This coming Saturday vs Zoomies

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I'm going, and I urge every die-hard Pokes fan to go as well if you can make it to the game.

Saturday's loss disgusted me -- and my passion for this week's game 24 hours ago was nil...but as the anger dissipates some, the more I feel something pulling me out to the game against Air Force at The War.

I've got tickets for the game anyway --and my little buckaroo loved his first Pokes game a few weeks ago against Toledo and asked me if we were going back this week.

Through thick and thin...its the epitome of being a fan, right?

Go Pokes!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

This isn't a great Air Force team. They have lost to UNLV and Navy and neither one is a great program right now. If the pokes go out with the same intensity of stopping the run, this game should be in the pokes favor. I'll be there and hope to see a croud similar to Toledo and hope the fan base doesn't lose hope.

I think we are probably the best 4 loss team in the country right now and don't see a single team on the schedule that Wyoming can't hang with. Every team we have lost to has a winning record right now, Toledo only has one loss, Texas only has one loss, Nevada only has one loss and the FCS school which will always hurt is undefeated. Point being we havn't lost to a bad team yet and every game we lost we hung with the competition and played them tough with the exception of Cal Poly which we win handidly with Brett in the game. GO POKES!
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

Add 1 more to the total attendance as I will also be there.
HellBass
Buckaroo

I'll be there...with 2 of my brothers, my Dad, and my best friend. If I remember correctly, there was a Utah State team that started 0-4 last year, looked good and people couldn't figure them out, gave the POKES a serious beat-down in Logan, and then went on to have an excellent year. I don't know why, but I feel like a big win over the Zoomies this weekend could send the POKES on their way to a similar outcome this year.

Not a Brett Smith excuse, but playing in Reno felt a lot like playing in Provo...
Powder River, Let 'er Buck!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

HellBass wrote:Not a Brett Smith excuse, but playing in Reno felt a lot like playing in Provo...
Or at home vs Toledo. Our players got hit out of bounds at least a few times without a flag flying, and then the flag that was picked up was ridiculous as well. Not to mention the fumble that likely happened before the goal line where the replay guys barely looked at it.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I'll be there! Go Pokes
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
HellBass wrote:Not a Brett Smith excuse, but playing in Reno felt a lot like playing in Provo...
Or at home vs Toledo. Our players got hit out of bounds at least a few times without a flag flying, and then the flag that was picked up was ridiculous as well. Not to mention the fumble that likely happened before the goal line where the replay guys barely looked at it.
These two thoughts are a perfect way to describe most of this season....
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

No reason Brett does not shred this D... our Offense should be able to move up and down the field on AF. I just hope that the D comes in ready again, if so I think this game could be the first for both sides to come up strong... I see the score something like .......45-17....Our WR all get close to 100 yd each.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 15 times

It's Homecoming. I'll be there with 6-8 of my best Cowboy friends.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

as much bitching, cursing, pissing and moaning I do about the Pokes, this team especially, I bleed brown and gold to the end and will forever support them! The cowboys may be having a tough time this year but they're still our team and we need to support them. GO POKES!!!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I will be there, excited to see the cowboys play in person.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I'll be there, after a 3 week stint in Nevada (leave tomorrow for Laramie).
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

I'll be there celebrating my 30th birthday (born on Homecoming, so not being a Pokes fan was never an option :thumb: ) with a bunch of my friends. Looking forward to getting back on the winning track!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I will be there in a group of 14.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Mulder1223
Buckaroo

I will be there party of 3 cheering the Pokes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO POKES
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:This isn't a great Air Force team. They have lost to UNLV and Navy and neither one is a great program right now. If the pokes go out with the same intensity of stopping the run, this game should be in the pokes favor. I'll be there and hope to see a croud similar to Toledo and hope the fan base doesn't lose hope.

I think we are probably the best 4 loss team in the country right now and don't see a single team on the schedule that Wyoming can't hang with. Every team we have lost to has a winning record right now, Toledo only has one loss, Texas only has one loss, Nevada only has one loss and the FCS school which will always hurt is undefeated. Point being we havn't lost to a bad team yet and every game we lost we hung with the competition and played them tough with the exception of Cal Poly which we win handidly with Brett in the game. GO POKES!

Best four loss team in the country? The FCS team we lost to is undefeated? My God we are grasping at straws in here.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:This isn't a great Air Force team. They have lost to UNLV and Navy and neither one is a great program right now. If the pokes go out with the same intensity of stopping the run, this game should be in the pokes favor. I'll be there and hope to see a croud similar to Toledo and hope the fan base doesn't lose hope.

Best four loss team in the country? The FCS team we lost to is undefeated? My God we are grasping at straws in here.
Lets be honest about what it is Cal Poly was a bad loss but it wasn't our best team on the field. With Brett on the field we destroy cal poly and rack up offensive numbers on the level of the Toledo game. We did lose that game and by saying they aren't as bad as we may have orignially thought is my way of putting a positive spin on it. I realize that a pot hole in a highway is ugly but if you fill it with gravel you can at least drive on it. But look at the entire post and tell me I'm wrong, every team we have lost to has a winning record. Not like we have lost to a team that is awful right now.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 4 times

Beat Air Force!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I'm there with 3 others!!! excited to see them stop the run like they did against Nevada, hoping Brett keeps his head on straight and we all leave the War feeling good about this team, as AF is down