WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Why can't there be a summer football?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

We really should get the off-topic forum cookin'.
ImageImageImageImage
roozy
Ranch Hand

March thru early July is Wyoming Cavalry indoor football. It does a great job of filling the gap. Yes, I thought it couldn't be good football indoors when I first went. After the first game... I've been a season ticket holder since... 10 years ago. Of course, I live in Casper so that helps, but there are teams around the country that could help some of you get your in between seasons "fix". Check out some of the leagues... a good place to find a team near you is oursportscentral.
Jesus First, then football
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

roozy wrote:March thru early July is Wyoming Cavalry indoor football. It does a great job of filling the gap. Yes, I thought it couldn't be good football indoors when I first went. After the first game... I've been a season ticket holder since... 10 years ago. Of course, I live in Casper so that helps, but there are teams around the country that could help some of you get your in between seasons "fix". Check out some of the leagues... a good place to find a team near you is oursportscentral.
I'm in Laramie, so the Cavalry is probably the closest team, but still a good 2-3 hours for me. But with my knee issues right now, I can't seem to sit more than an hour or so, but I go see a doc about it at the Medical center of the Rockies Thursday (if I remember right).

Edit* Just checked wiki, and the Cavalry joined the IFL for this season, and will have the largest arena in the "Intense" division. WHen was the last time Wyoming had the largest in ANYTHING in sports?
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

ifl isnt too shabby! lol

i got the Lehigh Valley SteelHawks like 5 min from me...tops ha.

and the Reading Express bout a half hour away
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

There is Spring bear hunting!
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I took up shooting again. Bought a nice Ruger 10/22 a couple of weeks ago. Bought a Romanian Tokarev a few weeks before that. Needless to say, your friendly site admin has been blowing poop up.
ImageImageImageImage
roozy
Ranch Hand

I'm in Laramie, so the Cavalry is probably the closest team, but still a good 2-3 hours for me. But with my knee issues right now, I can't seem to sit more than an hour or so, but I go see a doc about it at the Medical center of the Rockies Thursday (if I remember right).

Edit* Just checked wiki, and the Cavalry joined the IFL for this season, and will have the largest arena in the "Intense" division. WHen was the last time Wyoming had the largest in ANYTHING in sports?
The Colorado Ice play at the Bud Center in Loveland... that may be a little closer for you. The Cavs had 2 games there earlier this season with the 3rd game here in Casper on May 27th. There will probably only be 1 game there next season as we will get 2 here with the Ice IF the division stays at 3 teams.

The Casper Events Center is definitely one of the biggest if not the biggest venue in the IFL. Seating capacity is just a smidge under 8000 for football. We used to have decent crowds of around 3500-4000, but interest has been waning the last few years. Probably because we were blowing everybody out in the AIFA and the NIFL. Last Saturday, attendance would be lucky to be 2000. I hope this Friday is better as the 10-0 Sioux Falls Storm come to town.
Jesus First, then football
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Also, I should tell you guys, I saw John Stockton at the local sammy shop I was patronizing this past weekend. His son graduated from UM this weekend, he was a Safety for the Griz. Saw Joe Montana at a scrimmage a few weeks ago.. my sports celebrity cup runneth over.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

roozy wrote:

The Colorado Ice play at the Bud Center in Loveland... that may be a little closer for you. The Cavs had 2 games there earlier this season with the 3rd game here in Casper on May 27th. There will probably only be 1 game there next season as we will get 2 here with the Ice IF the division stays at 3 teams.

The Casper Events Center is definitely one of the biggest if not the biggest venue in the IFL. Seating capacity is just a smidge under 8000 for football. We used to have decent crowds of around 3500-4000, but interest has been waning the last few years. Probably because we were blowing everybody out in the AIFA and the NIFL. Last Saturday, attendance would be lucky to be 2000. I hope this Friday is better as the 10-0 Sioux Falls Storm come to town.
Actually, in the other division, there are 3 that are larger. 1 is only a few hundred seats larger and the other 2 are

(sorry, couldn't resisit)
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

I actually saw James Johnson this weekend in Thermopolis for their big 3 on 3 tourney
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

If only we had baseball...
I'm good for 3!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

roozy wrote:

which btw i believe is the team that spiderman jones left wyoming for :thumbdown:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

wyosteelerfan wrote:

which btw i believe is the team that spiderman jones left wyoming for :thumbdown:
he did? That son of a bitch!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

i know right...he totally lebron'd us.....he took his talents to south...dakota?

gopokes1399
Blog Team

If only the Outlaws were still playing in billings, they were a tough team to beat
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

they're scheduled to be back next year...since the rimrock has a roof now n' all

Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Was unable to go to Casper tonight. How did they do?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

TwoTone wrote:Was unable to go to Casper tonight. How did they do?
70-30 sioux falls :thumbdown: