI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

sad, kind of, that a video surfacing forced us into this.

What I learned through all of this

1- calhoun is a complete dip$hit. I hope he gets karma his way. That putrid football team will be going to a bowl game this year. Puke.
2- no matter how you feel about DC's reactions, it wasn't appropriate
3- players don't "rally" behind their coach acting like this. more embarrasing than motivating
4- burman had no choice because of the video
5- who videos the ending of a game like that up close and personal (I would imagine a conversation on the AF sideline like..."hey, look how pissed DC is"... "yeah, make sure and film this..")
6- this is a black eye (much worse than the flipping of the bird)
7- leave Howdy Doody out of this (which I found that part of the video hilarious)
8- this is an audition on how the asst does
9- because the univeristy looked at the legal ramifications, this does not bode well for DC's resume and future. "Not today" could be translated many different ways
10- a pool table is still worse than this in my opinion
11- I think DC is a good offensive coord. he needs someone above him keeping him in line
12- the video has now 100k views. Sucky.
13- as much as I truly do think that DC has the program steering in the right direction, these actions completely blasted a hole in the hull
14- Wyoming football (besides the team) looks like complete #### right now. Bad image. Bad repuation.
15- Cade Smith will NEVER set foot on campus. I am not sure how tight of relationship Brett Smith has with DC, but unless complete loyalty, Smith is crazy to stay in this inferno
16- this incident will set us back years
17- our special teams will go back to being called "special teams"
18- DC will be watching the game from a warm place in CA this weekend. no where close to laramie
19- Poor howdy doody
20- I am seriously sick right now with the turn our football program has taken.
Last edited by djm19 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

The beginning of the end for DC. On the positive side, he won't have to watch them take the ass-whipping they are going to take this weekend. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Actually it wasn't a chickensh*t move by Burman.

What most of you fail to realize is that all Burman most likely knew about the situation was basically what everyone else saw on the tv after the game and then probably talked to a couple of people who told them what they thought they might of heard.

He probably didn't realize it was as bad as it was until after the youtube video was put up by whoever it was that recorded it.

Infact when I saw the video for the first time last week when it popped up I was somewhat blown away by Christensen's reaction even though I had seen it on tv just couldn't hear what he was saying. I tried to explain it to my father on how bad it was and he didn't realize it was as bad as I had described it until after he actually watched the video for himself. So maybe something similar in Burmans case.

One other thing to note is that the video came out on what day? Maybe Wednesday or Thursday? So it was already past midweek and I imagine Burman decided to not disrupt any progress the team had for the upcoming game in Fresno on Saturday and figured he would reprimand Christensen on Monday after seeing the full video of just how bad it was.

I figured something more would come of this today just wasn't sure what.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

All the big media heads are hammering CDC. I don't think he gets fired, but Burman had to do something. He couldn't just bypass it all.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote:Actually it wasn't a chickensh*t move by Burman.

What most of you fail to realize is that all Burman most likely knew about the situation was basically what everyone else saw on the tv after the game and then probably talked to a couple of people who told them what they thought they might of heard.

He probably didn't realize it was as bad as it was until after the youtube video was put up by whoever it was that recorded it.

Infact when I saw the video for the first time last week when it popped up I was somewhat blown away by Christensen's reaction even though I had seen it on tv just couldn't hear what he was saying. I tried to explain it to my father on how bad it was and he didn't realize it was as bad as I had described it until after he actually watched the video for himself. So maybe something similar in Burmans case.

One other thing to note is that the video came out on what day? Maybe Wednesday or Thursday? So it was already past midweek and I imagine Burman decided to not disrupt any progress the team had for the upcoming game in Fresno on Saturday and figured he would reprimand Christensen on Monday after seeing the full video of just how bad it was.

After the video surfaced Ben Fredrickson asked Tom Burman about the video and he said he had seen it prior to making his statement on Monday or whenever the league punished him. So he knew exactly what had happened early last week. The tweets are out there but I can't get on twitter from this computer so I can't find them.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote:

After the video surfaced Ben Fredrickson asked Tom Burman about the video and he said he had seen it prior to making his statement on Monday or whenever the league punished him. So he knew exactly what had happened early last week. The tweets are out there but I can't get on twitter from this computer so I can't find them.

Okay. I did not know that. Well I guess Burman must have been hoping it didn't get out publicly but now that it did he must be feeling pressure from a number of Boosters and fans then.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

It seems to me when you hear an AD saying something like this that your days are numbered. Guess we will find out.

TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote:
TSpoke wrote:

Okay. I did not know that. Well I guess Burman must have been hoping it didn't get out publicly but now that it did he must be feeling pressure from a number of Boosters and fans then.
Thats why I have a problem with the suspension. I would have had zero problem with suspending him last week(it probably should have happened) but to cave to boosters and fans after publicly supporting him bothers me. Stand up for what you beleive one way or the other. This whole thing was getting closer to blowing over and now it is right back in the front of the spotlight and does no good for anyone.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Just thinking out loud, want to hear all your thoughts.....

Do you think CDC could leave Laramie after this season on his own? Meaning resign? You have to think this situation may strain the relationship between Burman and CDC.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

What is compounding the problem x 100 is the military twist. No matter how much you "know" the whole context of calhoun being an A hole, it doesnt matter. Degrading the military is always looked down upon. This will follow him around like a dark cloud forever. Even if Calhoun comes out and "accepts his apology" it wont matter.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

djm19 wrote:What is compounding the problem x 100 is the military twist. No matter how much you "know" the whole context of calhoun being an A hole, it doesnt matter. Degrading the military is always looked down upon. This will follow him around like a dark cloud forever. Even if Calhoun comes out and "accepts his apology" it wont matter.
He wasn't degrading the military though, he was degrading an asshat of a HC.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:Just thinking out loud, want to hear all your thoughts.....

Do you think CDC could leave Laramie after this season on his own? Meaning resign? You have to think this situation may strain the relationship between Burman and CDC.
I think it probably destroyed their relationship. I doubt he would leave on his own after this year. Hes got a nice big paycheck coming his way but if he does turn around the program, Burman will have a hard time convincing him to stick around.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

J-Rod wrote:Just thinking out loud, want to hear all your thoughts.....

J-Rod...the relationship was already past being strained. Way past. And basically has always been, well, at least when the ink dried.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

This is a crap move by Burman. He knew exactly what happened and chose to issue an apology and move on. He's letting public influence affect his decision making, and that is NOT a good thing.

I don't think that HCDC is going anywhere, either on his own or forcibly, but he's definitely given the University and the football program a black eye. He'll learn from this, and hopefully start winning some damn football games so he's not so close to the chopping block!