Fresno wants to hit our quarterbacks.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Challenge.. accepted.
http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/10/17/303 ... -face.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This is the best defense Wyoming will have seen since Texas. Significant upgrade from what the Pokes have been playing. That said, Fresno has come across as slightly on the dirty side defensively as well.....the guys better keep their heads on a swivel. They are NOT afraid to hit someone out-of-bounds....
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:This is the best defense Wyoming will have seen since Texas. Significant upgrade from what the Pokes have been playing. That said, Fresno has come across as slightly on the dirty side defensively as well.....the guys better keep their heads on a swivel. They are NOT afraid to hit someone out-of-bounds....

Seems very Fresno-ish to me.
Any word if Smith is playing?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Sounds like quite the ###hole. Reminds me how bad I hate that trashy, jailbird group of thugs. As long as brett doesn't have his rolex on he should be good. (Before I get lit up for this comment, I'm not being "racist" but referencing Fresnecks' long standing reputation of having players involved with these shenanigins. color is not the issue.)

The Bulldogs are preparing for both -- and to hit them both.

"If they put that kid on the field we’re going to hit him. And if they put the other kid on the field we’re going to hit him. They need to know it," said defensive coordinator Nick Toth, who has engineered a turnaround that has the Bulldogs ranked 29th in total defense after lagging at 100th last season.

"We’re going to hit them. If they want to turn it into a screen game, that's good. But we're going to go hit them. They're a good team, but … we hit quarterbacks."
ROFLcopter
Buckaroo

djm19 wrote:Sounds like quite the ###hole. Reminds me how bad I hate that trashy, jailbird group of thugs. As long as brett doesn't have his rolex on he should be good. (Before I get lit up for this comment, I'm not being "racist" but referencing Fresnecks' long standing reputation of having players involved with these shenanigins. color is not the issue.)

"If they put that kid on the field we’re going to hit him. And if they put the other kid on the field we’re going to hit him. They need to know it," said defensive coordinator Nick Toth, who has engineered a turnaround that has the Bulldogs ranked 29th in total defense after lagging at 100th last season.

"We’re going to hit them. If they want to turn it into a screen game, that's good. But we're going to go hit them. They're a good team, but … we hit quarterbacks."
Fresno State is #11 in the nation in sacks. Wyoming is 106th.

I'd rather have a defense willing to hit the QB than one incapable of doing so.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

ROFLcopter wrote:
djm19 wrote:Sounds like quite the ###hole. Reminds me how bad I hate that trashy, jailbird group of thugs. As long as brett doesn't have his rolex on he should be good. (Before I get lit up for this comment, I'm not being "racist" but referencing Fresnecks' long standing reputation of having players involved with these shenanigins. color is not the issue.)

Fresno State is #11 in the nation in sacks. Wyoming is 106th.

I'd rather have a defense willing to hit the QB than one incapable of doing so.
I think I would rather be ranked 106 and keep my watch
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

O-line, and whoever else that is blocking, needs to keep their heads on swivels, because Fresno will probably try and overload one part of the line at a time. Meaning we may keep a H-back/fullback/converted o-linemen in the backfield to help with keeping the pressure off.

After looking at their roster, DEs are mostly small, but the do have a couple of big guys, as well as a 310+ pounder at NG.
ROFLcopter
Buckaroo

fromolwyoming wrote:O-line, and whoever else that is blocking, needs to keep their heads on swivels, because Fresno will probably try and overload one part of the line at a time. Meaning we may keep a H-back/fullback/converted o-linemen in the backfield to help with keeping the pressure off.

After looking at their roster, DEs are mostly small, but the do have a couple of big guys, as well as a 310+ pounder at NG.
Starting DEs are 285 pound Nikko Motta and 278 pound Andy Jennings (yes, he's listed as an NG but he's playing DE this year). We lost 296 pound DE Anthony Williams to an ankle injury against CSU. Most of the reserve DEs are small, you're right. I'm not sure where 296 pound DL Maurice Poyadue fits in tho.

Keep an eye out for OLB Tristan Okpalaugo (6-6, 260). He was a DE last year. Great at getting into the backfield.

As an aside, Smith has to be careful on his throws. FS is 2nd in the nation in picks.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I wish we had that coming out of Laramie!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

BJC wrote:I wish we had that coming out of Laramie!
Our guys can't say that...they don't get near the quarterback.
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

I just asked Dave if they had a chance to read this article and his reply was .....copy is in every linemans note book....FWIW.
I hope they get fired up about someone wanting to take out our QB's..... by the way what is it this year about the opposing teams focus on our QB's.. I know they are very good, but seems to be a real head scratcher for me.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

BeachPoke wrote:I just asked Dave if they had a chance to read this article and his reply was .....copy is in every linemans note book....FWIW.
I hope they get fired up about someone wanting to take out our QB's..... by the way what is it this year about the opposing teams focus on our QB's.. I know they are very good, but seems to be a real head scratcher for me.
Because they know Smith is our only good player?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Guess better pack some heat into the stands this weekend, yikes....lol Bring it on
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:
BeachPoke wrote:I just asked Dave if they had a chance to read this article and his reply was .....copy is in every linemans note book....FWIW.
Our only good player? It's too bad you aren't as funny as you are lame.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I'm off for Calif, GO POKES!!!
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
Way to poop on all the other player's on OUR team. :thumbdown:
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Can we hire this Coordinator and get rid of Tormey?
ROFLcopter
Buckaroo

thirtyseven wrote:Can we hire this Coordinator and get rid of Tormey?

Sorry, he's a keeper.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

djm19 wrote: I think I would rather be ranked 106 and keep my watch
just read this! Funny poop!

btw, does anyone wear watches anymore?
W-Y, Until I Die!