McNeil will be player of the week

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Loved smith's game,

but this was the best game of mcneil's career, and probably any wideout in the mwc this week. mwc offensive pow is mcneil.

Right on.

however...

wtf DEFENSE! I understand that we hired christensen to improve our miserable offense under glenn. but gawd damn... how do we fix this inside defensive weakness? this game was not the best by burns and huff??? or the safeties...

pulestasi needs to see more consistent reps. mertens needs to be in only on three d-tackles sets. keep sumpter off the field except as the refridgerator on goalline offensive sets.

need to put olive in. I haven't seen him on the field yet. maybe he has been. i was specifically look for him though.

yarborough showed some life tonight, but he's young. puletasi is young. api'api is young too.

don't know what to say... we have talent that is being misused... OR... more importently... we have a defense that is talented but is undercoached from the sideline. I like tormey's schemes, but i don't like how players disappear for 12 minutes. I don't know which coach is talking to the defense on timeouts.... tormey is in the booth. Maybe he needs to come down to the sideline. Our d needs to understand that the most important aspect of the game is getting a stop... THEN getting a turn-over. being able to put somebody out in three is the key.... always

we are in a weird spot. some players dominate for a few minutes, then a change is made, either from our bench or their's... BAM, we give up yardage. i don't know if its a substitution problem, or a mismatching problem from them.

again... idaho made a touchdown in the first half because we sub'd players out when their offense was lined-up completely on the line of scrimmage... WTF... if that happens, players shouldn't look to the sideline to see if the coach wants them out. If a team immediatly jumps up form a first down play and start lining up on the spot of the ball... middleline backer needs to call an emergency signal to team..... BUCKLE, BUCKLE!!!! meaning: line-up now! d-tackles fill primary gap. d ends contain and pressure... and bump outside wideouts with pressure two deep coverage from the safeties. I nearly tore my manroom too shreds when i saw that! GAWDDAMN!!!!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I really believe that we just don't have talent on that side of the ball. Plain and simple. Hey I drank the KOOL AID too.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

It's kind of sad, because McNeill's record is rather dubious. He's got a rep for avoiding exposure and hits, not running for the long ball, not coming back for the short one, and, in this game, as one of the fastest players on our team, he got run down by the University of Idaho "thoroughbreds". I'm not sure if that speaks to his work ethic, or our coaches' delusional perception of talent.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

McNeil had such a great game. Such an unbelievable game, and if he gets it then good for him, cuz he earned it. But I don't know how you don't give this to Smith. 5 TDs to 5 different receivers. His gutty run where he busted through the pile changed the tone of the game. He was the most important player on the field today. He willed our team to a victory. Either way I'm happy, im just glad we got our first W of the year!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

cause mcneil is a senior, because he's never had this kind of game before. that first touchdown catch was insane... he gained 7 yards while the ball floated around his hands... then he caught it, changed hands and stiff-armed the tackle. that was crazy... might make the top ten plays of the week.

smith had a great game. but he usually does. this ranks up there with his best performances, but this might be mcneils only time for the award.

voters are weird. Wouldn't be suprised to see smith get it.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

carbonpoke wrote:Loved smith's game,

but this was the best game of mcneil's career, and probably any wideout in the mwc this week. mwc offensive pow is mcneil.

Right on.

however...

wtf DEFENSE! I understand that we hired christensen to improve our miserable offense under glenn. but gawd damn... how do we fix this inside defensive weakness? this game was not the best by burns and huff??? or the safeties...

pulestasi needs to see more consistent reps. mertens needs to be in only on three d-tackles sets. keep sumpter off the field except as the refridgerator on goalline offensive sets.

need to put olive in. I haven't seen him on the field yet. maybe he has been. i was specifically look for him though.

yarborough showed some life tonight, but he's young. puletasi is young. api'api is young too.

don't know what to say... we have talent that is being misused... OR... more importently... we have a defense that is talented but is undercoached from the sideline. I like tormey's schemes, but i don't like how players disappear for 12 minutes. I don't know which coach is talking to the defense on timeouts.... tormey is in the booth. Maybe he needs to come down to the sideline. Our d needs to understand that the most important aspect of the game is getting a stop... THEN getting a turn-over. being able to put somebody out in three is the key.... always

we are in a weird spot. some players dominate for a few minutes, then a change is made, either from our bench or their's... BAM, we give up yardage. i don't know if its a substitution problem, or a mismatching problem from them.

again... idaho made a touchdown in the first half because we sub'd players out when their offense was lined-up completely on the line of scrimmage... WTF... if that happens, players shouldn't look to the sideline to see if the coach wants them out. If a team immediatly jumps up form a first down play and start lining up on the spot of the ball... middleline backer needs to call an emergency signal to team..... BUCKLE, BUCKLE!!!! meaning: line-up now! d-tackles fill primary gap. d ends contain and pressure... and bump outside wideouts with pressure two deep coverage from the safeties. I nearly tore my manroom too shreds when i saw that! GAWDDAMN!!!!!
I think our outside defense is weaker than our inside defense. Other than that, this is a good analysis - defense needs major help and/or change.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.