I hope Tom Burman loses his job for hiring H.S.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We are down 29-4 in the first half. We have more turnovers than shot attempts. This isn't Kentucky were playing. Heath Schroyer is the worst basketball hire in the history of Wyoming sports. Fire him tonight Burman!!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

f-word tom burman, his only good hires were in two sports that can't bring in money (ya I like cowgirl basketball but it is far cry from Mens basketball when they were winning conference championships).
basinpoke
Buckaroo

Fire Burman. Then fire HS. Then hire AD that has no ties to former coaches.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

good job burman/schroyer, I cherish the fact that you made wyoming basketball irrelevant in both the conference and the region. Firing Mclain looks like a great decision (even if he had zero scholarship players he would put a better product on the court than this poop).

Note: I really don't have a huge problem with the Mclain firing, but why would you fire a coach that had won wyoming's only mwc championship (in any sport?) and replace him with a piece of poop who had a losing record as a coach. Makes a ton of sense to me.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Time for him to sac up and make some changes (football defensive coordinator, mens BB HC) or go down with ship which sucks ass for us as fans
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Maybe he can get us dropped to lower divisions so we can win? Oh wait lower division teams can beat the piss out of Wyoming teams :rofl:
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Tom Burman is the person in Wyoming who doesn't realize that we will be in the play in game again this year. The only question is, will we be 8th or 9th? Not only will we be in the play in game, but we will probably lose the play in game.

My message to Mr. Burman: fire HS now! Let an assistant take over. It cannot get any worse. The AA is going to be practically empty every night this year. If you have any balls at all, cut our losses and get rid of Heath. You had 20 million to fix up the stadium and you don't have enough dough to get rid of this guy? No one is buying it.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

IMO, although TB did hire HS, his job shouldn't be tied to ONLY HS's results. His job should be tied to his overall department performance.

Not sure I dig the "BOYS CLUB" feel of things lately. Maybe because Tom was a Wyoming kid (Laramie I think) we all have too high of expecatations?

Either way, when was the last good AD at Wyoming? Honestly...???
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:IMO, although TB did hire HS, his job shouldn't be tied to ONLY HS's results. His job should be tied to his overall department performance.

Not sure I dig the "BOYS CLUB" feel of things lately. Maybe because Tom was a Wyoming kid (Laramie I think) we all have too high of expecatations?

Either way, when was the last good AD at Wyoming? Honestly...???
Anyone can make a bad hire. Giving Schroyer a contract extension after a 7-9 conference record is unforgivable, imo. No school in the country was going to hire him away. Just one friend paying off another.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

bladerunnr wrote:Giving Schroyer a contract extension after a 7-9 conference record is unforgivable, imo. Just one friend paying off another.
I agree the extension was stupid as hell...

But if there is any truth to the buddy-buddy-boys-club-payoff thing, they both should be let go now. That is unethical and immoral. Very bWHYu like. :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

On a personal level I think Burman is a great guy. I coached his son's youth football team and he was always willing to help in any way. He is a Laramie native and truly loves it here. I try to stay positive that the people he has put in place and the direction of our mens programs will start to pay dividends. It just hasn't happened for all the handicaps Wyoming has in the recruiting game. I never felt it was my place to bring up any of "my suggestions" to him. That's why I share it here where we can all play arm chair athletic director :D

We all have our ideas to make UW more competitive in sports but with the state unwilling to put money into coaching hires, it probably won't happen. I'm sure Tom would love an unlimited budget to work with. Right now we have missed our window at a time when we needed to be good in college football with all the instability. Some teams got good enough at the right time to join AQ conferences. I kills me to think we could have done what Louisville, USF, UConn, etc. did and become attractive enough to be considered a program other conferences would like to have. We wouldn't be attractive to any conference with our current state in football and basketball. At this point, whatever happens with the MWC, we really don't have any right to speak on. Had Utah stayed and the MWC earned AQ status, it would have been the luckiest move in the history of UW athletics. It's sad to admit it, but we are an embarrassment to our conference and Division 1 sports in general.
I'm good for 3!
Danmully
Ranch Hand

How about sell beer at the games and use this money on coaches salary. We are not BYU and its no secret that there is a large portion of the fans that drink at the games. Might as well make money on it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Burman shouldn't be fired, but he should definitely fire Schroyer. Sometimes as an AD you make mistakes, he needs to realize his mistake of hiring his buddy and now fire him
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Burman shouldn't be fired, but he should definitely fire Schroyer. Sometimes as an AD you make mistakes, he needs to realize his mistake of hiring his buddy and now fire him
I'll amend what I wrote: "Burman should be fired for extending Heath's contract after a 7-9 conference record 2 years ago". That contract extension was totally uncalled for. The same record got McClain fired.
That's one friend paying off another. There wasn't a school in the country that was going to hire HS away from here. BTW, the powerful UNC bears losing to Arizona today by about 40. I get sick of reading how all the teams that beat us are either up and comers or have been really good in their conference. We have been getting pasted by teams that aren't worth a damn or frankly, teams I did'nt know existed, a.k.a. North Florida.