Over/Under on Firing Timeframe? Who will replace HS?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

So I thought the schedule was light to get wins...Turns out it was light to keep the other teams' winning margins just under 20. I didn't listen, but can read...must not have been good.

No matter what kind of friendship HS and Burman has, Burman has to be thinking about self preservation at this point. So:

What is the Over/Under on the timing of his firing of HS (in number of games)? Does he last the entire year?

and

Who should be hired to replace Heath?
Danmully
Ranch Hand

I don't think he will get fired in the middle of the season, but who knows we are really bad. I'd llike to see Steve McClain hired :thumb:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Danmully wrote:I don't think he will get fired in the middle of the season, but who knows we are really bad. I'd llike to see Steve McClain hired :thumb:
Buckymac sucked as a coach. He tanked the program just as well as this assclown. Have we sunk to the level that Buckymac looks "good" to us again? Yep. AND THAT IS f-word PATHETIC!

No doubt Buckymac was a better coach...and it only took 2 years of Heath's poop to prove it.

This one, is all on Burman. The loss of revenue because of Burman...he should be held accountable for being so pathetically inept.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

Hire Dave Rice.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Maybe Billy Gillespie? Don't know how I feel about him, but he did turn around A&M's basketball program, and although couldn't produce National Championships at Kentucky, he still got wins. He probably wouldn't be a long term hire, but he might be able to turn us around, and he might accept less pay now that he currently isn't coaching.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Not surprising, but disappointing.

Now one could read that to mean that he won't comment on it during the season, but that doesn't expressly mean he won't fire him. To hamstring himself like that puts Burman in danger. I'd guess that if they don't average more than 1000 butts in the seat (not announced attendance) in the first half of the season and the team has one win against Kean/Kane/whatever the hell they are - he has to say/do something. He might choose not to and try to soft peddle the discussion with expressions of "disappointment" and "frustration," but that really puts him in the crosshairs.

As for my top choices for replacements:

Jeremy Cox
Joe Dooley
Billie Gillespie
Dave Rice
Steve Wojciechowski/Chris Collins (some Duke Assistant - even though I hate them)
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

I would add Larry Shyatt to that list. Hell, add the North Florida coach Driscoll. He has won as many games in Laramie as HS has this season.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

I knew 5 games into HS's first season he was a disaster. Now we are 3 games into this fourth season and it is already a complete loss. Nobody can be so stupid as to keep this POS on board. I'm guessing reason will win the day and Shroyer is gone just prior to conference play.

Then again, having a piss poor team instead of a total freakin train wreck did earn HS an extension so who knows.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Don't you think you have to start with Tom? I mean, it was his decision to begin with...it is the most important part of his job. And as the #2 revenue sport in tough economic times, I have no sympathy.

Let the new AD make the decision. And I recommend Reggie Theus.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Maybe you are right - maybe Tom has to go first. I really like the guy and want him to succeed, but as they say "biniss is biniss."

Theus ain't a bad choice either.