TJ Smith dismissed from team, Rushing leaves too

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Guy was on the field a lot on Saturday. HCDC said he was dismissed after violating team rules. Not the first time he has been in trouble, and it looks like he pushed his luck too far this time. On the plus side we've got some depth at wideout this season. On the down side that's another player being kicked off/leaving the team in the HCDC reign.

Not sure what happened with Zach Rushing, but that's gonna hurt. UW said he left for personal reasons.
Last edited by WYO1016 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, if nothing else, CDC has been strict about recruits keeping to the rules. He'll give them a few chances, but if they blow all of them, they're off the team. That much (and finding some pretty good underrated players) to his credit.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Just my opinion here…. The thing about UW football is we are in a situation where we have to reach on quite a few players. Maybe some guys that aren't necessarily the cream of the crop kids character-wise. Guys like Chris Prosinki being exceptions. With that being said, we will continue to lose players year after year because of simple attrition. There is a reason that guys like Sutton got passed on by Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A/M, Houston, Baylor, TCU, Arkansas, Arkansas State, etc, etc. It is because they usually come with loads of baggage.

I don’t mean to degrade Sutton, but I am so disappointed in him. He will be what would be called an “Upper Classmen” next year. He isn’t even sniffing the field right now. Yet, he continues to rave about how good he “once was.” He talks more about his high school highlight video than what we can do to help his team. His twitter is filled with drama of girls and the newest electronic he put in his car. (If you see pics of the new screen in his car, the screensaver is his HIGH SCHOOL picture!) I just see this (realizing they are still college kids), but dammit guys! You are getting whacked by inferior competition and you are more worried about your new shoes and “Never had to chase no gurl before…they be chasin me’’ kind of bull@#$% that permeates from his Twitter. Cowboy up and get on the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can these guys not see the big picture. Sutton is tweetin dozens a time a day. How bout you hit the game film Kodi and contribute to this team already. Do you like finishing 0-11? Do you like being the super senior still in HS??? No one gives a flying %^$# anymore! Balls up and play Cowboy football.

This is the reality of Wyoming football I am finally starting to realize. For every awesome kid like Brett Smith, we have some complete douchebags. No, I am not saying the “majority” of the players are idiots. I am just stating that when these players leave it can be for a myriad of reasons:
1- They are complete wimps (Doctson)
2- They are cry babies (ACS)
3- They can’t get to the next stage of life and be an adult and live by rules (TJ Smith)

Players leave every programs every year for one reason or another. I wish TJ the best of luck. Hope he makes decisions that doesn’t affect his life negatively. Always sad to see someone make a decision that affects getting an education and could potentially get them on a wrong track.
Last edited by djm19 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:Well, if nothing else, CDC has been strict about recruits keeping to the rules. He'll give them a few chances, but if they blow all of them, they're off the team. That much (and finding some pretty good underrated players) to his credit.
yep
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Now Zach Rushing has left the team too?????? Good $#%^
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:Now Zach Rushing has left the team too?????? Good $#%^
Are you serious? Everyone is jumping ship.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

This is why we never really have any depth. DC's attrition rate is higher than the norm.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Zach Rushing got hurt Tuesday in practice, and needs shoulder surgery. Career ending injury. He is still on scholarship.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

That sucks. He was a solid blocker.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Surgery...Wow! And almost every one of you were ready to blame DC for this kid not playing on the team anymore. Show's where some of you all's heads are at. Sometimes I think Wyo fans just have too much apathy.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote:Surgery...Wow! And almost every one of you were ready to blame DC for this kid not playing on the team anymore. Show's where some of you all's heads are at. Sometimes I think Wyo fans just have too much apathy.
I don't know, I read this thread and I'm not seeing almost everyone blaming DC on Rushing leaving the team. Maybe we're bummed out because of the dozens before him, but not Rushing. Wyo fans do not have too much apathy right now, maybe the past few years, but right now we are having the opposite.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:Zach Rushing got hurt Tuesday in practice, and needs shoulder surgery. Career ending injury. He is still on scholarship.
The University specifically said he wasn't leaving due to injury or suspension.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

as much as it hurts, good riddance we need cowboy tough players, too much pc in coaching these days makes for softer players imo. oh well if we beat Boise St this year then we'll look back on this week and wonder why we were all sad in the gloom and doom, oh wait I just woke up...lol
gopokes1399
Blog Team

WYO1016 wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:Zach Rushing got hurt Tuesday in practice, and needs shoulder surgery. Career ending injury. He is still on scholarship.
I'm in class with him as we speak. He is getting shoulder surgery and
Can hardly raise his hand
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
I'm in class with him as we speak. He is getting shoulder surgery and
Can hardly raise his hand
Ah, thanks. Why the hell would the administration lie and tell us it wasn't because of injury?! That's got me worried.

I wish Zach the best, and hope he goes far with his degree from UW.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

A season ending injury doesnt always mean "leaving the team." Jordan Wynn for Utah got injured last week, has graduated already, yet is still supporting players at practice and helping on the sidelines. He is STILL on the team.

Surgery or not. Injury or not. I doubt the university would blatantly lie about something like this. Wonder if the injury was a good out. (pure speculation here)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Is anyone surprised? Christiansen never reveals anything about injuries.. guy is paranoid and tight lipped about everything that happens.. Hauck at UNLV was the same way at Montana. Then I read something last week about how Nick Saban provides an injury report to media (not sure if that's true, but likely) and he wins a lot of football games..
ImageImageImageImage
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

Not giving information about someone is more to do with the laws of privacy than anything coach does. Anyone in a business knows this.. You can't devulge any type of information now days..
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

I wonder if Luke Anderson was in halfies on that tanning bed.
W-Y, Until I Die!