Afam is back

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I would say at about 80% of his FOY season. He looked very sharp and his shooting was excellent. The only thing I saw was he couldn't make quick sudden twisting moves. The real noticeable thing I saw was how the entire team really came to life when he came in to the game. Schroyer is being real careful with both Muojeke's and Waddell's playing time right now and is not hurrying them back into doing too much too soon.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Question...did he "run" down the court, or do the lazy man stand around & jog like last year pre-injury?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Actually, Afam hustled and worked pretty hard. He was draining 3s like crazy. He had 4 - 3s and 14 points I believe. I can't remember how many minutes he played - not too many - Schroyer is being pretty careful with Afam and Adam (Adam didn't play, but he was dressed). The possibilities are good if we don't get any injuries this season. The opposition won't be able to collapse under the basket this season like they did last season which should open the middle up enough for Jackson, Thiam, Muojeke, Waddell, & M'Baye to get to the rim - not only to score, but should help rebounding too. I don't think we will see near as many zone defenses against us this season. Depth is very good on this team.

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/ ... 10aaa.html
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Thanks. Sounds like Heath (and the OOC schedule) will allow them the luxury of easing into things.
Dear Karma,

ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I want so bad for this team (any wyoming team) to win a MWC. I hope Health has it figured out, I don't like the guy but if he gets a conf championship I will have no problem supporting wyoming basketball to the fullest.
basinpoke
Buckaroo

Afam is back but so is HS. Need I say anymore?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

basinpoke wrote:Afam is back but so is HS. Need I say anymore?
From the box last night...it appears Afam is NOT BACK. :twisted:
Dear Karma,

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Afam has proven to me that he is in fact worse now than he was before! This kid is not good. He still runs a fast break and will keep the ball a shoot a horrible ugly shot instead of dish off to an open teammate. Same old Afam... He still throws up shots from 24 to 26 feet out, even defenders don't get a hand in his face and contest the shot, because they pretty much know it's not going in. Good ole Afam... He still does not know how to play defense. I saw at least four of Missouri's three's made were by the man Afam should have been guarding. Two of them he left his feet and his man drove right by. Way to go Afam!!! The 6 foot 8 inch Moujeke is down low and watches a Missou shot bounce off the rim. No box out, He just watches the Missou player he should have boxed out, swoop in and tip it up and in. Oh Afam... And why is he worse now? Because now (as if he wasn't slow enough) he's slower. He jogs down the floor. He stands around on Offense, doesn't even try to get open (just waits for the ball 26 feet away from the basket for an open shot) He plays no defense. Has no hustle. And makes stupid mistakes. Not the star I want on my team. I've seen Juco players play better.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

I know in the game against Western Illinois he looked lost, like he did not know where he was supposed to be on the court. This is not the first time I have seem Afam look like this, it is becoming routine for him.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Personally I think it gets old when sports casters say how good he is when most of us know otherwise
gopokes1399
Blog Team

he is to timid as well he isnt the same player and proy wont be
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

he probably has a role in some way, but who knows what it is. We just suck and so does our coach. I've never been this disinterested in a poke BBall team before.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:he probably has a role in some way, but who knows what it is. We just suck and so does our coach. I've never been this disinterested in a poke BBall team before.
You and thousands of other pokes fans