Wyokie - Big 12 ?

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

What's the latest gossip from hell (aka OKC)? What are they saying down there?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WYCowboy wrote:What's the latest gossip from hell (aka OKC)? What are they saying down there?
The cliff notes verison is this....

OU WILL be joining the PAC-12 (16) as early as tomorrow or as late as the end of September. Okie State will follow soon after. Popular opinion is Texas and TTU will soon follow once UT clears it through the Texas Legislature i.e., promises to keep the UT-A & M series going.

The common man down here is split amoungst the OU fans. Half are excited about joining a PAC-16 and the other half wants OU to join the SEC asap even if it means leaving Okie State behind to fend for themselves.

Okie State fans don't care where they'll end just as long they are in the same conference with OU.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:What's the latest gossip from hell (aka OKC)? What are they saying down there?

OU WILL be joining the PAC-12 (16) as early as tomorrow or as late as the end of September. Okie State will follow soon after. Popular opinion is Texas and TTU will soon follow once UT clears it through the Texas Legislature i.e., promises to keep the UT-A & M series going.

The common man down here is split amoungst the OU fans. Half are excited about joining a PAC-16 and the other half wants OU to join the SEC asap even if it means leaving Okie State behind to fend for themselves.

Okie State fans don't care where they'll end just as long they are in the same conference with OU.
This seems to have worked out well.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Wait another year. OU and Texas will have another fight and it causes OU & Okie State to join the SEC.

That fight will over who joins (if any) as 11th and 12th members of the Big 12.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Quick question for you, Snowflake, who do you root for since you're in OKC where I am? OU or Oklahoma State?
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:Quick question for you, Snowflake, who do you root for since you're in OKC where I am? OU or Oklahoma State?
I am a two-time alumna of the University of Oklahoma.
Last edited by Snowflake on Thu May 24, 2012 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Wait another year. OU and Texas will have another fight and it causes OU & Okie State to join the SEC.

Texas cannot operate sans us (ESP during their poop years) and we are stuck with then and OSU. There will be numerous discussions and likely threats, but OU will never become part of the SEC. Evah.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Wait another year. OU and Texas will have another fight and it causes OU & Okie State to join the SEC.

Texas cannot operate sans us (ESP during their poop years) and we are stuck with then and OSU. There will be numerous discussions and likely threats, but OU will never become part of the SEC. Evah.
Wanna bet? The SEC is the only conference OU ever wanted to be in outside of the Big 12. Plus OU wants to be the big man on campus and get away from Texas at any cost. There'll be another bitch fest between the two schools next summer over Big 12 expansion. Texas doesn't want expansion. OU does.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Wait another year. OU and Texas will have another fight and it causes OU & Okie State to join the SEC.

Wanna bet? The SEC is the only conference OU ever wanted to be in outside of the Big 12. Plus OU wants to be the big man on campus and get away from Texas at any cost. There'll be another bitch fest between the two schools next summer over Big 12 expansion. Texas doesn't want expansion. OU does.
Hell yeah, I'll bet you. Why on earth would we wanna lose Texas? Then my f-word Texas tshirt would be obsolete. If they're not in our conference, the rivalry - one of, if not THE, biggest rivalries in cfb us moot. My siblings both also went to (until recently) Big 12 schools, and the only thing we can all agree on is that we hate Texas. That codependent OU/TX relationship is a huge draw and money maker for both schools. Plus, we like for Texas to teach their boys how to play so we can recruit em. The Big 12 (even Big 8) would crumble without crimson and burnt orange.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:

Hell yeah, I'll bet you. Why on earth would we wanna lose Texas? Then my f-word Texas tshirt would be obsolete. If they're not in our conference, the rivalry - one of, if not THE, biggest rivalries in cfb us moot. My siblings both also went to (until recently) Big 12 schools, and the only thing we can all agree on is that we hate Texas. That codependent OU/TX relationship is a huge draw and money maker for both schools. Plus, we like for Texas to teach their boys how to play so we can recruit em. The Big 12 (even Big 8) would crumble without crimson and burnt orange.
Because OU and Texas' egos won't allow both to be in the same conference forever. If they went to seperate conferences, they would still play each other as non-conference opponents like they did until 1995.

Honestly, OU/Texas is like a bad marriage that needs a divorce for the sake of everyone involved!!!!!
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:

Because OU and Texas' egos won't allow both to be in the same conference forever. If they went to seperate conferences, they would still play each other as non-conference opponents like they did until 1995.

Honestly, OU/Texas is like a bad marriage that needs a divorce for the sake of everyone involved!!!!!
When I was in undergrad, we sucked ass. But as long as we beat Texas, it was a semi successful season. Same way I feel about OSU and, to some degree, TAMU.

But if you have never been to an OU/TX weekend, you don't get the rivalry. Have you?? It's like a weekend in Vegas with (hopefully) hella good football. If you remember your first OU/TX weekend, you'll never forget it. That rivalry is what cfb was made for.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake wrote: When I was in undergrad, we sucked ass. But as long as we beat Texas, it was a semi successful season. Same way I feel about OSU and, to some degree, TAMU.

But if you have never been to an OU/TX weekend, you don't get the rivalry. Have you?? It's like a weekend in Vegas with (hopefully) hella good football. If you remember your first OU/TX weekend, you'll never forget it. That rivalry is what cfb was made for.
So you were an undergrad during the John Blake Era, Ouch! But my heart doesn't bleed for you. OU needs a few 10+ loss season before I can feel sorry for the program. OU will never have at least one 10+ loss season since they cheat all the time!!!!

I've been in Oklahoma since 1991 so I know about the OU/Texas rivalry. Personally, it's overrated!!!!Woming/BYU is much much better but we don't play them anymore due to BYU damned ego!!!!

Hell, the Bedlam series with Oklahoma State is much better than OU/Texas.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote: When I was in undergrad, we sucked ass. But as long as we beat Texas, it was a semi successful season. Same way I feel about OSU and, to some degree, TAMU.

So you were an undergrad during the John Blake Era, Ouch! You callin me old?? :)

But my heart doesn't bleed for you. OU needs a few 10+ loss season before I can feel sorry for the program. OU will never have at least one 10+ loss season since they cheat all the time!!!! That's not very nice.

I've been in Oklahoma since 1991 so I know about the OU/Texas rivalry. Personally, it's overrated!!!! Wyoming/BYU is much much better but we don't play them anymore due to BYU damned ego!!!! I don't think you're allowed to use that many explanation points when discussing Mormons. I could be wrong.

Hell, the Bedlam series with Oklahoma State is much better than OU/Texas.cough cough poop cough cough
Y'all have a funny board :)

Yes, I know it's exclamation, not explanation.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

So you were an undergrad during the John Blake Era, Ouch! You callin me old?? :)

But my heart doesn't bleed for you. OU needs a few 10+ loss season before I can feel sorry for the program. OU will never have at least one 10+ loss season since they cheat all the time!!!! That's not very nice.

I've been in Oklahoma since 1991 so I know about the OU/Texas rivalry. Personally, it's overrated!!!! Wyoming/BYU is much much better but we don't play them anymore due to BYU damned ego!!!! I don't think you're allowed to use that many explanation points when discussing Mormons. I could be wrong.

Hell, the Bedlam series with Oklahoma State is much better than OU/Texas.cough cough poop cough cough

To answer your question about your age.....I was in college at the time over at East Central University. So, no....I wasn't saying you were old. John Blake was the last bad coach OU had!!!!!!!!

Can't stand Bob Stoops though.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

To answer your question about your age.....I was in college at the time over at East Central University. So, no....I wasn't saying you were old. John Blake was the last bad coach OU had!!!!!!!!

Can't stand Bob Stoops though.
I was teasing you doll. But what? No love for Bobby?? Something is not right here…
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Can't stand Bob Stoops though.
I was teasing you doll. But what? No love for Bobby?? Something is not right here…
Not at OU. NOBODY can be that good for this long without getting hit badly with NCAA sanctions.....unless said program paid the NCAA under the table. :whistle:
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
Not at OU. NOBODY can be that good for this long without getting hit badly with NCAA sanctions.....unless said program paid the NCAA under the table. :whistle:
I'm sensing some pent up Sooner hostility. If you remember right, we had 3 heartbreaking losses that required quite a bit of beer and Beverly's pancakes for recovery.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
I'm sensing some pent up Sooner hostility. If you remember right, we had 3 heartbreaking losses that required quite a bit of beer and Beverly's pancakes for recovery.
My team, WYOMING, hasn't won an actual conference championship since 1988 (the year Oklahoma State beat the poop outta us in the Holiday Bowl).

We haven't beaten our main rival, BYU, since 1999 and because the basterds from hell aka Provo, Utah left the conference, we won't be able to play them again for a LONG LONG time if EVER again!!!!

Meanwhile, Bob Stoops in his second year at goes off and has OU winning the National Tile with a 13-0 mark in 2000 while my team has to go down in flames in the WORST season in over 75 years at the time with a 1-10 season that year.

Part of the reason I like Oklahoma State is the fact they can beat and embarrass OU plus Wyoming got it's revenge on our 1988 Holiday Bowl loss in 1995 by beating the crap outta OSU, 45-25.

There is another reason I like OSU but I'm keeping that private.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Oh, about Oklahoma in general....your beer laws are Ultra STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.2 beer is not real beer!
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:
My team, WYOMING, hasn't won an actual conference championship since 1988 (the year Oklahoma State beat the poop outta us in the Holiday Bowl).

We haven't beaten our main rival, BYU, since 1999 and because the basterds from hell aka Provo, Utah left the conference, we won't be able to play them again for a LONG LONG time if EVER again!!!!

Meanwhile, Bob Stoops in his second year at goes off and has OU winning the National Tile with a 13-0 mark in 2000 while my team has to go down in flames in the WORST season in over 75 years at the time with a 1-10 season that year.

Part of the reason I like Oklahoma State is the fact they can beat and embarrass OU plus Wyoming got it's revenge on our 1988 Holiday Bowl loss in 1995 by beating the crap outta OSU, 45-25.

There is another reason I like OSU but I'm keeping that private.
I like Wyoming. I always root for them to win their games. The rest of it sounds like underdog syndrome.

OSU beats us like every 10 years. Even the ugly girl gets asked out occasionally.
Last edited by Snowflake on Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.