If there are any question about our athletes

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

being able to compete in the MWC.....click on over and watch TCU currently beating BYU. Watching the speed, blocks, tackling, hell, all phases of the game, makes us look even more pathetic than I previously thought.
Very depressing.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

The Stormin' Mormons are really getting it handed to them.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 239 times

Wind River Poke wrote:being able to compete in the MWC.....click on over and watch TCU currently beating BYU. Watching the speed, blocks, tackling, hell, all phases of the game, makes us look even more pathetic than I previously thought.
Very depressing.
No kidding! TCU may be the most athletic MWC team ever. They really seem like an SEC team.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Life isn't so bad when you're scraping up the Texas/Texas A&M leftovers.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

23-0 at the half. Utah is the MWCs last chance at a BCS bowl this year, it looks like.
ImageImageImageImage
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I think UTAH will get spanked by this TCU team also .

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Ouch... this'll hurt Max's Heisman chances!
ImageImageImageImage
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

i think it just goes to show how bad turnovers can hurt a team. TCU struggled to beat CSU, but tonight beat BYU 32-7 because the Cougars turned it over many times. Give TCU credit for creating the turnovers as they always seem to do, but a good Cougar team was totally out of it because of the dreaded Turnover.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

BYU hasn't played that great the last couple of weeks.. it was a matter of time before they dropped one. They didn't look great against Utah St. or last week against New Mexico.. TCU is obviously a great team, their only loss coming to then #2 Oklahoma.

I believe Utah now has the longest win streak, right?
ImageImageImageImage
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

TCU is a great team but also the same team that barely beat CSU last Saturday, but blew out BYU with turnovers.

I still stand by my assessment that this game better represents how damning Turnovers are, than how great TCU is, they didn't get great in 4 days, but they did create more turnovers.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

TCU is definitely a good team. But if you really look at the films from our games, I don't see us as really getting out matched most of the time. Our D line didn't get blown up by either BYU and Utah (both average well over 300lbs). And I hate using stats too much because they can be misleading, but we actually out gained Utah in offensive stats, and were pretty close with BYU. Our RB's are as good as any in the conference, and I don't think our QB's and WR's are as bad as they look. I am really beginning to think that either we have a team full of players unable to learn what they are being taught (unlikely) or the coaches are not successfully teaching our skills players how to function at the D1 level. Lets face it Usain Bolt is super fast, but he wouldn't step on the field and make a great WR at any level without some coaching.
Last edited by Snowman_55 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 125 times

Snowman_55 wrote:TCU is definitely a good team. But if you really look at the films from our games, I don't see us as really getting out matched most of the time. Our D line didn't get blown up by either BYU and Utah (both average well over 300lbs). And I hate using stats too much because they can be misleading, but we actually out gained Utah in offensive stats, and were pretty close with BYU. Our RB's are as good as any in the conference, and I don't think our QB's and WR's are as bad as they look. I am really beginning to think that either we have a team full of players unable to learn what they are being taught (unlikely) or the coaches are not successfully teaching our skills players how to function at the D1 level. Lets face it Usain Bolt is super fast, but he isn't going to step on the field and make a great WR at any level without some coaching.
I believe option 2 is the most accurate, "the coaches are not successfully teaching our skills players how to function at the D1 level." A good coach (and coaching staff) can take a group of basket cases to championships.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Snowman_55 wrote:TCU is definitely a good team. But if you really look at the films from our games, I don't see us as really getting out matched most of the time. Our D line didn't get blown up by either BYU and Utah (both average well over 300lbs). And I hate using stats too much because they can be misleading, but we actually out gained Utah in offensive stats, and were pretty close with BYU. Our RB's are as good as any in the conference, and I don't think our QB's and WR's are as bad as they look. I am really beginning to think that either we have a team full of players unable to learn what they are being taught (unlikely) or the coaches are not successfully teaching our skills players how to function at the D1 level. Lets face it Usain Bolt is super fast, but he isn't going to step on the field and make a great WR at any level without some coaching.
We're not that far removed talent-wise from competing on both sides of the ball, but player deficiencies do exist. I used to think it was mostly lack of talent that was holding us back and causing this black hole were falling in to, but I wonder how much these same kids would prosper with better coaching.

We have some holes but I can't believe we should be so much worse than last year with much of the same players, and most being bigger and stronger. They simply should not be this bad. I guess we'll find out next September.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

GetRealMan wrote:
We're not that far removed talent-wise from competing on both sides of the ball, but player deficiencies do exist. I used to think it was mostly lack of talent that was holding us back and causing this black hole were falling in to, but I wonder how much these same kids would prosper with better coaching.

We have some holes but I can't believe we should be so much worse than last year with much of the same players, and most being bigger and stronger. They simply should not be this bad. I guess we'll find out next September.
Last year we played basically the same TCU team and it took a great come from behind performance from TCU to make it close. This year we return almost all our starters, but we suck. I'm willing to bet coaching is the main culprit here. We do have talent enough to compete, but coaching (which I believe the turnovers can be attributed to) has really hurt us.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

TKoehn wrote:TCU is a great team but also the same team that barely beat CSU last Saturday, but blew out BYU with turnovers.

I still stand by my assessment that this game better represents how damning Turnovers are, than how great TCU is, they didn't get great in 4 days, but they did create more turnovers.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

The meltdown seemed to begin when Bramlet gave TCU the game at home 3 years ago. I believe we were 4-0 and had TCU beaten...but the turnovers started....and haven't stopped.
I don't know Poke fans...something started to go really wrong with most of our skilled players after that game.
Take Hoost for example, he was fearless as an underclassmen, would field a punt knowing he was going to get drilled, a real competitor. By the time he was a senior he didn't want anything to do with the rock.
Special teams became non existent, fundamental mistakes, penalties, etc.
It just seems that maybe we do get good recruits and the coaching staff eventually ruins them. I don't know. I get sick to my stomach thinking of how far behind we are in this conference.
I'll never forget leaving that TCU game and hearing a couple behind us saying "it's OK, we are going to make it to a bowl game anyway." I thought to myself, true, but it would be nice to win the MWC. I honestly believed we had a chance. Little did I know the rest of the season was to go down the crapper....and never really recover.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925