BYU is an Independent, rest of sports in WCC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

On ESPN now.

I guess Fresno and Nevada don't owe 5 million anymore.

Dumb Zoobs. Glad they are off the fence but seriously, a dumb move.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Peanuts the Bulldog
Buckaroo

Good riddance
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

See ya Brigham Wanker. Glad they are gone.
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

Even though we all hate BYu, this might very well hurt our BCS chances. I hope that the MWC boycotts scheduling byu in the future. Stupid move, I hope they go broke.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

msuhunter wrote:Even though we all hate BYu, this might very well hurt our BCS chances. I hope that the MWC boycotts scheduling byu in the future. Stupid move, I hope they go broke.
Same here. BYU can go suck it and rot.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
msuhunter wrote:Even though we all hate BYu, this might very well hurt our BCS chances. I hope that the MWC boycotts scheduling byu in the future. Stupid move, I hope they go broke.
Same here. BYU can go suck it and rot.
:censored: BYU and the white horse they rode in on! :tickedoff:
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

It might hurt our BCS chances, but if it the MWC didn't have a contigency plan's in place to cover the basics, I don't think they would have let them go. Should be interesting to see what the mwc has up its sleeve.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Bunch of selfish pricks IMO. I just dont see them EVER getting into a BCS game on their own :lol:
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Glad they are gone. Will be nice to watch them fade into nothingness in the near future. If only we could make it effective this season.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

best day ever! I hate byu and I am glad they are gone.
Alysa
Buckaroo

Heard about it on radio.
Read about it on ponyfans.com.
Some are questioning things like "Are they really going independent with a great tv deal worked out?"
"Are they really waiting to be invited to join the Big 12?"

"Are Houston, SMU, Texas-El Paso now going to get invites to MWC?"

I think a lot of Ponies on the Hilltop don't want to be in a western conference again, like the MWC.
Most comments I'm reading say that they prefer to stay to something more regional to the Dallas area.

I don't like BYU sports so I don't want it to work out for them BUT apparently they have so many LDS-ers who would watch on tv (I've heard 50 million) that they have a lot of power that way in order to make independence work out for them.
I've heard that they like the faith based WCC.
"With a pencil and eraser I've rewritten all your crimes"
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

The West Coast Conference currently includes Gonzaga, St. Mary’s, Santa Clara, University of San Francisco, Pepperdine, Portland, San Diego and Loyola Marymount. :rofl:
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Alysa wrote:Heard about it on radio.
Some are questioning things like "Are they really going independent with a great tv deal worked out?"
Don't know, don't care. Seems far fetched to me to see them join the Big 12.
Alysa wrote: "Are Houston, SMU, Texas-El Paso now going to get invites to MWC?"
Don't know.I do know BYU is gone from the MWC. What the MWC does now, I don't know. They probably have something up their sleeve.
Alysa wrote: I think a lot of Ponies on the Hilltop don't want to be in a western conference again, like the MWC.
Most comments I'm reading say that they prefer to stay to something more regional to the Dallas area.

I don't like BYU sports so I don't want it to work out for them BUT apparently they have so many LDS-ers who would watch on tv (I've heard 50 million) that they have a lot of power that way in order to make independence work out for them.
I have BYU-TV at home. I've never watched it. I certainly won't watch it to see BYU play. Seems like a risky move to me.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

Dear BYU,

So long, feel free to GFY and jump in front of a bus!

Hugs and kisses,
WyoNation.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

Also, I should add, that Thompson isn't going to get "Benson'ed" in this situation.. you can bet he's already onto plan B.
ImageImageImageImage
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

For some reason, this whole thread brought this quote to mind. I had to dig it up off of SI.com. Its from 1981.

LaVell Edwards, Brigham Young football coach, after suffering a 33-20 loss to Wyoming in a snowstorm in the Cowboys' War Memorial Stadium: "I'd rather lose and live in Provo than win and live in Laramie."
big z
Ranch Hand

wyobrandon wrote:It might hurt our BCS chances, but if it the MWC didn't have a contigency plan's in place to cover the basics, I don't think they would have let them go. Should be interesting to see what the mwc has up its sleeve.
I'm going to laugh my ass off if Hair Thompson goes after Gonzaga and St. Mary. Those are the only two schools in the WCC basketball wise that make the conference relevant.
big z
Ranch Hand

Alysa wrote:Heard about it on radio.

"Are Houston, SMU, Texas-El Paso now going to get invites to MWC?"

I think a lot of Ponies on the Hilltop don't want to be in a western conference again, like the MWC.

Can you tell me with out looking at your channel guide what channel Zoob-TV is on?