Is Sween the best choice against TCU?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

I've been mulling this over since I saw the announcement in the e-paper this morning. I'm sure he has the best idea as to what Patterson is going to throw at him, but knowing what's coming doesn't always mean that you can avoid it. We all know Sween isn't the quickest on his feet and his decision making hasn't been anywhere near what a D1 QB should be by this point in a college career. I also realize that our other options at QB don't really give a warm fuzzy knowing what TCUs D did to arguably the best QB in the conference this last week. :puke: (It did physically pain me to say that...) So, knowing the lack of options we have, I have resigned to the hope that Sween has rediscovered himself somehow, someway and gives the Pokes the opportunity to not only beat the spread, but actually have a chance to keep the game close...

whatcha' think?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Stutzreim has proven he can lead a scoring drive. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
kahunapoke
Buckaroo

he's as good a piece of meat as the next guy- I might watch just for the gore!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I agree with the decision to start Sween. Why ruin a potentially good QB in Stutzreim by throwing him to the wolves against TCU, especially with those 5 players we call an O-line blocking for him? I say let Sween take all the lumps for this year, nothing is gonna turn this around. Keep Stutzreim on the sidelines and film room learning. I just see no point in ruining his confidence now.
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Cornpoke wrote:I agree with the decision to start Sween. Why ruin a potentially good QB in Stutzreim by throwing him to the wolves against TCU, especially with those 5 players we call an O-line blocking for him? I say let Sween take all the lumps for this year, nothing is gonna turn this around. Keep Stutzreim on the sidelines and film room learning. I just see no point in ruining his confidence now.
You nailed it Cornpoke...there was no way that Stutz should have gotten the starting nod at TCU, our coaches (although poop) are not that retarded. Even though he probably is performing the best right now.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

Is it too late to buy this game out? ;)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

pokerupfront wrote:Is it too late to buy this game out? ;)
Probably... :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO Bandit
Buckaroo

In all honesty, at this point does it really even matter who is playing quarterback? The end result would be the same...yet another embarrassing blowout to a conference opponent.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I would probably vote for Sween at this point. He has seen TCU before and knows what to expect. Stutz did well, but he's not mobile at all and hasn't seen the likes of what TCU will send after him. Crum is the same way. Hetrick stands the best chance of not getting killed back there, but he doesnt bring anything in the passing dept. So I think just by elimination we end up with Sween. But it doesnt matter anyway. And I bet we see at least 3 QBs
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

cheypoke wrote:I would probably vote for Sween at this point. He has seen TCU before and knows what to expect.
Knowing what to expect from TCU is why I wouldn't start Sween. He will start out shaking in his cleats. You don't want that. Go with someone who can scramble from the rush and throw the 3 yard pass. Anything longer than three yards nobody can catch.

I don't think TCU will pour it on (they might, of course, to impress the BCS people) but if the TCU subs are much better that the Pokes A squad, the TCU coach can't just tell them not to score.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I am NOT even going to watch Sportscenter or TV tomorrow, I don't even want to know what the score is, we have re-defined what it is to suck. I unfortunately have already bought tickets to the TN and CSU game and am travelling to both. I just hope we can beat CSU.. that is all that matters at this point, I don't think we can beat SDSU at this point. I wonder who our next coach will be..

GO POKES!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 232 times

No way our line can handle TCU's D-line. So, whoever our QB is will be running for their life. Unfortunately it doesnt look like Stutzreim can beat anyone in a race, so I think its good that Sween gets the start for the TCU game.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

One point to consider...

Sween is the only QB on the roster to have beaten the Horned Frogs...
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Sween and Crum are expendable. Sween will move the ball (and not score). No sense beating the stuffing out of all the players. This season is a wash anyway... :x
Go Pokes!