Forehead Slap

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

I just read on some ignorance on GoWyoGo about how Smith has "checked out" and "quit on the team" because of his demeanor during the game. Give the kid a break. Two weeks ago he gets thrown out of a game, and people accuse him of being too fiery/emotional, and not being able to keep a level head. Tonight he obviously made it a point to stay calm and not engage in post play antics. He didn't even respond negatively during the late hit out of bounds. The Smith two weeks ago would have laid into that defender, but instead of seeing it as a positive that he is making an effort to be more mature on the field people are trying to use it against him. I feel bad for the kid. This whole not winning thing is starting to make people stupid. We need to figure it out and start winning some games before people get even dumber than they already are.
WestSalemFootballFan
Buckaroo

I couldn't agree more. I was proud of the way he did everything he could to avoid sacks and taking senseless hits. First of all, Fresno out-talented, outcoached, and obviously outplayed Wyoming. They played with the passion of a winning team and deserved a victory. Anybody who says Brett has given up on this team is mistaken. But because wins have been hard to come by, apparently some of the fans are giving up on him. I think that's the most disappointing part of all this for me. This is a team, it's not Brett Smith and a bunch of other guys. The kid fought for his freakin life behind little to no pass protection and tried to keep plays alive. Anyway Wyogogo, thank you for pointing out the truth.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Good point.

The blame game is pointless. This whole year to date is a head scratcher.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Brett played hard last night. He played tentative at times, which is smart. Good qb know when to slide, run, hit, etc. No reason for him to be fighting for an extra yard when we were down 35. I was actually pleased with bretts demeanor. I just fear unless we get some help around him he will be suiting up for another school in 2014.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

If you made a list of the 1,000 things wrong with this program, Brett would be #1,000. Actually, he wouldn't even be on the list.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Brett protected himself last night.. that's what he needed to do. That wasn't quitting, that was him trying not to take another shot to the head.
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

Brett clearly wasn't on his game. Not sure if he's still filling effects or not, but he was not very crisp on throws he had time to make, which wasn't very often. I'd sit him because I think there are more effects to the head than what they can see on a monitor. Don't want to see him in Crosby's shoes.
W-Y, Until I Die!