Jordan Kelley from Gillette going to Wash St...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Just heard through the grapevine that Jordan Kelley from Gillette, is going to Wash St. to play basketball for the Lady Cougars in the PAC 10. It sounds like it was between Wyo and Wash St. As a junior last year, she lead the state in scoring among other things.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Hmmm.

I think, quite honestly, Gillette (as a community) doesn't dig UW for some reason...as much as other communities throughout the state.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

That's because most Gilletians are transplants and people in Wyoming can't stand them. Gillette is the BYU of Wyoming.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Campbell County dna rifle Suckers as the song says :whistle:
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Indeed.....If I lived in Gillette for more than five minutes I would be ready to move to Washington as well. Hell, I would be willing to live in the crack of Rossane Barr's ass over Gillette.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:Indeed.....If I lived in Gillette for more than five minutes I would be ready to move to Washington as well. Hell, I would be willing to live in the crack of Rossane Barr's ass over Gillette.
Tom Arnold didnt think it was so bad :lol:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

TwoTone wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Indeed.....If I lived in Gillette for more than five minutes I would be ready to move to Washington as well. Hell, I would be willing to live in the crack of Rossane Barr's ass over Gillette.
Tom Arnold didnt think it was so bad :lol:
'Cept he finally got smart and divorced her ass!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

7220Fan wrote:Just heard through the grapevine that Jordan Kelley from Gillette, is going to Wash St. to play basketball for the Lady Cougars in the PAC 10. It sounds like it was between Wyo and Wash St. As a junior last year, she lead the state in scoring among other things.

I am a huge fan of Legerski, but him and his staff got seriously out-recruited on this one. The Laramie excuse doesn't work (she's going to Pullman, not Honolulu), neither does lack of fan support (Cowgirls average 3x the fans that WSU does), nor the opportunity to win and/or play in the in the NCAA tourney (neither is really close right now, but the Cowgirls are closer). Finally, academic prestige doesn't qualify either. Both are western state land grant research institutions.

This was straight up losing to the opposing coaching staff.

I know there are individuals involved with Gillette (CCHS, whatever) Football that are very anti-UW, I wonder if that is more pervasive throughout Gillette than I thought.
wyoforlife
Buckaroo

This is f-word up, don't know how I found this, but it's poop...you folks claim that Gillette hates UW? f-word get a clue!!!! I've lived here for 30 years, and wouldn't live anywhere else in the state. Gillette is huge on sports, starting at an early age. Every kids desire here is to play for UW, perhaps it's the university that doesn't pay the athletes enough attention, ever thought of that? Sundance Wicks, Troy Mclravy, Jordan Roberts, the Vomhoff brothers, Oldenberg, John Chick, Dimerea Christenson, Emily Moore, etc...all Gatorade players of Wyoming, all star tribune top 25, all went to other schools because their instate institution passed on them. Jealousy is a bitter fruit, talk poop all you want, but the on field/court stats prove it. Most of these names are playing/performing at the professional level, hold national NCAA records. Instead of talking poop, maybe you should be bitching at the administration that deemed these kids unworthy!
"They're a bunch of jealous little dicks who use the anonymity of the internet to insult people who're doing what they wish they were doing." ~ Holden McNeil
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

Another wyo kid not going to uw thread, ugh!
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Aaron wrote:Campbell County dna rifle Suckers as the song says :whistle:
God its been so long since i've heard that song lol
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Aaron wrote:Campbell County dna rifle Suckers as the song says :whistle:
My good buddy Brock Finn wrote that song lol.... Of course if you remember his little brother Jacque FInn played cornerback for Wyoming during the Vic years.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

wyoforlife wrote:This is f-word up, don't know how I found this, but it's poop...you folks claim that Gillette hates UW? f-word get a clue!!!! I've lived here for 30 years, and wouldn't live anywhere else in the state. Gillette is huge on sports, starting at an early age. Every kids desire here is to play for UW, perhaps it's the university that doesn't pay the athletes enough attention, ever thought of that? Sundance Wicks, Troy Mclravy, Jordan Roberts, the Vomhoff brothers, Oldenberg, John Chick, Dimerea Christenson, Emily Moore, etc...all Gatorade players of Wyoming, all star tribune top 25, all went to other schools because their instate institution passed on them. Jealousy is a bitter fruit, talk poop all you want, but the on field/court stats prove it. Most of these names are playing/performing at the professional level, hold national NCAA records. Instead of talking poop, maybe you should be bitching at the administration that deemed these kids unworthy!

Very old thread, but an interesting topic. How many D1 basketball players are there in the NCAA right now (Men and Women) from the State of Wyoming? Nearly all of them (Woodward, McManamen, Lewis, soon to be Ligocki,etc.) play for UW. The exceptions? Taran Brown and Jordan Kelley. Both from Gillette. Both recruited and offered by UW. Both are high quality players and neither were recruited at a level higher than UW (I realize WSU is in the PAC-12, but it's quite a reach to claim they are a superior Women's BB program).

You will notice I put the blame on Legerski and his staff (maybe blame is the wrong word, but they basically lost the competition). My comment about Gillette was due to the fact that one of the assistant football coaches at CCHS used to post on GWG and was very negative towards UW.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Maybe it's a pirate thing.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

wyoforlife wrote:This is f-word up, don't know how I found this, but it's poop...you folks claim that Gillette hates UW? f-word get a clue!!!! I've lived here for 30 years, and wouldn't live anywhere else in the state. Gillette is huge on sports, starting at an early age. Every kids desire here is to play for UW, perhaps it's the university that doesn't pay the athletes enough attention, ever thought of that? Sundance Wicks, Troy Mclravy, Jordan Roberts, the Vomhoff brothers, Oldenberg, John Chick, Dimerea Christenson, Emily Moore, etc...all Gatorade players of Wyoming, all star tribune top 25, all went to other schools because their instate institution passed on them. Jealousy is a bitter fruit, talk poop all you want, but the on field/court stats prove it. Most of these names are playing/performing at the professional level, hold national NCAA records. Instead of talking poop, maybe you should be bitching at the administration that deemed these kids unworthy!
If every kid there desires to play at UW, then why do all the kids coming out of there go to CSU or elsewhere? I know at least three who chose CSU over Wyo...UW didn't pass on half of those players.
Besides, why recruit a Vomhoff when you can get a Wendling? I kid! A little banter between RS and Gil. But still, we beat you two state championships in a row!
But I really don't care. It's a players choice. It doesn't mean you were out recruited or anything. You can persuade all you want, if they have wanted to go elsewhere they will if the chance comes.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

A thread from 2+ years ago, dug up, and argued. Isn't there a limitations rule on this type of poop?

Anyway. Gillette f-word sucks. It is like Casper without the restaurants, on meth, and with less teeth. f-word Gillette. :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: I would be willing to live in the crack of Rossane Barr's ass over Gillette.
Well, at least you would have plenty of room. But it would probably smell the same as Gillette.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote:

Very old thread, but an interesting topic. How many D1 basketball players are there in the NCAA right now (Men and Women) from the State of Wyoming? Nearly all of them (Woodward, McManamen, Lewis, soon to be Ligocki,etc.) play for UW. The exceptions? Taran Brown and Jordan Kelley. Both from Gillette. Both recruited and offered by UW. Both are high quality players and neither were recruited at a level higher than UW (I realize WSU is in the PAC-12, but it's quite a reach to claim they are a superior Women's BB program).

You will notice I put the blame on Legerski and his staff (maybe blame is the wrong word, but they basically lost the competition). My comment about Gillette was due to the fact that one of the assistant football coaches at CCHS used to post on GWG and was very negative towards UW.
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Anyway. Gillette f-word sucks. It is like Casper without the restaurants, on meth, and with less teeth. f-word Gillette. :lol:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Aaron
A Real Cowboy