OT: Wyoming Cavalry Tryouts

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Well this old man can't stay away from football so I'm giving it one more go to play the sport I love. I have my tryout with the Calvary on Saturday the 22nd, so wish me luck! If my lower back can hold up throughout the tryout I should impress. My leg strength has never been better (thanks to P90X pylometrics lol) its just my back that will stiffen up and I lose my form. A car accident a few years ago ended my career. I was hitting indoors from 60-65 and consistently putting my kickoffs through the end zone/back cage (arena style) Rehabbing my back and doing yoga have at least taken away the constant pain. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.
I'm good for 3!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Good luck, buddy!
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Good luck!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Good luck. Ill come watch a few games if you make it
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Good luck hope you make it!
Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

Good luck man hope you make the team cause they need a kicker real bad
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Best of luck Cornpoke! Smoke 'em while you got 'em!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Good luck! We all know you can do it!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Good luck!!!!

sure hope te cavs can dominate in this league like they did in the old one

(fun fact...coach majic ALWAYS goes for 2 :brick: )
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Good luck Cornpoke!
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Good luck and kick'em straight!
Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

wyosteelerfan wrote:

(fun fact...coach majic ALWAYS goes for 2 :brick: )

He wont this year with a kicker cus he got alot of threats after the baltimore game
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

How much money do they pay approximately? Don't worry I can't hit the numbers you mentioned so no competition here, just curious.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Good luck, Give em hell!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Soooo... how'd it go?

roozy
Ranch Hand

I'm curious how it went.... I didn't know the tryouts were going to be in a kicking environment. I thought they were just strength and agility at the WAC. So, how old is an "old man"? Not that it matters if you can put it down the middle from anywhere on the field.

Coach Majic said he is fielding a kicker this year because of the change in defensive rules from the AIFA to the IFL that make it tougher to score in short yardage situations. Don't ask me details of the rule difference, as I'm not sure yet.
Jesus First, then football
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

I spoke with Coach Majic this week on the phone. We setup the time for 4:00 on Saturday after the regular tryouts had ended. Well I show up at Kelly Welsh and no one is there... I spoke to a basketball coach from Kelly Walsh who said that tryouts had taken place but the storm moving into Casper cut it short. I'm guessing he forgot that I was showing up that day as most coach's are more worried about other positions than kickers.

However I called him and left a message and have not gotten a return call today (sunday) So I'm a little frustrated I drove through hellacious weather both ways, used up all that gas, got stuck in Cheyenne on my way back because they closed I-80 to laramie, to end up only playing pickup basketball game in the Auxillary gym at Kelly Walsh high school lol A return call would be nice so something can be rescheduled. I'm sure I could get some time in the IPF if he wanted to come down here to take a look at me. I'll keep you guys updated with what happens next.

BTW I'm 29.... with a 50 year old back :D
I'm good for 3!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Cornpoke wrote:I spoke with Coach Majic this week on the phone. We setup the time for 4:00 on Saturday after the regular tryouts had ended. Well I show up at Kelly Welsh and no one is there... I spoke to a basketball coach from Kelly Walsh who said that tryouts had taken place but the storm moving into Casper cut it short. I'm guessing he forgot that I was showing up that day as most coach's are more worried about other positions than kickers.

However I called him and left a message and have not gotten a return call today (sunday) So I'm a little frustrated I drove through hellacious weather both ways, used up all that gas, got stuck in Cheyenne on my way back because they closed I-80 to laramie, to end up only playing pickup basketball game in the Auxillary gym at Kelly Walsh high school lol A return call would be nice so something can be rescheduled. I'm sure I could get some time in the IPF if he wanted to come down here to take a look at me. I'll keep you guys updated with what happens next.

I'm 21 with 60 year old knees.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:I spoke with Coach Majic this week on the phone. We setup the time for 4:00 on Saturday after the regular tryouts had ended. Well I show up at Kelly Welsh and no one is there... I spoke to a basketball coach from Kelly Walsh who said that tryouts had taken place but the storm moving into Casper cut it short. I'm guessing he forgot that I was showing up that day as most coach's are more worried about other positions than kickers.

I'm 21 with 60 year old knees.

i'm 25 with a 17 yr old...oh nevermind

whyoh
WyoNation Addict