Email to Burman

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I just sent the following email to Burman...Maybe if a whole bunch of people write to him, he'll get a hint? ([email protected])

We'll see if/when/how he responds.

Mr. Burman,

As a graduate from the University of Wyoming, I am concerned about the direction of our basketball program. Mr. Schroyer, has shown an inability to coach and develop our program. While he has been able to bring in some very talented athletes into the program, he has not been able to mold that talent into a cohesive unit. Appearances on TV show that the players do not respond to his method of coaching. This shows, on a national level, that the players do not respect him. Not only is that a disgrace for the individual, but also the team, the coaching staff, the program and the school.

I understand that Coach Schroyer has turned the program around academically, which is a great thing. But, he has not been able to pull the performance level up to par with where it should be. Without a significant change in the very near future, attendance, and therefore finances, are going to suffer. While there will always be loyal fans, most UW students and grads will not pay to see a game where a group of un-coached athletes struggle and lose to a team that should be well below our talent level.

As a UW graduate and fan of all things UW, please tell me that you are doing something to rectify the situation.

Very Respectfully,

Kyle Wright
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Oh, and I was purposefully very "timid" and polite in what I wrote. I didn't want to be too aggressive and put him on the defensive without reading the whole thing.
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

You might amend the letter to say He has raised the academic levels thanks to the full-time academic adviser who travels with the team, which is something you refused when the previous coach asked for, but immediately added when you hired Shcroyer, along with two tutors to work with the basketball students.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Poke Around wrote:You might amend the letter to say He has raised the academic levels thanks to the full-time academic adviser who travels with the team, which is something you refused when the previous coach asked for, but immediately added when you hired Shcroyer, along with two tutors to work with the basketball students.

Why don't you write Burman with that? The more people to tell them they are unhappy with his teams, the more likely he is to listen....maybe.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Please for the love of Wyoming Athletics fire Heath Schroyer.
I really do miss going to the Dome of Doom every home game. My family has been season ticket holders since the 84' season. I'm from Wheatland and until this year I hadn't missed more than 2 games in a season for as long as I can remember. We would come whether the road was open or not. But this year we didn't purchase tickets. We couldn't watch anymore Heathball. He has the talent to make a good team but he just is not a good enough coach to make them play together. Yelling and cussing at them just isn't the way to motivate a poorly coached team. Its an embarrassment to even be a Wyoming Basketball fan at this point. Please fire him as soon as possible and find someone with a proven record not someone who has a losing career record. We all want the AA to be back to rocking every night with 10k+ fans not less than a thousand. We want Mountain West Championships not losses in the play in game. This is unacceptable
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

TwoTone wrote:Please for the love of Wyoming Athletics fire Heath Schroyer.
I really do miss going to the Dome of Doom every home game. My family has been season ticket holders since the 84' season. I'm from Wheatland and until this year I hadn't missed more than 2 games in a season for as long as I can remember. We would come whether the road was open or not. But this year we didn't purchase tickets. We couldn't watch anymore Heathball. He has the talent to make a good team but he just is not a good enough coach to make them play together. Yelling and cussing at them just isn't the way to motivate a poorly coached team. Its an embarrassment to even be a Wyoming Basketball fan at this point. Please fire him as soon as possible and find someone with a proven record not someone who has a losing career record. We all want the AA to be back to rocking every night with 10k+ fans not less than a thousand. We want Mountain West Championships not losses in the play in game. This is unacceptable
his email is: [email protected]
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

sent it before I posted it
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

TwoTone wrote:sent it before I posted it
Sweet...we'll see if he responds. If he does, post his response. It will either spark conversation, or laughter.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Email sent.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

I took your letter and added to it a little. Here is what I just sent.

Mr. Burman,

As a graduate from the University of Wyoming, I am concerned about the direction of our basketball program. Mr. Schroyer, has shown an inability to coach and develop our program. While he has been able to bring in some very talented athletes into the program, he has not been able to mold that talent into a cohesive unit. Appearances on TV show that the players do not respond to his method of coaching. This shows, on a national level, that the players do not respect him nor does he coach them up. Not only is that a disgrace for the individual, but also the team, the coaching staff, the program and the school.

I understand that Schroyer has turned the program around academically (with the addition of a full time academic advisor that travels with the team....which was NOT afforded to the last coach..Coach McClain). But, he has not been able to pull the performance level up to par with where it should be. Without a significant change in the very near future, attendance, and therefore finances, are going to suffer more than they already have. While there will always be loyal fans, most UW students and grads will not pay to see a game where a group of un-coached athletes struggle and lose to a team that should be well below our talent level.

I have recently read where Schroyer has moved the team out of the team locker room until they perform better. What about moving Schroyer out of his office until HIS performance improves? Perhaps permanently?

Since Schroyer was YOUR hire, your credibility is at stake. The simple fact that YOU gave an extension to Schoyer (with a losing coaching record) really hurts your credibility to the fan base. Since there as been absolutely no improvement (and there was ABSOLUTELY no merit to the extension), your decision needs to be swift so that someone, anyone, can start rebuilding the basketball programs integrity and reputation as a competitor and move it towards a winning season.

As a UW graduate and fan of all things UW, I implore you to make a change immediately. The longer you wait for this change, the longer it will take all UW fans to restore YOUR credibility. Tom, it is time for you to step up, admit that cronyism was a bad idea and that it is time to make a change for the better of MY beloved Pokes.

Accountability....isnt that what these young athletes are supposed to be taught? Well, someone needs to be held accountable for state of the mens basketball program, either you, or Schroyer. So, please do the right thing for the players, for the University, for the State and for the fans. Fire Schoyer by Monday so we can move in the right direction again to make UW a powerhouse basketball program.

Regards,
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Got a response. Dont know that he even read what I sent

Aaron-

You can rest assured that I feel a great deal of responsibility for the position of Cowboy Basketball and we will get it fixed and get it fixed correctly. Thanks for your support and I appreciate you hanging in with Cowboy hoops.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 62 times

TwoTone wrote:You can rest assured that I feel a great deal of responsibility for the position of Cowboy Basketball and we will get it fixed and get it fixed correctly. Thanks for your support and I appreciate you hanging in with Cowboy hoops.
Can you fix something incorrectly? Seems to me it wouldn't be fixed in that case.
Mayday
Buckaroo

It's becoming pretty clear to me that Burman has to go with his buddy Heath. What a complete bs response to the email you sent him. If Heath does somehow gets fired, Burman is not the man I want hiring the next basketball coach at Wyoming. Day by day he's losing more and more respect from Wyoming fans... the entire athletic department aside from one or two teams is a complete joke right now. Thanks TB!

GO POKES!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 4 times

I don't even go to basketball games anymore. I grew up a basketball player admiring the 'Pokes, and I don't even go anymore, and I live in Laramie. It's just sad, and I feel dead inside.