Sort of OT: What school(s) outside the MWC do you root for?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

For me, it would be Penn State and Notre Dame. Penn State because, well, Joe Paterno has made quite a storied program. Hell, he IS the storied program. And Notre Dame, well, I guess it may have something to do with the pissed off leprechaun and the first time I saw it as a child. I just thought that was the neatest thing.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

RUDY....RUDY....RUDY...RUDY..RUDY..RUDY! LOL
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

Virginia Tech and Virginia... it was much easier to root for them both before they were in the same conference. I am from Virginia so it is natural to root for them.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

I'm a Montana Grizzly season ticket holder, so I follow them as much as I do the Pokes (well, maybe a bit less). I have a soft spot for Florida, I've followed them since Shane Matthews and Emmit Smith were Gators. I used to really dig Texas Tech until they fired Leach. I follow way more West Coast football than anything East.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Keepin' it west...

Arizona State.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

McPeachy wrote:Keepin' it west...

Arizona State.
Is Osweiler going to start this year?
ImageImageImageImage
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I cheer for BYU... to lose everygame.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

marcuswyo wrote:I cheer for BYU... to lose everygame.
yeah. I am pure. I root for teams to lose, namely SEC teams playing any non AQ team.
W-Y, Until I Die!
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Tennessee

Started liking them when Peyton Manning was there and followed them ever since.

Texas Tech until they fired Leech

Recently I have started liking Nebraska and I would love them to beat up on the Big 10
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Northeastern Montana State Normal Indian's Teacher College
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Bill Snyders turnaround of the worst football program in college football history, Kansas St... But only a little.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

Okie State and Texas Tech. Both programs reminds me of Wyoming. Ironically both could up in the Mountain West.

I also like Iowa. Love their logo.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

My grandpa was a big time OU Sooner qb recruit before he decided to get a job in the oil field to support his family. My mom's family are all from Oklahoma. We had uncles play and coach at OU.

I cheer for Wyoming, but if I have to pick ONE school to cheer for that benefits from the evil monopoly it would be the Sooners.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

Outside of Wyoming, I root for Arizona (since I live/work in Tucson), and Minnesota (since I grew up there). It's been a rough couple of seasons for Minnesota, ever since Glen Mason and his dual-HB system left. Hopefully the Northern Illinois guy can get things turned back around. Their new outdoor stadium is pretty sweet.

The only other team I really root for, is whomever is playing Notre Dame! Growing up in Big 10 country, it always pissed me off that the only games I could get on a Saturday were the Notre Dame games, as with no cable, NBC was one of the few channels I was able to watch. It always frustrated me that they could hand-pick their schedule, and then get a free BCS bowl game at the end of the season if they picked right. I'm 100% in the group that says they need to be forced into a conference and play a real schedule each season, if they want a shot at the BCS.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:My grandpa was a big time OU Sooner qb recruit before he decided to get a job in the oil field to support his family. My mom's family are all from Oklahoma. We had uncles play and coach at OU.

I cheer for Wyoming, but if I have to pick ONE school to cheer for that benefits from the evil monopoly it would be the Sooners.
I hate OU with an extreme passion almost as badly as BYU! They cheat and they get away it! Plus OU's fans as just arrogant as the BU ones!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Clemson because they are similar to us in so many ways; especially with demographics. We should be the Clemson of the West!!

East Carolina because both of my parents are alums .
I'm good for 3!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Ole Miss. The fans that came to Laramie were fantastic. Left a big impression on me.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I root for Army (I'm a veteran) and Ole Miss (I've had some great friends from there and loved their fans) and whoever happens to be playing Nebraska.
billings
Ranch Hand

Oregon State. I like the underdogs that have some bite every now and then and son 2 goes there
USC . Son 1 received his BS there. Awesome place to go to School.

Ole Miss. Great fans when they came to Laramie

I also root for Montana State on the local scene and know several players from their HS days. :)
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

'Zona. My mom's entire family graduated from there. (Except for my mom, ironically enough. She got her masters from Wyoming :thumb:)