ok everyone name their top 2 replacements

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Here are my top 2

1). Turner Gill - head coach Buffalo

2). Gus Malzahn - off. coordinator Tulsa - (avg 56 points a game) also drummed New Mexico

Just my 2 top picks.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Greg Davis, OC / QB Coach Texas Longhorns

Dan Mullen, OC / QB Coach Florida Gators
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

1. Dirk Koetter current Asst for Jax Jags- He started up the program in Boise and could do similar things here.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/Coach.aspx?id=2688

2. Kevin Wilson current OC at Oklahoma- I like Oklahoma's Offense has coached in the Big 12, Big Ten and the MAC.

http://wyoming.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp ... 83&Sport=1
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

1)Brady Hoke - HC at Ball State, I think here at UW we need a guy who can really "coach" the maximum amount of talent of the players we have here. We are never gonna have 4-5 star recruits. Look what he has done at Ball st.

As for a big name guy, who could bring in some quick recruits and probably use us a stepping stone
2)Gary Barnett. He knows how to win in this area of the country despite his reputation.
I'm good for 3!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Steve Sarkisian - OC @ USC

Norm Chow - OC @ UCLA

Show one of them the money!!!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I only need 1...and I wanna know what you guys think..

Dave Christensen, Asst HC/OC/OL- MISSOURI TIGERS

-2007 Offensive Coordinator of the Year
-Profile:
http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footb ... ave01.html

Dont waste your money on anyone else...this guy is in his 8th year under Pinkel at Mizz.. and I was at the Nebraska/Missouri game this weekend..their offense isn't just good. saying its potent isn't enough credit. ITS LETHAL!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

But it's an offense based around having a great QB. We need an offense that can win with 1-3 star recruits running that offense.
I'm good for 3!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Sarkisian is an interesting choice since he was a BYU QB.

Mine would be Major Applewhite (OC at Syracuse or Rice or something..), or Paul Wulff from Washington St.
ImageImageImageImage
brocksamson
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:Sarkisian is an interesting choice since he was a BYU QB.

Mine would be Major Applewhite (OC at Syracuse or Rice or something..), or Paul Wulff from Washington St.
Wait, wait, wait. You are throwing out a guy's name and you don't even know where he is a coach? Come on Titleist, hard to take you serious on this one here bud. And by the way, he's the associate head coach/running backs coach at Texas.
All I know is, if he ain't back in 10 minutes, we calling Dominoes.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

1) Gary Barnett - I think he would be a great recruiter, which is what we need. Cab we pay him enough?

2) Sarkisian from USC - would a BYU guy come to Wyo.?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

brocksamson wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Sarkisian is an interesting choice since he was a BYU QB.

Wait, wait, wait. You are throwing out a guy's name and you don't even know where he is a coach? Come on Titleist, hard to take you serious on this one here bud. And by the way, he's the associate head coach/running backs coach at Texas.
He's moved around a lot the last few years, I don't keep track of where every assistant goes every year. Last I knew he was at Syracuse w/ Gregg Williams and at Rice.. and apparently at Alabama as well.
ImageImageImageImage
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Cornpoke... I disagree, why couldn't we get 4 star recruits, Boise St gets them, what do they have that we don't, other than a goofy colored field. They have a winning tradition beating up on the WAC, gearing up for OOC games, and going to bowls, and huge summer football camps. If we get a winning tradition back, have a weak non-conf schedule(gearing up for the MWC is enough), and go to some bowls, and host many huge football camps, maybe we could get some 4 star recruits. The only advantages I see them having is larger enrollment, bigger home crowds, ESPN games ... ok maybe they do have some advantages.

Maybe we need to paint our field Brown(blah) or Gold/Yellow(wow that would be hard on my eyes).

We can pay for coaching, we can't for athletes, I am on the pay as much as it takes to have the best staff available and the wins will generate interest/crowds/bowls/recruits/more good coaches/tradition bandwagon. I would love for Wyoming to be that goofy program that pays SEC type money for great coaches out in the middle of nowhere which gets great recruits because they know they are going to get NFL prep type coaching and much playing time because of lack of depth. That would be a great reputation to have. "Oh, your from Wyoming, they have a great football program", "Thank you, stranger."
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Weren't just about all our QBs 3 star recruits - at least until they decided to sign with Wyoming (and then they got downgraded)? I'm pretty sure Barry was rated pretty high and Crum was too. I don't have any other names to add to this list. Any of these coaches mentioned are good candidates. We need the help of our State Legislators to get the right coach on board - but only with the budget.
I don't mean this as any disrespect, but I sure hope Tom Burman is reading this thread.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

TKoehn wrote:We can pay for coaching, we can't for athletes, I am on the pay as much as it takes to have the best staff available and the wins will generate interest/crowds/bowls/recruits/more good coaches/tradition bandwagon. I would love for Wyoming to be that goofy program that pays SEC type money for great coaches out in the middle of nowhere which gets great recruits because they know they are going to get NFL prep type coaching and much playing time because of lack of depth. That would be a great reputation to have. "Oh, your from Wyoming, they have a great football program", "Thank you, stranger."
Spot on in my opinion! There are plenty of great recruits out there and the real good ones have the next level in mind. First we need a bad ass coach that knows how to win and what it takes to get to the NFL - one that has walked the walk. How many players can Glenn boast he's nurtured to the NFL? Second we need that coach that can convince a stud recruit that being the man at a diamond in the rough is way better than being backed up on a depth chart like you see at the USC's, Texas', and Ohio States of the world. No way will get all or even most but we will see some. This is how we can compete again against BYU, TCU, and Utah as I think they've been using this practice.

I had a good friend that got a full ride to Nebraska. He was a stud as his first year was '95 when they won one of their recent national championships. They have their pick of only the best athletes. However, he saw no substantial playing time his whole career - too deep. I lost touch with him, but I would venture a guess that he at least second guessed his choice once or twice along the way...
Last edited by HiCountryCowboy on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

2005 - Karsten Sween - Rivals 3*, Scout 2*
2006 - Ian Hetrick - Rivals 2*, Scout 3*
2007 - Chris Stutzriem - Rivals 3*, Scout 2*
2008 - Dax Crum - Rivals 3*, Scout 4*
Adam Barry - Rivals 2*, Scout 2* (you are right he was a 3* recruit right until he committed to UW)

Not surprisingly, we signed no 3* O Lineman, only Bolling (Rivals 3*) and Donnelly (Scout 3*) Receivers, Orlando Arnold (Rivals 3*) Tight End, and James Davis (Both 3*) as 3* offensive help in the same time frame.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

TKoehn wrote:2005 - Karsten Sween - Rivals 3*, Scout 2*
2006 - Ian Hetrick - Rivals 2*, Scout 3*
2007 - Chris Stutzriem - Rivals 3*, Scout 2*
2008 - Dax Crum - Rivals 3*, Scout 4*
Adam Barry - Rivals 2*, Scout 2* (you are right he was a 3* recruit right until he committed to UW)

Not surprisingly, we signed no 3* O Lineman, only Bolling (Rivals 3*) and Donnelly (Scout 3*) Receivers, Orlando Arnold (Rivals 3*) Tight End, and James Davis (Both 3*) as 3* offensive help in the same time frame.

That's good info and thanks for the research. This tells me something is wrong with the coaching and not the QBs we have here at UW. With the talent we have on defense, there's no way we should be this bad.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.