What would you change about the .mtn?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

A buddy of mine brought this up at a gathering the other night...and I thought it would make a great topic for discussion here.

Personally...all jokes aside...kind of...I think the .mtn should lower the amount of bWHYu airtime (including that dna riflehead Todd Christensen being limited as announcer) by more than 1/2.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Todd Christensen shouldn't be allowed to do any of the BYU games. I'll give him a little credit; I honestly think he tries to be objective but doesn't even realize how biased his commentary is pro BYU.

Personally I like the concept of the MTN, and obviously its going to always be an upstart for commentators, etc trying to climb the ladder, but I would really like to see them try to upgrade the play-by-play announcers before next football season. No more Y-ners allowed, there is a reason its called the MTN and not BYU tv.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I would love more content that is not BYU, I think the problem is most of the other schools don't have the production facilities, or old stock footage to do programs. UW doesn't have its own TV studio at all anymore I think. or classes that teach students those things.

I did like the "Legends" idea they did on Lavell, now we need to see one on other coaches from other schools.

Honestly I only really watch the MTN anymore when they show games. and less TC is a must.
God is a Cowboy
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I sure would like to see them upgrade the coach's show and then talk more about specifics of some of the plays other than just giving the ball carrier's name and who got the tackle. The other team fans in the MWC have all talked about how the Wyoming Coaches Show is the worst in the MWC.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

WYCowboy wrote:I sure would like to see them upgrade the coach's show and then talk more about specifics of some of the plays other than just giving the ball carrier's name and who got the tackle. The other team fans in the MWC have all talked about how the Wyoming Coaches Show is the worst in the MWC.
Unfortunately, I think UW produces the Joe Glenn Show. I have no doubt that if the MTN produced it, it would be much higher quality. But we won't get any kind of technical breakdown of plays until there is a new man behind the camera.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

In general the .mtn is a great resource and I would start by changing only four things....

1) Limit BYU exposure...
2) Limit TC exposure..
3) Increase UW exposure..
4) Most importantly....HD...HD..HD!

Go Pokes!
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
HankScorpio
Buckaroo

The girl with the big boobs that used to do the post game reports could come back...
When I get rich, I hope I am not mean to poor people. Like I am now.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Yeah, then everyone would really be hollering for HD.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

glad I'm not the only one that TC drives crazy. I only mind it when it is a UW game, can't stand to hear him criticize us. It never really bugged me until the 2007 nfl draft show when he said Wendling "had nfl measurables but they didn't translate to the field - he didn't make enough big plays" or something to that effect. got under my skin and it hasn't left. I can overlook the bias on other byu vw mwc games but whenever he criticizes wyo (whether warranted or not) it is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I do think his commercials with Bates are a riot though. Seems like Bates loves Laramie / UW defense.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

No Todd for any game, that guy makes me want to strangle something!
Go Pokes!
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

I would love to see HD. But if not, could it at least look like they aren't shooting the UW games on an 8mm Sony Handycam? When they show the shot from the top of the stadium I can barely make out what's happening.
What do you mean funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown? I amuse you?
WyNative
Ranch Hand

runs up and down the side lines that parks his ass in front of the fans and you can't see the play.
Spiiike
Buckaroo

Stop the cheesy commercials. Those are low rate. :roll: