Western State game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
Poke Around wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:Burman wanted to schedule the D-IV Northeastern Montana State Normal Indian Teachers College but they declined, saying it would hurt their RPI rating.
Burman can take heat for a lot of things, but not the basketball schedule. At universities, the coaching staff handles the basketball schedule. And the quality of the schedule is a direct reflection on the coaching staff's relationship with other staffs.
Poke Around, it's interesting that you bring up the coaching staff and how it schedules basketball games. You're absolutely correct.. and oddly enough, there was an article in today's Missoulian about how the Griz have trouble getting teams to come to UM to play (even though Oregon St was just here).. but UMs schedule is considerably better than UWs. Check it out..
http://missoulian.com/college/griz/arti ... 03286.html
The key to scheduling basketball is the respect among coaches, and friendships. Coaches will take a step to help each other. Why do you think in past we could get Boise State, Dayton, Creighton and So Ill and Washington State in Laramie? The most recent trip Boise made to Laramie, by the way, was completion of a deal with previous staff. It's how Legerski gets the schedule he gets for the women.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
Poke Around wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:Don' t know why we have so many haters. It was a good game for crap sake. Regardless of the competition, we did what we needed to do.
Kind of like those early season blows outs against Peru State and Keen University. Those really got the team geared up to play medicore Division I schools.
Maybe we can petition for the NAIA.
Dude, feel free to complain all you want about a 43 point win.
Dude! Why don't you go and cheer Wyoming on next year when they Play Western Wyoming Community College and maybe the Rock Springs High School Tigers. Are you going to be pleased when they blow these caliber type teams out? Or even win them close? Seriously. Am I happy it's a W...Yes. Am I happy it's against a nobody? Not so much.
I cheer for Wyoming in every game we play. As I said before, you guys can bitch all you want.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Poke Around wrote:The key to scheduling basketball is the respect among coaches, and friendships. Coaches will take a step to help each other. Why do you think in past we could get Boise State, Dayton, Creighton and So Ill and Washington State in Laramie? The most recent trip Boise made to Laramie, by the way, was completion of a deal with previous staff. It's how Legerski gets the schedule he gets for the women.
So Heath doesn't make friends easily?

ImageImageImageImage
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I cheer for Wyoming in every game we play. As I said before, you guys can bitch all you want.[/quote]

Not me. I want us to lose every single game this year. Whatever it takes to get HS out of here.
basinpoke
Buckaroo

bladerunnr wrote:I cheer for Wyoming in every game we play. As I said before, you guys can bitch all you want.

Not me. I want us to lose every single game this year. Whatever it takes to get HS out of here.[/quote]

Amen
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
Poke Around wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:Burman wanted to schedule the D-IV Northeastern Montana State Normal Indian Teachers College but they declined, saying it would hurt their RPI rating.
Burman can take heat for a lot of things, but not the basketball schedule. At universities, the coaching staff handles the basketball schedule. And the quality of the schedule is a direct reflection on the coaching staff's relationship with other staffs.
It all has to be okay'd by Burman though. He signs the contracts for the games, and even makes the games scheduling dates.

Also, a short note from my earlier post. Our next four opponents are a combined 7-34 (not exciting to me). I will not be pleased even if we win. Because They are games that should be wins. On top of that, I really don't think we will win them all. I think Houston Bapt can probably take us at their venue with the way we play on the road. They've played OK st. close and even played ASU close. I think they are better than their 1-9 record show's. But still They are tough. They played us tough two years ago at Utah St. in that Tourney.
Another side note...More question. What happened to Waddell? Why isn't he playing?

He has an Achilles tendon problem. (He didn't dress last night and probably won't the next couple of games.)
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Good to know about Waddell. I hope he comes back strong.
A note on the Pic of HS. Notice haw dejected the players look behind him? I think he does live in his own little world.

And to you Jimmy. I love when my team wins. I hate when they lose, but I don't badmouth the players. I do show concern (or "bitch" as you say) when our leadership is in question. You know, stuff like Firing a coach after a winning season. Hiring a coach with a losing record. Giving a contract extension after a very mediocre season to a coach with a losing record. Watching attendance drop and saying that our program is on the rise. Seeing our team playing regular season games that should be considered exhibition games, you know what I mean. Johnson &Wales, Adams St., Western St., Kean University, Centenary, Kennesaw St., Houston Baptist U., North Florida (who has NEVER had a winning season), Peru St., South Dakota St., Colorado Christian, Chadron St. just to name a few. These should never be considered regular season games.
Heath Shroyer was 6-7 his first year in OOC games. Best win: Colorado, Most wins against: Lower division teams such as Colorado Christian, Chadron St. And lower teams from our division: Lamar, Arkansas Pine Bluff and Buffalo. Conference: 5-11
His second year he was 11-3 in OOC. Wins against lower division teams such as Johnson & Wales, Cal St. Bakersfield (at the time) and Western St. Best Opponent:UCLA Lost BADLY, Utah St. Lost. Then we beat a bunch of lower quality teams. You know, the Sacramento State's, Howard, Texas St, Denver and more. Confernce? 7-9
His third year? OOC:7-7 Beat lower division teams such as : Peru St., Adams st. Our best Opponent:Tennessee and Northern Iowa Both losses. Conference:3-13
This year OOC: 5-6 Beat lower divisions Kean U. and Western St. Best Opponent:Missou, Lost.
Our OOC opponents records are a combined 66-91! Besides We count a lower division team a a regular season game and they only count us (the same game as an exhibition...What the Hell!
Yeah these wins make our record look pretty, but truely mean nothing.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

bladerunnr wrote:

Not me. I want us to lose every single game this year. Whatever it takes to get HS out of here.
On-court performance is clearly not considered by Tom Burman when it comes to retaining coaches. Might as well hope the Pokes win, because it is obvious that losing alone isn't enough to get rid of HS.

What we should all really hope for is that Buchanan fires Tom Burman. Otherwise, what's the point? So what if we fire Schroyer? If Burman is still around to pick the next coach we still have the same problem. Schroyer is a symptom. Burman is the disease.