we suck

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Good job making us competive, I f-word hate out play calling. Pathetic.
Pittsburgh Nellie
Ranch Hand

Embarrassing. The problem with Wyoming is they don't play to win, but play to not lose (by very far) and neither is working. We drive it down Utah's throat and do some razzle dazzle BS and lose 20? What? And Ian Watts...feel free to make a freakin kick. You don't have to do a thing... NOT EVEN KICKOFF! Make a dam kick.

We play like this next week and even putrid BYU will beat the snot out of us. Why do I ever get my hopes up?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I might not watch another game this year, I don't even want to think about the BYU game (even if we get a chance to win that one I am sure their refs will find a way to rape us).
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Of course it's ugly...Utah deserves their rank...and we aren't up to that level yet. I don't know why you thought we would win?
Danmully
Ranch Hand

If we lose against BYU I dont think I'll watch much more either. This poop is getting old. Someone call me when we compete
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I'm frustrated because we had opportunities that we refuse to take advantage of through poop play calling.
Example int, good field postion. and we call a qb run or option read that doesn't move the ball. And we get penalties that kill our drives. Those are things that can be fixed and shouldn't be happening every f-word game.
Danmully
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Of course it's ugly...Utah deserves their rank...and we aren't up to that level yet. I don't know why you thought we would win?

No i didnt think we'd win but I'd like to watch something that actually looks like a football team out there. The gap between us and other teams in this conference has never been bigger and we are being left behind.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I just don't know why we're running it so much. It's not working.
Danmully
Ranch Hand

I still believe why do I do it to myself lol
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

we actually look better running the "true spread" then using an H back hybrid spread in my opinion. Our oline has been doing ok today.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

coming back just like sdsu game.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

nope we suck
Danmully
Ranch Hand

hahaha oh well and least we arent from Utah
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

ok fire marty english we just blitzed two on 3rd and 12. Worse d play ever.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

I just can't watch anymore. We are a disgrace to college football. Our local grill that shows all Pokes games here in Phx has seen our fan base dwindle down to well, only me today!
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 54 times

marcuswyo wrote:ok fire marty english we just blitzed two on 3rd and 12. Worse d play ever.
I'm actually surprised it took so long for this comment to come up. I thought Marty did a poor job with the defense last year and deserved to be fired. I kept it quiet as it's sort of tough to justify a firing when you just went to a bowl game for the first time in 5 years and won the game, but Marty has not impressed me one bit as defensive coordinator. It seemed like an odd choice by DC to begin with, and it certainly isn't working out.

I know some of you are going to argue that Christensen was the driving force behind switching to the 4-3. I actually believe that to be a true statement. Christensen has stated several times that he preferred the 4-3 defense, and I do believe he pressured Marty into making that change. However, unlike many of you, I do not believe the 4-3 is why the defense is doing so poorly this season. Part of it is not having good enough players, but the defensive schemes have been horrible for the past two seasons in my opinion.

Also, I'm aware that the offense is statistically worse than the defense. However, remember where each side of the ball started and where they have ended up since DC took over. Our offense was putrid and continues to be putrid. Our defense was at the very least average, but has regressed significantly over the past 2 seasons. It's my opinion that Arroyo has done more with the offenseive players he has, then Marty has with the defensive players he has.
socalpoke82
Buckaroo

playcalling for offense and defense is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo god awful. it hurts. oy.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I did not expect to win today. I did expect that we would try to win. We did not even try.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 155 times

I don't know why Breske wasn't retained and why our linebacker coach seemed like a good pick for a Defensive Coordinator? English hasn't shown any ability to be a DC. I would fire the offensive line coach as well since they can't seem to pass block.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Made 3 turnovers, 2 in the endzone, and ACS, after the first quarter or so, would NOT throw down field to wide open recievers. It was getting frustrating. Then Dax Crum comes in and we get a touchdown.

As for English, he keeps putting linebackers on WRs and expects them to stay with them on long routes.

Can we PLEASE get a new D-coordinator? Like the one that Montana took from us (give him back dammit!).

And why are run play being called for 3rd and long? At least try hb draw plays for that, if nothing else, because the read and speed options and QB draws are NOT working.