Who steps up?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

Name one guy who is on the roster that steps up this year and one freshman who steps up this fall on each side of the ball.

Offense: Trey Norman. I see him turning into a Chris Mcneil type.
FR Offense: Tough one here. OL don't really start FR. I guess it would be a RB or a WR since they have a history of making an impact. I'll go with Trent Sewell.

Defense: Zach Berg. Killer spring. he will find time on the field. Maybe Nzeocha.
FR Defense: Again, DL is hard to have an impact true freshman. Secondary is where we have had FR impact players but looks to be deep. I'd go with Olive then.
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Good question and many options.

Offense: Agree with Trey Norman. He could make some noise.
Fr Offense: Gleeson. Hope he doesn't play very often, but has a leg if he does.

Defense: JJ Quinlan. Where did this guy come from. Nice size too.
Fr Defense: Awarabi. We have too much depth for any freshman to see the field, but is a good athlete and has good size for a DE.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Playmaker: Kody Sutton
Freshman: Nico Brown or Trent Sewell

Playmaker: Nzecha
Freshman: Eddie Yarbrough
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

offensive playmaker: tough one to answer in our type of balanced offense. smith loves to spread the ball around, and he will be involved in more scores than anybody else on the team. but for a guess, i think herron will account for a ton of yards, but rufran might be just as good.

offensive freshman: sewell and nico brown will see the field this year. too big and talented not too. look out for this receiver duo.

defensive playmaker: yikes! do we have to single out one guy. we are deep and talented everywhere. schrober should have the most tackles, but nzeocha will have the highlight tackles.

defensive freshman: should be able to keep redshirts intact here with our depth at every position. however, i see value in burning olive's redshirt... he physically ready, and in goalline situations his presence in the A gap cant be overlooked.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Offense

Playmaker-Smith. Okay aside from the obvious, Sutton. If he can keep a hold on the ball, he'll be a great back.

Freshmen-Sewell. Like what I've been hearing about him. But, only time will tell here.

Defense

Playmaker- Mike Purcell. Sounds like he's been doing REALLY good at NT/DT over the Spring.

Freshmen- Uso Olive. I like his size and strength, and he looks like he can take over at DT/NT in a year or two as starter.

What can I say, I like having a big defensive line that kicks ass.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I'm going with the walk-on Josh Smith. I like his size and athleticism. D.J. May might be dangerous on screens and as a third option out of the backfield. Nzeocha is a gym rat. He'll get on the field. I expect Nico Brown to get a shot at replacing Josh Doctson. Sewell will get on the field. I expect Jason Thompson to win the back-up job from Kirkegaard, at least push him.

Defensively, I think Uso Olive is already strong enough to make the two deep as a true freshman defensive tackle. Eddie Yarborough is still a freshman. Actually, there isn't a true freshman defensive lineman that ISN'T gifted enough to play as a freshman. We have a special class of defensive linemen on paper. Let's see how hard they work this summer. JJ Quinlan, the other walk-on awarded a scholarship could be our hardest hitting linebacker right now. My other defensive pick is Siaosi Hala'api'api. We're deep at linebacker, but he's athletic and physically developed enough to go right away. Nzeocha is going to be a star at safety.

Tim Gleeson is my freshman newcomer of the year. I think he's going to have a huge impact at punter.

Comeback player of the year: Daniel Sullivan or Kenny Browder.

The real question? Who's going to work harder this summer?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

O Playmaker - Kody Sutton is going to have a breakout season.
D Playmaker - Blair Burns is going to blow up the Interceptions this season a bold prediction of chasing Brian Lee @ 17 in one season. Now who knows if he can break it but he will be in the top 3 of Wyo single season interception leaders.

Breakout Freshman - Trent Sewell no doubt about it he will be 2nd receiver to McNeil replacing Doctson.